There are 225 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
Bronson Arroyo could be a target.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by boast:
KNBR had a discussion on Timmy's contract. the main points were durability (his 200 innings a year) and the marketing value the Giants get from trotting out a two-time Cy Young award winner.

oh and that he's a Padre killer

I think the marketing aspect was huge. Giants fans love Timmy and I'm sure he is 2nd to Buster in popularity.

Id guess Sandoval is 2nd with Lincecum a close 3rd. But yeah, the Giants very much understand how valuable fan favorites are, and how to market them.

I think there would be more people mad if Timmy left than Panda. Panda had the stupid hats going but I think Timmy is truly loved. Just my opinion anyway

lol true. Pablo has been more marketable is what I meant. He could probably replace Lou Seal as the mascot. Lincecum is kind of awkward and keeps to himself. Its hard to tell if he loves it in SF, or could play anywhere for the money. I guess this new deal helped prove the former. He just hasnt lived up to the billing since 2010.

Im not sure Pablo would even have a prayer of remaining a Giant after next year if he wasnt such a marketing asset. Its a shame that he cant get it together. He has the talent to be an elite player, but doesnt seem to have the discipline. Its hard to believe, but he actually has under 15 HR in 3 of his last 4 seasons now.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:14 AM ]
Hey guys. Just wanted to share a tidbit of information I heard that Bronson Arroyo is a possibility.

Seriously? Wow.

wow. i called it yesterday lol
arguing with an A's fan is like talking to a child.

i state my opinions on the giants, and they respond with a sarcastic remark.

they make fun at the players we overpay and they brag about being a moneyball team, playing in a old school park, with a hardcore "real" fanbase. well, then how come your players leave as soon as their contracts are up, your plumbing is horrible (lol) and those "real" fans barely showed up during the season?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Seriously? Wow.

wow. i called it yesterday lol

Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Hey guys. Just wanted to share a tidbit of information I heard that Bronson Arroyo is a possibility.

Crazy. Sorry but Garcia broke this insider knowledge already. On another note, this just in.............. Clayton Kershaw is going to get a lot of money from the Dodgers. Dont forget.. you heard it here first.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I would love to have Arroyo as our #4 with Cy Gaudin rounding out the rotation in the 5th spot.
Funny line that Buster Olney quoted a rival official on Timmys contact.

" $35m deal with no-trade clause: "Isn't that redundant?"
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I would love to have Arroyo as our #4 with Cy Gaudin rounding out the rotation in the 5th spot.

even though his leg kick pisses me off!

Funny line that Buster Olney quoted a rival official on Timmys contact.

" $35m deal with no-trade clause: "Isn't that redundant?"

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
arguing with an A's fan is like talking to a child.

i state my opinions on the giants, and they respond with a sarcastic remark.

they make fun at the players we overpay and they brag about being a moneyball team, playing in a old school park, with a hardcore "real" fanbase. well, then how come your players leave as soon as their contracts are up, your plumbing is horrible (lol) and those "real" fans barely showed up during the season?

Originally posted by pdizo916:

for some reason this news depresses me. I'd rather find someone else.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Really hope we take a shot at Nelson Cruz. 1 year deal for like 7/8 million... maybe 2. I would risk it for his upside. 30 HR guy RH Bat... sounds like just what we need.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

for some reason this news depresses me. I'd rather find someone else.

Lol same here
Share 49ersWebzone