LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Is D.Jeter the greatest Yankee of all time?

5 WS rings. 12 time all-star. only Yankee with 3000 hits.....so do you think he is?
Originally posted by FreddyG:
5 WS rings. 12 time all-star. only Yankee with 3000 hits.....so do you think he is?

Don't think he is and i'm a yankee fan. I heard a good arguement for him to be considered but it was more like if there was a mount rushmore of the top 4 yankees, would he be on that. I would have to look at the stats but on initial instinct i would say yes.
No
Originally posted by valrod33:
No

This guy is the greatest Yankee of all time.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Vernon85:
Originally posted by valrod33:
No
no.

Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle are all iconic figures ahead of him.
Good god no. I don't think there'd be a single team he'd be the best player of all time for (except maybe like the Expos and Rays who have barely been around...and even then, someone like Vladimir Guerrero is largely ignored just because he never played on those great teams like Jeter did), let alone the YANKEES.
no

/thread
Originally posted by Vernon85:

This guy is the greatest Yankee of all time.

Eleanor Roosevelt did have a mean swing.

I'd also put DiMaggio far (yes "far") above Jeter.

DiMaggio was a 3-time MVP winner and 13-time All-Star (the only player to be selected for the All-Star Game in every season he played). In his thirteen year career, the Yankees won ten pennants and nine world championships. Plus, Joe D gave up a four prime years to serve in the Armed Forces. Also, he's from the Bay Area , and Italian and bagged Marilyn Monroe in her prime.

Batting av
JoeD .325
DJ .313

HRs
JoeD 361
DJ 237

Hits
DJ 3,003
JoeD 2,214

RBIs
JoeD 1,537
DJ 1,159
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Jul 10, 2011 at 11:48 AM ]

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
no.

Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle are all iconic figures ahead of him.
Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio, Berra, Ford, Jackson, Etc.

This thread is the best example of how overrrated Derek Jeter really is. The fact that anyone would ask this question amazes me.
Originally posted by andes14:
Good god no. I don't think there'd be a single team he'd be the best player of all time for (except maybe like the Expos and Rays who have barely been around...and even then, someone like Vladimir Guerrero is largely ignored just because he never played on those great teams like Jeter did), let alone the YANKEES.

expos had many great players, pedro martinez, larry walker, dennis martinez, gary carter, tim raines, hell even randy johnson started there
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by andes14:

expos had many great players, pedro martinez, larry walker, dennis martinez, gary carter, tim raines, hell even randy johnson started there

Does Randy count as a Yankee then? I assume it means your prime has to come with that team...
Originally posted by Niners99:
Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio, Berra, Ford, Jackson, Etc.

This thread is the best example of how overrrated Derek Jeter really is. The fact that anyone would ask this question amazes me.

calm down....I was just curious what baseball fans thought.
Share 49ersWebzone