LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Man, the Jays are going ALL IN for next year...

As i figured, the Giants had zero interest in bringing him back. Giants FO didnt seem like theyd be getting over that anytime soon. His agent probably got a quick "GTFO" message in response to "any interest in Melky going forward?"
Yep. There was no chance Melky was coming back. What surprises me is that he got 2 years and 16M. I guess it does pay to cheat sometimes.

Well when you factor in Toronto going balls out........I don't think many other teams if any would have given that much.
Sasha?

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by awol36:
Sasha?

Well she is from Sacramento.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Andrew Baggarly‏@CSNBaggs

Melky Cabrera is going to Toronto for two years and $16 million, according to ESPN Deportes.

That is a ridiculous amount of money. No way I would have paid him that much after what happened this year.
Given what has happened with the signings this year, I would not be surprised if the Giants offered Pagan something like 3/$36 with an option year. I would go for that...don't know if Pagan will.
Melky fled the country, finding a way to still stay in the MLB. Nice
Lol, Holliday is whining now about Cain hitting him with a pitch in Game 7 of the NLCS. Really?
Originally posted by dcsham:

Melky Cabrera is going to Toronto for two years and $16 million, according to ESPN Deportes.

That is a ridiculous amount of money. No way I would have paid him that much after what happened this year.

it really isnt that much in the baseball world if you think about it. torri hunter just got $26 mil
[ Edited by schmons on Nov 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by schmons:

it really isnt that much in the baseball world if you think about it. torri hunter just got $26 mil

Torii Hunter is a proven player year in and year out. Melky was a fringe player at best until 2010. I'm guessing that the roids didnt start last year. It is a stupid amount of money for a guy who there are a lot of question marks about. Will he revert back to a so so player without PEDs???
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by schmons:

Torii Hunter is a proven player year in and year out. Melky was a fringe player at best until 2010. I'm guessing that the roids didnt start last year. It is a stupid amount of money for a guy who there are a lot of question marks about. Will he revert back to a so so player without PEDs???

Agree with John on this. Melky had a great 1/2 season for the Giants. Would not be surprised if he doesn't PED again and get the 100 game suspension. I would have signed him back for $4 per max, or something like $7.5 for two. No way would I invest $16.

Like I said in my earlier post, I think Pagan will probably get $12 per. I would be willing to invest the $36 with an option year because I think he really fits out park. If he demanded 4/$48 without the option I would be hard pressed to say no based on the current market.

Bags reporting that the Giants are making Pagan a priority. Sounds like a lot of communication is going on...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-san-francisco-giants/giants-talk/Giants-focused-on-Pagan-as-Melky-Cabrera?blockID=802795&feedID=11046
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Toronto just bought the "Atlanta Brave Melky Cabrera"

16 mil
Originally posted by jrg:

16 mil

Terrible
Originally posted by YungBird:
Originally posted by jrg:

16 mil

Terrible

Blue Jays @ Giants June 4th/5th.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Was watching intentional talk today.

Word is that Ian Kinsler is willing to move positions because the rangers top prospect is a damn good 2nd baseman, maybe the best prospect in baseball.

You think they would be open to a deal?

I would trade Gary Brown and maybe some other prospects for this dude. and they pick up some of kinsler's 75 million contract
[ Edited by Garcia on Nov 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone