LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Better product? Fans love to see a ball hit in triples alley, and love splash hits. The field is beautiful. Why would we change something that produced 2 championships and continues to sell out?

I love seeing 420 ft outs, dont you?

Most fly balls get caught in triples alley because the RFer is practically already in RCF.

And I cant count how many times on the radio I hear John Miller or Dave Flemming say, "If that ball is hit in any other ball park thats probably a home run"... or "he just got ATT'd" its a joke. What is the purpose of triples alley anyway?

Why do we need it?

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Better product? Fans love to see a ball hit in triples alley, and love splash hits. The field is beautiful. Why would we change something that produced 2 championships and continues to sell out?

I love seeing 420 ft outs, dont you?

Most fly balls get caught in triples alley because the RFer is practically already in RCF.

And I cant count how many times on the radio I hear John Miller or Dave Flemming say, "If that ball is hit in any other ball park thats probably a home run"... or "he just got ATT'd" its a joke. What is the purpose of triples alley anyway?

Why do we need it?

This. And you must have missed Pagan's walk off inside the park homer. That's AT&T d
  • Garce
  • Veteran
This. And you must have missed Pagan's walk off inside the park homer. That's AT&T d

If it had gone over a fence he would have jogged around the bases and not gotten injured and we would probably still be in this playoff race.

I just want to hear why we need a 'triples alley'? Whats the point?

If it had gone over a fence he would have jogged around the bases and not gotten injured and we would probably still be in this playoff race.

I just want to hear why we need a 'triples alley'? Whats the point?

What's the point of the green monster? What the point of the rock feature in the angels park, the high fences in some parks, or low ones in others. It gives the stadium character. Each team should have a unique feature that stands out.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
What's the point of the green monster? What the point of the rock feature in the angels park, the high fences in some parks, or low ones in others. It gives the stadium character. Each team should have a unique feature that stands out.

The green monster is there because otherwise dudes would be hitting 310ft HRs. Rocks are not apart of the dimensions at angels stadium, they are beyond the fence, not in the field of play.

Our stadium is known for the beautiful surroundings, mccovey cove, the coke bottle/glove... what the f**k do we need a triples alley for?
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 29, 2013 at 4:59 PM ]

The green monster is there because otherwise dudes would be hitting 310ft HRs. Rocks are not apart of the dimensions at angels stadium, they are beyond the fence, not in the field of play.

Our stadium is known for the beautiful surroundings, mccovey cove, the coke bottle/glove... what the f**k do we need a triples alley for?

I like it. What the f**k, you retarded? Lol. It gives it character so its not a cookie cutter field. I am not continuing this quote fest. I don't have a f**king say if it stays or goes anyways. Lulz GGG
  • Garce
  • Veteran

I like it. What the f**k, you retarded? Lol. It gives it character so its not a cookie cutter field. I am not continuing this quote fest. I don't have a f**king say if it stays or goes anyways. Lulz GGG

I haven't heard one logical reason for a stupid ass triples alley, that s**t needs to GTFO.
pumped to see what Kieschnick can do. Hopefully He replaces Torres and not Frenchy.

I haven't heard one logical reason for a stupid ass triples alley, that s**t needs to GTFO.

So Pagan can break the Giants triples record, duh.
The D'Backs are not in on Wilson, tweets John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR.

Thank God, would make me sick to see Wilson in our division on another team

Hi I'm Brian Sabean, and triples alley is staying.

http://www.sfgate.com/giants/shea/article/Bochy-Sabean-engineered-Giants-success-4150651.php

Or Angel Pagan, who said before the season that the Giants were the team to beat and ignited the lineup when reinserted to the leadoff spot on Aug. 3, emerging as the proprietor of Triples Alley, both on offense and defense.

Concept being, get a speedy outfielder who can run long drives down (takes runs off the board) and who can hit line drives and run for days (Pagan led the league in triples, thanks in no small part to "Triples Alley") and you have a formula for success.

I love Rubber. No homo.
Tanaka optioned, Abreu to the DL.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Tanaka optioned, Abreu to the DL.

thank you Lord.

can Pill play 2nd in an emergency role?
Share 49ersWebzone