Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 657 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

He said no to the magic johnson owned Dodgers?

I thought everyone wanted to be a dodger now! :p
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I don't know why Carlos Lee doesn't wanna go to LA, but I sure don't mind it

Me either.

He really loves Texas. He doesn't care about winning.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I don't know why Carlos Lee doesn't wanna go to LA, but I sure don't mind it

Me either.

He really loves Texas. He doesn't care about winning.

He has a huge cattle ranch that he doesnt want to be away from. He has 15 teams that the Astros can trade him to without his permission
Originally posted by Hopper:
The Reds should sweep those Bums. There awful without Kemp.

Here not so bad, there very good.
Just signed Gustavo Cabrera, 5th ranked international prospect this year, only 16 years old.

Apparently a toolsy CF but needs work with the bat.
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
wednesdays game on the 4th is a 8:05 AM PST start...

LOL WTF that is absurd

"Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer! Said I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer!"
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Just signed Gustavo Cabrera, 5th ranked international prospect this year, only 16 years old.

Apparently a toolsy CF but needs work with the bat.

Just saw that. Interesting. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be another Angel Villalona
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Just signed Gustavo Cabrera, 5th ranked international prospect this year, only 16 years old.

Apparently a toolsy CF but needs work with the bat.

16, huh? That means he's probably about 23.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
He said no to the magic johnson owned Dodgers?

I thought everyone wanted to be a dodger now! :p

Playing for Jay-Z on the Brooklyn Nets >>>>>>>>>>> playing for Magic on the LA Dodgers
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Just signed Gustavo Cabrera, 5th ranked international prospect this year, only 16 years old.

Apparently a toolsy CF but needs work with the bat.

Just saw that. Interesting. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be another Angel Villalona

Well, we sign international players pretty frequently who haven't gone Angel's route so I wouldn't be too worried.

Some more on this kid courtesy of Grant/McCovey Chronicles:

http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2012/7/2/3132000/giants-sign-gustavo-cabrera
And for everyone's amusement:

[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jul 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
I'm sorry, but this is funny. Taken from the ESPN article on the 2002 Giants reunion:

"Game 6 happened and I don't even remember Game 7," said Bonds, slimmed down to about 212 pounds from his new love of cycling. "


Oh the ironing.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Just signed Gustavo Cabrera, 5th ranked international prospect this year, only 16 years old.

Apparently a toolsy CF but needs work with the bat.

Also this:

The Giants have agreed to sign 16-year-old third baseman Natanael Javier for $475K, Badler writes. The Dominican prospect was named the MVP of the Dominican Prospect League's PG International Series all-tournament game last month.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Just signed Gustavo Cabrera, 5th ranked international prospect this year, only 16 years old.

Apparently a toolsy CF but needs work with the bat.

Also this:

The Giants have agreed to sign 16-year-old third baseman Natanael Javier for $475K, Badler writes. The Dominican prospect was named the MVP of the Dominican Prospect League's PG International Series all-tournament game last month.

Seems to make a lot of sense now with the way our draft went, apparently Javier and Cabrera are some of the best prospects for their age. I forget which scout said it, but he referred to Cabrera as the best 16 year old player in the world.
Also, here's a vid for Javier:



Supposedly really great defensively and has decent power. Swing needs to be a little more fluid/smooth though as you can see there's just a tiny hitch in the video.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone