Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

Boxers train for 12 rounds

MMA......3

GSP would have him tapping within minutes.

And GSP trains for 5 5-minute rounds... speculation is speculation, but let's try to keep the facts straight.

Look you blindass homer lol

GSP can't box for sh*t.

Get someone with real boxing skill and .....down goes your oiled up boy.

Blindass homer? Really?

I'm well aware of GSP's loss to Matt Serra. GSP is not a premiere striker on the feet. He's since switched up his strategy, and hasn't lost since. He's become much more a ground and pounder, and his ability to take fights to the ground are maybe the best in MMA. GSP would have little problem taking Pacquiao to the ground, holding him there, and then either pounding him out or slapping on an armbar and snapping it like a twig.

Is it possible Manny catches him with a shot? Yeah, but it's much more likely GSP takes him to the ground before that happens.

Ok Ms. Cleo what are the Lotto Numbers for tomorrow night? and will the 49ers cover 3 on sunday?

You tell me, since you were able to predict a boxer would win 10 out of 10 times in a "real street fight"

... and let's continue to disregard the youtube videos posted here showing kickboxers completely dominating the boxers in sanctioned matches.

A.Silva vs a chump boxer=

49ers vs the Rams

And the other videos? Boxers were getting chopped down with leg kicks they had no idea how to defend.

Those looked completely rigged

that just goes to show you that boxers have absolutely no idea how to defend against anything other than punches above the waist, basically complete noobs like you and me

ffwd 4 minutes into this vid, more hilarity

Frans Botha defeated K-1 legends Jerome Le Banner and Peter Aertes. Not that he had a great career but to pretend that boxers can't compete with these guys is just ridiculous.

You guys always bring up the same guy to make your point. It's the 42 year old boxer whose 35 pounds overweight and looks like he hasn't trained for a fight in the past 15 years. It's pretty obvious guys like Toney and Mercer just show to collect a paycheck.
Botha was a good find, because he participated in 15 K1 fights, and it's pretty clear watching some of his vids that he took it seriously and did train to defend against kicks (unlike Mercer or Berbick, watch how they react to getting kicked lmao), which is proven by the fact that he took most of his fights to a decision...nonetheless he only finished with a 4-11 record.

As for the two notable wins which you cited, it seems LeBanner's corner threw in the towel in between rounds because of an injury, so not exactly a conventional win, but I'm willing to credit him since he did fight LeBanner to a 3 round draw up to that point.

However for the Aerts fight, ffwd 2:40 in and you'll see that Aerts simply suffered a freak injury

Botha's only MMA fight vs Akiyama, who fights at 185 now in the UFC...remind you of Couture vs Toney? Neither boxer even gets off a standing punch before getting taken down to the ground.

Originally posted by znk916:
Botha was a good find, because he participated in 15 K1 fights, and it's pretty clear watching some of his vids that he took it seriously and did train to defend against kicks (unlike Mercer or Berbick, watch how they react to getting kicked lmao), which is proven by the fact that he took most of his fights to a decision...nonetheless he only finished with a 4-11 record.

As for the two notable wins which you cited, it seems LeBanner's corner threw in the towel in between rounds because of an injury, so not exactly a conventional win, but I'm willing to credit him since he did fight LeBanner to a 3 round draw up to that point.

However for the Aerts fight, ffwd 2:40 in and you'll see that Aerts simply suffered a freak injury

Botha's only MMA fight vs Akiyama, who fights at 185 now in the UFC...remind you of Couture vs Toney? Neither boxer even gets off a standing punch before getting taken down to the ground.

At least he got some kicks in lying there on his back.
Since you mentioned the kicking while lying on your back thing, it reminded me of something...here's a very nicely researched article about one of the original MMA fights

Ali vs Inoki

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/nov/11/the-forgotten-story-of-ali-inoki

of course they didn't actually fight under MMA rules...

Quote:
in the days leading up to the fight the camps of Ali and Inoki began to renegotiate the rules. All of a sudden, a list of restrictions was imposed on Inoki. He would not be allowed to throw Ali, or tackle him, and could not land any kicks unless he had one knee in contact with the mat.

which is pretty much why Inoki ended up spending the entire fight on his back playing footsie...think about it, if you are fighting the greatest boxer ever, why even stand up against him and let him get into range to throw a single punch?
[ Edited by znk916 on Sep 8, 2010 at 8:21 AM ]
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

Boxers train for 12 3-minute rounds where they stand, throw hands, and use a lot of footwork.

MMA fighters train for 5 5-minute rounds despite fighting for a belt or not where they train standing and on the ground. I don't know if you ever wrestled or done jui jitsu before, Starks, but fighting on the ground is tiring.

MMA fighters are as well trained as boxers are.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

That's as credible as me saying Anderson Silva would KO every middle weight in boxing.

LOL Old ass B-Hop would rock Silvas World. Silva has dodged a Boxing Fight with Old Man Roy Jones Jr. for like 3 years. MMA is Gay.

Get your facts straight. Silva has announced publicly about fighting Jones in a boxing match but both Jones and Dana White refused to have it happen.

I don't know where you get off saying s**t like this when they aren't true. Your "facts" in MMA not growing is false and you have yet to prove me wrong with any significant link saying their numbers have gone down.

Serves me right for arguing with a Dodger fan.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Sep 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It is really kind of hard to gauge what would happen, based on prior results. The few boxers that have crossed over were mostly has beens looking for a payday and weren't in the best of shape. Anyone who has boxed, kick boxed or wrestled knows how physically demanding they are. Come in out of shape and you could be out of gas 90 seconds into a cage fight, and remember "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." Translation if your tired, most people would want no part of a 85 year old woman swinging a purse.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

That's as credible as me saying Anderson Silva would KO every middle weight in boxing.

LOL Old ass B-Hop would rock Silvas World. Silva has dodged a Boxing Fight with Old Man Roy Jones Jr. for like 3 years. MMA is Gay.

Get your facts straight. Silva has announced publicly about fighting Jones in a boxing match but both Jones and Dana White refused to have it happen.

I don't know where you get off saying s**t like this when they aren't true. Your "facts" in MMA not growing is false and you have yet to prove me wrong with any significant link saying their numbers have gone down.

Not saying you're wrong, but when did Jones back up out of the fight? From what I read he wanted it.
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

For real. He throws out wild claims, can't back them up, then reverts to insults when evidence is presented which counteracts his stance.

It's pretty clear who's acting like the real fan boy here.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Sep 8, 2010 at 9:00 AM ]

Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

For real. He throws out wild claims, can't back them up, then reverts to insults when evidence is presented which counteracts his stance.

You want links here is one
Link
Please provide me a link where Roy Jones backed out of fighting Silva. Pretty Please.
MMA Fan Boys are a joke just like the sport. Sixth you are embarassing yourself
Originally posted by znk916:
Since you mentioned the kicking while lying on your back thing, it reminded me of something...here's a very nicely researched article about one of the original MMA fights

Ali vs Inoki

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/nov/11/the-forgotten-story-of-ali-inoki

of course they didn't actually fight under MMA rules...

Quote:
in the days leading up to the fight the camps of Ali and Inoki began to renegotiate the rules. All of a sudden, a list of restrictions was imposed on Inoki. He would not be allowed to throw Ali, or tackle him, and could not land any kicks unless he had one knee in contact with the mat.

which is pretty much why Inoki ended up spending the entire fight on his back playing footsie...think about it, if you are fighting the greatest boxer ever, why even stand up against him and let him get into range to throw a single punch?

I can't believe Ali made 6 million dollars for that. He should have just took the @ss kicking and let the fans go home happy. I feel bad for the people who paid to watch that.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM ]
The only reason UFC is big is because the white skinheads are running the show...for now.

Blacks, Latinos and Philipinos watch and are in boxing main eventers.

The main eventers for MMA are skinheaded white guys...just like the audience.

I'm just quoting , of course.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

Link
Please provide me a link where Roy Jones backed out of fighting Silva. Pretty Please.

Seriously whats with the insults, IMO, those aren't warnable offenses but c'mon man stick to the point of the thread.
Pacquio vs GSP

GSP would lose

MMA......3

Link

LOL you used ONE PPV card as your proof?! How about looking at all the other UFC cards that did well. When UFC made a comeback at UFC 40, they came up with 150,000 pay per view buys and sold out the MGM Grand Arena in Vegas. That was huge considering they were on the brink of bankruptcy. UFC 52, which took place after the first season of Ultimate Fighter, blew away UFC 40's numbers with 300,000 ppv buys. UFC 57, 410,000 ppv buys. PPV buys continued to skyrocket. In 2007, the UFC broke the ppv industry all time record for a single year of business by generating over $222 million in revenue surpassing WWE and boxing. Now, events like UFC 100 surpassed 1 million ppv buys.

It all depends on the cards of the fights and with significant injuries to the fighters the beginning of the year, of course some cards aren't going to do well.
Share 49ersWebzone