LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 386 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Former mlb gm,Jim Boden, now an espn analyst, was a guest on 95.7 The Game, and just said we were working a deal with Miami for Ricky Nolasco.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Former mlb gm,Jim Boden, now an espn analyst, was a guest on 95.7 The Game, and just said we were working a deal with Miami for Ricky Nolasco.

were or are?

Gary Brown for Nolasco?
Originally posted by Garcia:

were or are?

Gary Brown for Nolasco?

Any prospect not named crick

were or are?

Gary Brown for Nolasco?

He made it sound like a certainty
  • Garce
  • Veteran

that would be a good trade. nolasco would be a great fill in for vogey.

I looked at Nolasco's salary and career stats and my verdict is if the Giants could get Nolasco in a salary dump style trade, they should pull the trigger but shouldn't give up significant prospects.

Nolasco makes 11.5M this year and then is a FA

Career ERA around 4.5 this year so far 3.98 ERA

With that said I think there is a good shot at prying him from the Marlins by just taking the salary and a marginal prospect or two.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
He'd pitch better in our park too. I would think so anyway.
Former mlb gm,Jim Boden, now an espn analyst, was a guest on 95.7 The Game, and just said we were working a deal with Miami for Ricky Nolasco and Stanton.

Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

I looked at Nolasco's salary and career stats and my verdict is if the Giants could get Nolasco in a salary dump style trade, they should pull the trigger but shouldn't give up significant prospects.

Nolasco makes 11.5M this year and then is a FA

Career ERA around 4.5 this year so far 3.98 ERA

With that said I think there is a good shot at prying him from the Marlins by just taking the salary and a marginal prospect or two.

I agree with not giving up any significant prospects for Nolasco. The guy is the ultimate underachiever. I would think the Marlins would LOVE to dump that salary right now.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Former mlb gm,Jim Boden, now an espn analyst, was a guest on 95.7 The Game, and just said we were working a deal with Miami for Ricky Nolasco and Stanton.

Anyone going to the game Saturday? Trying to find tickets right now.
Kickham went 6 1/3 innings and only allowed 1 Earned Run, this would be 5 good starts in a row.

I'm definitely in favor of calling up Kickham unless of course we could get Nolasco as a salary dump style trade
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Question for you Giant fans. Cardinals are playing the Dodgers this weekend.

Do you root for the Cardinals to beat your rivals?

OR

Do you root for the Dodgers (because they suck) and hope the Cardinals lose (to get the best record in the NL)

???

For example, if the Cubs were playing the Giants...I would probably root for the Cubs. They don't stand a chance and the Giants are in my way of getting that top record.
Cards.

It's early. Always root against your division. Always.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Go Cards GO. f**k LA.
Share 49ersWebzone