LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Where would you want your son to play?

If you could have your son coached by anyone in college football who would it be and why?
Bill Self at KU, f**k college football
USC Fight On!
Coach K or Tom Izzo. Both teach basketball and life lessons.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Coach K doesn't coach football, but maybe he'd make an exception for your son.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Coach K doesn't coach football, but maybe he'd make an exception for your son.

Whoops. My bad. I didn't read the entire post.

My son plays basketball for the city leagues and that's why I thought of basketball.
Speaking of basketball it's too bad there aren't many coaches like John Wooden. That's the type of coach I'd send my son to (if I had one). To me there definatly has to be a balance beetween the mans success and integrity.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Anywhere someone else was paying for his school.
Really it would totally depend on what position he played and his asperations. Also the sport, I'll use football: If he had pro potential, go somewhere with a good track record for his skill set, ie I'd send a defensive guy to Muschamp in Fla or Saban. If I just wanted a good role model to aid his development as a person, I'd avoid Saban and especially Kiffen at USC, send him to JoePa or Mack Brown, a father figure type.
I hope to have this problem in 16 years.
You know who I thought was a bit cold at first and now have a different outlook on is Gene Chizik from Auburn. Here's good story on him and how he named his son after a player who died.

http://www.pigskinu.com/justsayin/2011/01/chiziks-emotional-football-connection/
Football- University of Miami

Baskeball - UNC or Duke

Baseball - Texas

Joe Pa, but he'd be dead by then.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Joe Pa, but he'd be dead by then.

with you on that. i want my youg'n to learn ole school football values
$Auburn
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Alabama, because if he had any talent Saban would maximize his opportunity to eventually play on Sunday's.
Share 49ersWebzone