There are 220 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Also, on another note I'd rather throw more money at Josh Hamilton over less years than get stuck with Pagan for five.

Exactly what I have been arguing. I doubt Josh would do this, but I would take a 3/$75M for Hamilton (without thinking twice) over a 5/$60M for Pagan. No brainer in my eyes.

Of course. Anyone would but Hamilton is not going to accept the same amount of money that BJ Upton just got ( total amount). Hamilton is going to get a deal in the 125+ ( 5 at 25) as a minimum.

I agree, he's going to make bank. He would kill it in SF though and have a pretty decent chance at winning a World Series in the next three years with Posey/Panda protecting him in the lineup. Some people just care more about money than winning

would he really hit that well in our ballpark??

He's the only left-handed hitter I would trust to crush the ball in our park not named BLB.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Also, on another note I'd rather throw more money at Josh Hamilton over less years than get stuck with Pagan for five.

Exactly what I have been arguing. I doubt Josh would do this, but I would take a 3/$75M for Hamilton (without thinking twice) over a 5/$60M for Pagan. No brainer in my eyes.

Of course. Anyone would but Hamilton is not going to accept the same amount of money that BJ Upton just got ( total amount). Hamilton is going to get a deal in the 125+ ( 5 at 25) as a minimum.

I agree, he's going to make bank. He would kill it in SF though and have a pretty decent chance at winning a World Series in the next three years with Posey/Panda protecting him in the lineup. Some people just care more about money than winning

would he really hit that well in our ballpark??

He's the only left-handed hitter I would trust to crush the ball in our park not named BLB.

Yah, I think Hamilton could hit well anywhere. Now, can he stay healthy, sober and out of trouble for a full season...??? That would be my bigger concern in locking up JH for 5 years.

Brandon Lamar Belt?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Brandon Lamar Belt?

Boof Laurent Bonser.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Brandon Lamar Belt?

Boof Laurent Bonser.

lol Laurent is the only other L name you could think of?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Josh Hamilton in the Giants lineup makes me cream my pants.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i'll kick a puppy if Brian Wilson ends up on the Dodgers
Goddamnit, Span was traded for Alex Meyer (Nationals). Wonder if they'll trade Morse, I'd take him.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Nov 29, 2012 at 2:22 PM ]
Goddamnit, Span was traded for Alex Meyer (Nationals). Wonder if they'll trade Morse, I'd take him.

Sure. Morse would be great for us in LF. I just dont know who we could even deal for him. Anyway, he might be their regular 1B.

Sure. Morse would be great for us in LF. I just dont know who we could even deal for him. Anyway, he might be their regular 1B.

Depends on whether or not they sign LaRoche, will be expendable if they do with Harper/Werth in the OF.

Originally posted by Niners99:

Brandon Lamar Belt?

Boof Laurent Bonser.

I was trying to be creative.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Brandon Lamar Belt?

Boof Laurent Bonser.

I was trying to be creative.

Bartholomew Lucious Bonderman
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I think Ludwick could be a good option for LF...... he won't be too expensive.

What do you think Italian?
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:

ludwick is a giants killer. if he's on the team, he can't kill us!
Originally posted by Garcia:

Don't hate him on a one or two year deal.
Share 49ersWebzone