LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by dcsham:
I actually think that Pence will have an excellent year in 2013. Glad he's on the team, and I expect that he will be worth the $13.8.

OK Brian. He may have a good year but he is not worth 13.8 per season.

Lol, my friend we shall see. And I'm not Brian, just a family member.
I actually think that Pence will have an excellent year in 2013. Glad he's on the team, and I expect that he will be worth the $13.8.

I really hope you are right DC. With the duo we have in LF we really do need Pence to step it up and hit like he did in 2011.

I really hope you are right DC. With the duo we have in LF we really do need Pence to step it up and hit like he did in 2011.

13.8 is a lot of money, no doubt. But I think if you dig a little deeper (and I know that you do) you will see that Pence was key in our series win last year. His clubhouse presence, veteran leadership, and even his reputation as a hitter in the lineup were huge. And, he played an excellent RF in my opinion, especially when you consider that RF in ATT is one of the more difficult (if not the most) in baseball.

In my mind, he adjusts to the park and has a very good yea in 2013 while bringing everything else that he brought last year. I trust Bochy and Sabean and I'm sure their input had a great deal to do with the money spent.
posey 1 year 8 million

he deserves it

13.8 is a lot of money, no doubt. But I think if you dig a little deeper (and I know that you do) you will see that Pence was key in our series win last year. His clubhouse presence, veteran leadership, and even his reputation as a hitter in the lineup were huge. And, he played an excellent RF in my opinion, especially when you consider that RF in ATT is one of the more difficult (if not the most) in baseball.

In my mind, he adjusts to the park and has a very good yea in 2013 while bringing everything else that he brought last year. I trust Bochy and Sabean and I'm sure their input had a great deal to do with the money spent.

Well DC.. I think if the Giants were really convinced they would have given him a 3 + year deal and bought out a couple of FA years. I think their hands were tied to tell you the truth and they pretty much had to keep Pence for this season. I think there are some doubts in the mind of your relative Brian.

Well DC.. I think if the Giants were really convinced they would have given him a 3 + year deal and bought out a couple of FA years. I think their hands were tied to tell you the truth and they pretty much had to keep Pence for this season. I think there are some doubts in the mind of your relative Brian.

I think that Brian made the right move. He has to decide where to spend a lot of money over the next few years and 13.8 is a relatively cheap one year investment in this day and age if you step back and take a high view of it.
The Giants are one of the teams interested in reliever Brandon Lyon.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-baggarly/giants-deep-discussions-brandon-lyon
Originally posted by ads_2006:
posey 1 year 8 million

he deserves it

lol thats an understatement.

Has there ever been a player with more success to start a career than Posey? You cant do much better than a ROY, 2 WS titles, NL MVP, batting title, silver slugger, and Hank Aaron award over your first 300 career games.
You guys think we should break out the RALLY CAPS this Sunday for the Niners? Powers like that shouldn't be abused, but I think its a good time to bring them back.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
posey 1 year 8 million

he deserves it

lol thats an understatement.

Has there ever been a player with more success to start a career than Posey? You cant do much better than a ROY, 2 WS titles, NL MVP, batting title, silver slugger, and Hank Aaron award over your first 300 career games.

Derek Jeter had a nice start to his career too minus the MVP.

Originally posted by Niners99:
You guys think we should break out the RALLY CAPS this Sunday for the Niners? Powers like that shouldn't be abused, but I think its a good time to bring them back.

won't be posting, will be in bar watching game
The San Jose Giants will be hosting Lennay Kekua Night at Municipal Stadium Friday, April 12, in honor of the fake, deceased girlfriend of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o.

Catfish will be on the menu for that night, and fans can bring their significant others — real or fake — to the game for free. There will be a meet-and-greet prior to the game so that the couples can introduce their parents to their boyfriend or girlfriend.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/487579/san-jose-giants-to-host-lennay-kekua-night-spark-mixed-reactions-on-twitter/#hwhLcEh24shRgJUj.99
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs
#SFGiants GM Brian Sabean on whether Brian Wilson will return: "Brutally honest, I don't think so." Story:
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/19/giants-gm-brian-sabean-doesnt-expect-brian-wilson-to-return/
Originally posted by Muggins:
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs
#SFGiants GM Brian Sabean on whether Brian Wilson will return: "Brutally honest, I don't think so." Story:
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/19/giants-gm-brian-sabean-doesnt-expect-brian-wilson-to-return/

Makes sense. Wilson hasn't shown any progress since his 2nd TJS combined with his stubbornness to be paid top closer money. Thanks Brian, but the team will be fine without you.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
The San Jose Giants will be hosting Lennay Kekua Night at Municipal Stadium Friday, April 12, in honor of the fake, deceased girlfriend of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o.

Catfish will be on the menu for that night, and fans can bring their significant others — real or fake — to the game for free. There will be a meet-and-greet prior to the game so that the couples can introduce their parents to their boyfriend or girlfriend.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/487579/san-jose-giants-to-host-lennay-kekua-night-spark-mixed-reactions-on-twitter/#hwhLcEh24shRgJUj.99

Lol, I love minor league baseball. Stuff like this is going on all over the country.
Share 49ersWebzone