There are 202 users in the forums

2011 - 2012 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Ford thinks Pritchard waiting for W's or Knicks job

Originally posted by teeohh:

I'm with it...i really want Jerry West as an Advisor though
Why isnt Ellison's purchase of the Warriors being reported by ESPN or any of the sites? Do we know for sure this is a done deal???
#From what I hear we're talking about "agreement in principle."
about 4 hours ago via API

# Source said things are close but possible doesn't get done today. Also couldn't confirm Ellison thinks it likely is like everyone else.
about 4 hours ago via API

# Every indication Is Larry Ellison will be Warriors new owner along with existing minority group, but have been unable to officially confirm
about 6 hours ago via API

All from Matt Steinmetz twitter...we will probably hear official news tomorrow about an agreement in principle.
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Originally posted by teeohh:

I'm with it...i really want Jerry West as an Advisor though

I like pritchard he was pretty good in Portland. As long as it is not Dunleavy I'll be fine.
Originally posted by NickV:
Can I jump on the bandwagon? I never really followed basketball before and I figure now is a good time.

Jump on my man, this is the perfect time! Nothing like a game at the Oracle either.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by NickV:
Can I jump on the bandwagon? I never really followed basketball before and I figure now is a good time.

Jump on my man, this is the perfect time! Nothing like a game at the Oracle either.

Games at Oracle are so fun to be at. The crowd is so energetic
I went last year vs. the Celtics when we beat them and Monta lit them up. It was awesome
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Though I'm excited, I'll have to wait to see how LE will run the team. He has a reputation of micro-managing like crazy and has also been accused of being cheap and an ego-maniac by ppl in his company.

But, a millions better than what we had to live with last several years.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
f**k, this should have been finalized, but a late bid has come in

Quote:
In an unexpected twist, another potential owner has entered the mix. According to one source, Joseph Lacob, a part owner of the Boston Celtics and a managing partner in the venture captial firm of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers of Menlo Park, is in the running.

Doesn't matter, as long as Mastrov, Cohan 2.0, is out of the picture
[ Edited by crzy on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:13 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Quote:
In an unexpected twist, another potential owner has entered the mix. According to one source, Joseph Lacob, a part owner of the Boston Celtics and a managing partner in the venture captial firm of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers of Menlo Park, is in the running.

Do we know anythin' more about Joseph Lacob?

Quote:

LE is going to buy this team and everyone knows it. Owning a professional franchise is an exclusive club that even most of the rich don't attain...not to mention the one in your backyard. He will finalize this deal soon enough. Everything else = bargaining tactics
"On the same day George Steinbrenner leaves the sports world, we find Larry Ellison ready to enter.

The Warriors and their serially abused fans have to hope a torch is being passed.

And that Steinbrenner's passion and pocketbook, if not his tempestuous nature, will drift from New York to the Bay Area and crystallize in the form of a new era and spirit of Warriors basketball."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_15509194

I'm soooo ready
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
"On the same day George Steinbrenner leaves the sports world, we find Larry Ellison ready to enter.

The Warriors and their serially abused fans have to hope a torch is being passed.

And that Steinbrenner's passion and pocketbook, if not his tempestuous nature, will drift from New York to the Bay Area and crystallize in the form of a new era and spirit of Warriors basketball."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_15509194

I'm soooo ready

Quote:

Cohan is probably pissing his pants. Its gonna bring the price up even higher.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol Warriors fans are hoping Fitz gets fired.

Warriors fans need to realize that we could do a lot worse than Bob Fitzgerald.

Think: Grant Napier, or the Blazers announcers *shudder*
Share 49ersWebzone