LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Braves beat writer said he heard Pagan is asking for 5 years at 11 million a year

There is not a chance in hell that I would give Angel Pagan 55 million dollars.

No thanks. I'll forever thank Angel for getting us a free taco in the WS but that is it.

You guys are fuggin harsh man.

Pagan may not be worth 11 million... but I think he should get 5-8 mil per year probably.
ideally 3 year deal but more likely 4.

im really curious how this is all going to play out... winter meetings coming up.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Braves beat writer said he heard Pagan is asking for 5 years at 11 million a year

No thanks. I'll forever thank Angel for getting us a free taco in the WS but that is it.

Pagan may not be worth 11 million... but I think he should get 5-8 mil per year probably.

im really curious how this is all going to play out... winter meetings coming up.

I think we'll be out of the Pagan sweepstakes. I'd just move Blanco to CF and look for a cheap LF who can hit with some power.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I think we'll be out of the Pagan sweepstakes. I'd just move Blanco to CF and look for a cheap LF who can hit with some power.

lol....

I agree. Contracts go up and up every year. Guys get money that they don't deserve. Not saying that Pagan is worth 11 mill a year, but he plays very well in our outfield and hits very well at our park. On top of that, he's a glue guy and our leadoff hitter. I still hope he comes back.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I agree. Contracts go up and up every year. Guys get money that they don't deserve. Not saying that Pagan is worth 11 mill a year, but he plays very well in our outfield and hits very well at our park. On top of that, he's a glue guy and our leadoff hitter. I still hope he comes back.

Same here, I want him to return as well. But SF won't fork over that kinda dough, learning from the Huff fiasco is still fresh in their minds. 8 mill max for 3-4 years, if he goes elsewhere for more money, so be it.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Nov 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:

it's ectoplasm bro.

lol....

Relative to what Pagan wants is what I'm saying.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

lol....

Im not so sure there are many, if at all, cheap power hitting LF'ers is what I'm saying.

Suggestions?
Braves guy also said that Victorino is looking for a 3 year 27 million deal

I could see Vicky at 3 years at 21. Still overpriced, but it's a sellers market.

lol....

Im not so sure there are many, if at all, cheap power hitting LF'ers is what I'm saying.

Suggestions?

Hairston, Johnson, Jones and Kearns would all be possible although not my first choice. I'd try to bring Cody back too but that probably won't happen.

Also, on another note I'd rather throw more money at Josh Hamilton over less years than get stuck with Pagan for five.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Nov 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM ]

lol....

Suggestions?

Hairston, Johnson, Jones and Kearns would all be possible although not my first choice. I'd try to bring Cody back too but that probably won't happen.

LOL at Pagan for 55M. Seriously, that is laughable. I would go with Victorino in CF at a MUCH cheaper deal and maybe Hairston in LF to platoon with Blanco. Not really interested in Austin Kearns or Andrew Jones. Probably a better way to go would be to trade prospects for an outfielder. Cody wants too much money it seems.
Also, on another note I'd rather throw more money at Josh Hamilton over less years than get stuck with Pagan for five.

Exactly what I have been arguing. I doubt Josh would do this, but I would take a 3/$75M for Hamilton (without thinking twice) over a 5/$60M for Pagan. No brainer in my eyes.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Exactly what I have been arguing. I doubt Josh would do this, but I would take a 3/$75M for Hamilton (without thinking twice) over a 5/$60M for Pagan. No brainer in my eyes.

Of course. Anyone would but Hamilton is not going to accept the same amount of money that BJ Upton just got ( total amount). Hamilton is going to get a deal in the 125+ ( 5 at 25) as a minimum.

Of course. Anyone would but Hamilton is not going to accept the same amount of money that BJ Upton just got ( total amount). Hamilton is going to get a deal in the 125+ ( 5 at 25) as a minimum.

I agree, he's going to make bank. He would kill it in SF though and have a pretty decent chance at winning a World Series in the next three years with Posey/Panda protecting him in the lineup. Some people just care more about money than winning

I agree, he's going to make bank. He would kill it in SF though and have a pretty decent chance at winning a World Series in the next three years with Posey/Panda protecting him in the lineup. Some people just care more about money than winning

would he really hit that well in our ballpark??
Share 49ersWebzone