LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Down 8-0, take out Posey and bring in Kontos. Giving up more runs than a slow-pitch softball game.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Down 8-0, take out Posey and bring in Kontos. Giving up more runs than a slow-pitch softball game.

jesus.
They should just invoke the mercy rule and end this one.
Well at least we have a 2 for 1 deal tomorrow
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Well at least we have a 2 for 1 deal tomorrow

2 home run derbies for the price of 1, what a deal!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I really don't know and I don't even care. I just think it's a p***y move to give up on your team so early....but hey, I'm an old guy raised in a different era so wtf do I know?

Lulz

Didn't you say we were gonna get no hit in like the top of the 3rd inning when we got no-hit?

Isn't that giving up?

Originally posted by ads_2006:
I really don't know and I don't even care. I just think it's a p***y move to give up on your team so early....but hey, I'm an old guy raised in a different era so wtf do I know?

Lulz

Didn't you say we were gonna get no hit in like the top of the 3rd inning when we got no-hit?

Isn't that giving up?

Yah, and we got no hit! This may be face-saving, but I wasn't giving up or throwing in the towel, I just saw what was clearly obvious and which actually ended up happening.

As it turns out, the guys who gave up and called it in the first inning (saying the game was essentially over) were right and I clearly was wrong.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM ]

Lulz

Isn't that giving up?

Yah, and we got no hit! This may be face-saving, but I wasn't giving up or throwing in the towel, I just saw what was clearly obvious and which actually ended up happening.

As it turns out, the guys who gave up and called it in the first inning (saying the game was essentially over) were right and I clearly was wrong.

Are you saying we cant come back from 11-0? Come on man... Votto, Phillips, and Choo are out of the game. We've got this.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Lulz

Isn't that giving up?

Are you saying we cant come back from 11-0? Come on man... Votto, Phillips, and Choo are out of the game. We've got this.

8th inning, 11-0...slightly different than 1st inning, 3-0.

Ghost. Lighten up. It was a joke

I wasn't mad at all..interwebs postings can be a little deceiving. All is well my friend.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM ]

I wasn't mad at all..interwebs postings can be a little deceiving. All is well my friend.

All you can do is laugh about a game like this. I know it sucks to be this bad but I cant get over the fact that the Giants actually won 2 WS in 3 years with a fairly average roster. Luck was truly on our side both years. Now.... not so much.

All you can do is laugh about a game like this. I know it sucks to be this bad but I cant get over the fact that the Giants actually won 2 WS in 3 years with a fairly average roster. Luck was truly on our side both years. Now.... not so much.

We definitely weren't the best teams either year, but I lived long enough to see my SF Giants win titles, so I can now die a happy camper. I think that might be why I'm a little less critical of this front office than some, as all I cared about was my team winning a World Series. The fact that they won 2 has me in more of a forgiving mood regarding the current mess on the field. But it's true, luck played as much a part in our wins as anything else....but I'll take it!
Fitting end.

We definitely weren't the best teams either year, but I lived long enough to see my SF Giants win titles, so I can now die a happy camper. I think that might be why I'm a little less critical of this front office than some, as all I cared about was my team winning a World Series. The fact that they won 2 has me in more of a forgiving mood regarding the current mess on the field. But it's true, luck played as much a part in our wins as anything else....but I'll take it!

Same here although I cant help myself when it comes to being critical of Sabean. I wanted his ass fired for years for bad decision after bad decision. Give me one more WS title, 3 more Superbowl wins, and a Warriors title and I will have all I need.
Share 49ersWebzone