49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 548 users in the forums

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,996
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Trade up for perry jones?
i would. I think the bust potential is worth the risk at 20something

Yeah would love for them to trade up for him
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Trade up for perry jones?
i would. I think the bust potential is worth the risk at 20something

1) We don't have much ammunition to trade up.

2) Perry Jones is not worth trading up for.

1) We have enough
2) how so?
Sullinger's going to Boston, so so much for that.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Lol. The totally unenthusiastic reaction of draft war room says it all.

But it was a safe pick though. Safe pick



Should at least try to move up, I'd take a chance on Perry Jones too.
Love the Warriors 1st Round Pick.
Kids a stud.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
If this was 2 years ago, I'd probably be jumping through the roof. Back when Barnes was considered by everybody to be a franchise-saving caliber player.

But my feeling right now is more hopeful skepticism.

Obviously Barnes is talented. I just have a hard time getting excited about him given how underwhelming he was in college.

And yes, I would have rather taken Drummond at 7. I'm going to stick to that.

Dude, you guys got Harrison Barnes with the 7th pick. IMO, his basement is as a solid player, which is commensurate with the 7th pick. Even in the worst case scenario for him, barring injury of course, this was a good pick. That's WORST case scenario, IMO.

But LA, you and I have talked about this before, and you have to swing for the fences in the NBA draft. Do you think Barnes has it in him to be a homerun? What's his ceiling? Is it anywhere near as high as Drummond's? Because based on our previous talks, it would need to be for that position to be consistent.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by crzy:
Lol. The totally unenthusiastic reaction of draft war room says it all.

But it was a safe pick though. Safe pick




what did you expect them to do? they already know who they picked
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
holy s**t I forgot about Fab Melo

trade up for him please!

oh cool. the Celtics just picked him
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 28, 2012 at 6:40 PM ]
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
But LA, you and I have talked about this before, and you have to swing for the fences in the NBA draft. Do you think Barnes has it in him to be a homerun? What's his ceiling? Is it anywhere near as high as Drummond's? Because based on our previous talks, it would need to be for that position to be consistent.

Yes, I do. I've been jocking him for quite some time.

I don't think his ceiling is as high as Drummond's, but no one's is, but I think Barnes' basement is much higher and on the high end I believe he has all-star potential.
Whelp there goes that idea too.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
But LA, you and I have talked about this before, and you have to swing for the fences in the NBA draft. Do you think Barnes has it in him to be a homerun? What's his ceiling? Is it anywhere near as high as Drummond's? Because based on our previous talks, it would need to be for that position to be consistent.

Yes, I do. I've been jocking him for quite some time.

I don't think his ceiling is as high as Drummond's, but no one's is, but I think Barnes' basement is much higher and on the high end I believe he has all-star potential.

You certainly have been consistent in your praise of him and his work ethic.

But with a lack of outstanding athleticism, what is his ceiling? Can you think of a comparable?

Would you say you weight ceiling vs. floor when making a pick? Because if you go for the biggest franchise changer possible, it would have had to be Drummond.

I trust Jerry West sees something in Barnes though. How can you be hailed so much out of high school and then be nothing?
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
You certainly have been consistent in your praise of him and his work ethic.

But with a lack of outstanding athleticism, what is his ceiling? Can you think of a comparable?

Would you say you weight ceiling vs. floor when making a pick? Because if you go for the biggest franchise changer possible, it would have had to be Drummond.

I trust Jerry West sees something in Barnes though. How can you be hailed so much out of high school and then be nothing?
Harrison Barnes
One of the best players in the NCAA. Had injury problems but he was a preseason all-american as a freshman (ie, before he even played)

So that says a lot about this kid.
Love the pick, HOME RUN. Just what we needed.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM ]
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 807
Time to trade up and grab Perry Jones! We won't sign all three of the remaining picks anyways.
Originally posted by Dapro:
Time to trade up and grab Perry Jones! We won't sign all three of the remaining picks anyways.

Yeah, worth a shot at the very least unless they somehow think he drops to 30 or don't want him at all.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone