LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

Chicago Bulls 2010-2011 Thread

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by hklar17:
He is also the primary scorer and at times no one else has the balls to do anything so Rose does what he has to do. Also one of the main reasons he is the heavy favorite is b/c of our record and the injuries we have had w/ Noah & Boozer, yet Rose has continued to lead this team and keep WINNING!

Pretty Awesome we got 50 wins. These last 13 games are gonna be fun to watch and see what we seed we end up with.

He's been phenomenal this year, and has definitely taken "the leap". However, I think that the main reason for the Bulls' success this year has been the team defense, led by Tom Thibodeau. How that dude never landed a coaching gig before this year is beyond me.

As phenomenal as Rose is, the Bulls' offense hasn't been bad, but it hasn't been great either. Chicago's scoring 107.7 points per 100 possessions, which is 13th in the league. I believe this is the main responsibility of a team's best offensive player, and it's not the result of Rose not having enough talent around him. Both Kobe Bryant & LeBron James were leading their teams to Top 7-8 finishes in this category even when they were surrounded by offensively challenged teammates.

However, the Bulls are #1 in the league in defense, surrendering just 99.9 points per 100, a phenomenal number. So I think Rose's MVP campaign is benefiting from the wins that result from Chicago's tremendous defense as opposed to his own offensive prowess. (which is still top notch)

Personally, I think Howard's the MVP by a significant margin. He's still maintained his DPOY level of play from previous seasons, and is now a legitimate, productive #1 option in the post. He's the only thing that holds that team together on both ends.

But Rose is gonna win. He's gotten too much love from the media not to.

He'll win it because Michael Jordan gave him a nice reference. I'm sure there are voters who will base their vote only on MJ's comments.

I don't disagree with much of what you have to say, I mainly disagree with your point about Howard being MVP by a significant margin. Its really between Rose and Howard, but the margin between the two is slim either way. You could the make the same case for Rose, as Rose goes so does the rest of the team. No doubt Thibs took this team to that other level, but its Rose's belief in the system and hard work and humbleness that has his teammates following his lead. I really wouldn't be mad if Howard wins it, I would actually applaud him for it because I feel like the big man position has been underappreciated.
All in all, I'm proud that my Bulls are legit again and have finally landed a superstar of their own. MJ and company left an emptiness to the franchise with brief glimpses of relevance in the mold of the "Baby Bulls" (Curry, Chandler, Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Noah and even Tyrus "shoulda been LaMarcu Aldridge" Thomas)
. All it took was a bounce of the ball to land DRose, and the hiring of a well respected assistant coach in Tom Thibedeau to finally get back to relevancy.
watson is killing it.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Man the Bulls are ROLLIN!!
Originally posted by Tman:
Man the Bulls are ROLLIN!!

He'll yeah, a little bummed they didn't win by 40 again but oh well
Go BULLS!!
i heart this team.
Sorry guys been away for a while. I just sat back and watched the Rose blossom if you know what I mean. No one including myself would have predicted that we would be holding the #1 spot in the East and #2 overall record in the league at this point. But it's because of one man.

Laker fans are hating that we have the MVP on our team. If Steve Nash can beat out Kobe for the MVP how the hell can Rose not win it this year?
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Sorry guys been away for a while. I just sat back and watched the Rose blossom if you know what I mean. No one including myself would have predicted that we would be holding the #1 spot in the East and #2 overall record in the league at this point. But it's because of one man.

Laker fans are hating that we have the MVP on our team. If Steve Nash can beat out Kobe for the MVP how the hell can Rose not win it this year?

Yeah, I'm so pissed off that people think that Derrick Rose is the MVP that I'm advocating for Dwight Howard because I like Kobe.

Yeah, I'm so pissed off that people think that Derrick Rose is the MVP that I'm advocating for Dwight Howard because I like Kobe.

the truth FINALLY comes out
Originally posted by valrod33:

the truth FINALLY comes out

Bulls are my 1st vote for Eastern teams I want to win the Finals not named the Lakers.

My 2nd in the West is OKC.

Sounds right to me

What Laker fans? We've learned over the years that only one MVP trophy really matters: the one awarded at the end of the finals. But I'm happy for Rose and the Bulls. They were spurned by a lot of the big free agents last summer and they're doing better than all of them. But you have to agree that Howard deserves some consideration as well. He's playing with a host of washed up scrub and is the sole reason Orlando is a formidable team. The second best player is Jameer Nelson, who had one good year two years ago. Yikes
Whew that was a big win against the Grizzlies tonight. Tony Allen was pretty damn annoying all game but in the end Derrick Rose showed him who runs Chicago
It was kind of a sloppy game for Rose, but he stepped up when needed. Gotta keep this thing rollin as the Celtics continue to stumble. Gotta do whatever it takes to hold onto that #1 seed.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
30 and 17 from Rose tonight in a come from behind win.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
lets see if los bulls can get this comeback!
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:
lets see if los bulls can get this comeback!

Share 49ersWebzone