LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Question for you Giant fans. Cardinals are playing the Dodgers this weekend.

Do you root for the Cardinals to beat your rivals?

OR

Do you root for the Dodgers (because they suck) and hope the Cardinals lose (to get the best record in the NL)

???

For example, if the Cubs were playing the Giants...I would probably root for the Cubs. They don't stand a chance and the Giants are in my way of getting that top record.

f**k the dodgers. Why would we root against the cards when we give zero f**ks about them and we are a 1/4 of the way into a season.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by jrg:
Question for you Giant fans. Cardinals are playing the Dodgers this weekend.

Do you root for the Cardinals to beat your rivals?

OR

Do you root for the Dodgers (because they suck) and hope the Cardinals lose (to get the best record in the NL)

???

For example, if the Cubs were playing the Giants...I would probably root for the Cubs. They don't stand a chance and the Giants are in my way of getting that top record.

f**k the dodgers. Why would we root against the cards when we give zero f**ks about them and we are a 1/4 of the way into a season.

Neither.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Former mlb gm,Jim Boden, now an espn analyst, was a guest on 95.7 The Game, and just said we were working a deal with Miami for Ricky Nolasco and Stanton.

lol i wish
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Kickham went 6 1/3 innings and only allowed 1 Earned Run, this would be 5 good starts in a row.

I'm definitely in favor of calling up Kickham unless of course we could get Nolasco as a salary dump style trade

what would it take to get him?
I root for the Giants and whoever is playing against the Dodgers.

f**k the Dodgers. I don't care if they are 35 games out of first. I want them to lose every single game they play.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
going to the game tonight
Originally posted by Garcia:

stop tainting the stadium ...
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Garcia:

stop tainting the stadium ...

• MuggD
  • Veteran
lol

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Kickham went 6 1/3 innings and only allowed 1 Earned Run, this would be 5 good starts in a row.

I'm definitely in favor of calling up Kickham unless of course we could get Nolasco as a salary dump style trade

It shouldn't take a lot if the Giants are willing to absorb the remainder of the salary, his 2013 salary is 11.5 M then hits FA.

His current ERA is 3.98, career ERA is around 4.50, so the Giants shouldn't give up anything of great significance to get him but if the Marlins are desperate to unload this contract and are willing to take a marginal prospect or two to get out of that contract, the Giants should make it happen.

It shouldn't take a lot if the Giants are willing to absorb the remainder of the salary, his 2013 salary is 11.5 M then hits FA.

His current ERA is 3.98, career ERA is around 4.50, so the Giants shouldn't give up anything of great significance to get him but if the Marlins are desperate to unload this contract and are willing to take a marginal prospect or two to get out of that contract, the Giants should make it happen.

so Sabean will probably give up our top prospect then

FML
Originally posted by ads_2006:

so Sabean will probably give up our top prospect then

FML

Not likely. Still, there isn't ONE prospect in our system that I'm too worried about giving up right now. And this is coming from someone who is as big a fan as anyone out there of our minor leaguers....love them, root for them and desperately want them to succeed, but I don't see one person in our system right now that is "untradeable." Sure, there's a handful that might eventually/possibly turn into solid-to-good major leaguers (e.g., Panik, Crick, Williamson, Stratton and possibly Blackburn) but even they have a long, long, long way to go.

So no, I wouldn't trade our "top" prospects for Nolasco because I don't think it's necessary to do so. But I also don't think our top prospects are all that valuable to begin with so even if we somehow did, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Angel Pagan CF, Marco Scutaro 2B, Pablo Sandoval 3B, Buster Posey C, Hunter Pence RF, Brandon Belt 1B, Gregor Blanco LF, Brandon Crawford SS, (Tim Lincecum P)
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Angel Pagan CF, Marco Scutaro 2B, Pablo Sandoval 3B, Buster Posey C, Hunter Pence RF, Brandon Belt 1B, Gregor Blanco LF, Brandon Crawford SS, (Tim Lincecum P)

Thats what I'm saying
Share 49ersWebzone