There are 227 users in the forums

Is D.Jeter the greatest Yankee of all time?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Vernon85:
Originally posted by valrod33:
No
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
No

no, no, no, no...No, No, NO, NO

But seriously, no, and it's not even close
No
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
You've got to be s**tting me.

And I love Jeter.

But seriously, come on.
Originally posted by aman49:
No
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by aman49:
No
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Thread starter should slap themselves for even asking this question.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio, Berra, Ford, Jackson, Etc.

This thread is the best example of how overrrated Derek Jeter really is. The fact that anyone would ask this question amazes me.

How does it make Jeter over-rated? Kind of a crazy question but it just depends on what you place value on. If he became the all-time hits leader could he be considered? I have a feeling everyone would still say no because they hate him too much.
Originally posted by andes14:
Good god no. I don't think there'd be a single team he'd be the best player of all time for (except maybe like the Expos and Rays who have barely been around...and even then, someone like Vladimir Guerrero is largely ignored just because he never played on those great teams like Jeter did), let alone the YANKEES.

Come on. I can't even take this seriously. Padres. Expos. Rays. Toronto. KC. Rockies. Arizona. etc.. Sorry and many more without even looking at it.
All-star for most of his career. 300+ career Avg. 3000 hit club. Shortstop and Captain for the hardest team to play for. Cool if you just hate him but don't be silly.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Good god no. I don't think there'd be a single team he'd be the best player of all time for (except maybe like the Expos and Rays who have barely been around...and even then, someone like Vladimir Guerrero is largely ignored just because he never played on those great teams like Jeter did), let alone the YANKEES.

Come on. I can't even take this seriously. Padres. Expos. Rays. Toronto. KC. Rockies. Arizona. etc.. Sorry and many more without even looking at it.
All-star for most of his career. 300+ career Avg. 3000 hit club. Shortstop and Captain for the hardest team to play for. Cool if you just hate him but don't be silly.

Tony Gwynn >> Derek Jeter

But the other teams have just been terrible forever or havent been alive long enough.

I get your point though

But the other teams have just been terrible forever or havent been alive long enough.

I get your point though

KC- George Brett...Rockies- Larry Walker and Todd Helton (and Troy Tulowitzki is well on his way)....Arizona- Randy Johnson....Blue Jays- Carlos Delgado....the one legit one is the Rays, and that's because they've barely been around (the only other teams you can even make an argument for also haven't been around very long)

I get your point though

KC- George Brett...Rockies- Larry Walker and Todd Helton (and Troy Tulowitzki is well on his way)....Arizona- Randy Johnson....Blue Jays- Carlos Delgado....the one legit one is the Rays, and that's because they've barely been around (the only other teams you can even make an argument for also haven't been around very long)

I agree with all of them except Larry Walker and Delgado. Helton is arguable. Theyre great players but I think Jeter was better.

Tulowitzki can be great but hes only been in the league for 5 years
Originally posted by Niners99:
Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio, Berra, Ford, Jackson, Etc.

This thread is the best example of how overrrated Derek Jeter really is. The fact that anyone would ask this question amazes me.

How does it make Jeter over-rated? Kind of a crazy question but it just depends on what you place value on. If he became the all-time hits leader could he be considered? I have a feeling everyone would still say no because they hate him too much.

"is derek jeter the greatest Yankee of all time?" is the thread title....

do you not know who else has played for the Yankees? how can you not get why this makes Jeter sound overrated?

I get your point though

I agree with all of them except Larry Walker and Delgado. Helton is arguable. Theyre great players but I think Jeter was better.

Blue Jays have Roberto Alomar.

I get your point though

Larry Walker dominated way more than Jeter ever has. His '97 was arguably one of the top-3 single seasons ever, and Helton's '00-'01 was one of the very best 2 year stretches as well. Delgado had like 5 or 6 years in Toronto that were better than any year Jeter's ever had.
Share 49ersWebzone