49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 783 users in the forums

***Orlando Magic Offseason Thread***

  • SLICK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,197
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
^Yeah, the defense in the first half looked like the '08 Celtics. A total clinic in defensive rotations, helping and then closing out on the 3 point line.

I want us to play you guys so badly in the Finals.

I'm starting to want that too. 2 weeks ago, I wanted no part. But as Boston continues to play at a high level, I'm thinking that we can match up with you guys enough to gut out a 7 game series.

It would be a fascinating series. Bynum's health would go a long way, as your bigs pushed our bigs around in '08. More importantly though, we've gone from Luke Walton/Vladimir Radmanovic guarding Paul Pierce to Ron Artest...who was put on this planet to guard guys like Pierce & Melo. Anyway...totally getting ahead of myself here. We gotta get by Phoenix and then I can at the possibility if we do.

Yeah Artest is definitely a factor. My guess is that then Kobe plays Rondo?? It leaves Ray Allen free. Perk/KG vs. Bynum/Gasol would be tight. I think it comes down to Kobe...he's the best player on the floor. In 08 the C's did an unreal job on him...not sure if they could as good a job again. Either way it's premature....Orlando is awesome and I don't wanna sell them short right now.

You guys can put Posey on Kobe... oh wait.

LOL. Yeah. Posey the sole reason why the Celtics beat the Lakers in the Finals. Who"s Tony Allen anyways????
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
^Yeah, the defense in the first half looked like the '08 Celtics. A total clinic in defensive rotations, helping and then closing out on the 3 point line.

I want us to play you guys so badly in the Finals.

I'm starting to want that too. 2 weeks ago, I wanted no part. But as Boston continues to play at a high level, I'm thinking that we can match up with you guys enough to gut out a 7 game series.

It would be a fascinating series. Bynum's health would go a long way, as your bigs pushed our bigs around in '08. More importantly though, we've gone from Luke Walton/Vladimir Radmanovic guarding Paul Pierce to Ron Artest...who was put on this planet to guard guys like Pierce & Melo. Anyway...totally getting ahead of myself here. We gotta get by Phoenix and then I can at the possibility if we do.

Yeah Artest is definitely a factor. My guess is that then Kobe plays Rondo?? It leaves Ray Allen free. Perk/KG vs. Bynum/Gasol would be tight. I think it comes down to Kobe...he's the best player on the floor. In 08 the C's did an unreal job on him...not sure if they could as good a job again. Either way it's premature....Orlando is awesome and I don't wanna sell them short right now.

I'd be shocked if Kobe didn't play Rondo. He's never been all that good at chasing guys around screens, and you don't really want your best offensive player doing that anyway. Kobe did a very effective job on Rondo two years ago, and did the same against Westbrook in the first round. It's a good defensive match up for him. Rondo's obviously a better player than he was in '08, but you guys are also a lot more reliant on him.

I trust Artest to contain Pierce, Kobe on Rondo, and don't think that KG's a go to guy in the post anymore (when not guarded by undersized PFs like Jamison & Lewis), so the one guy that concerns me is Ray Allen. We don't have an answer for him.

As far as Tony Allen goes, he's a very good young defender, and he's definitely taken Posey's role over. However, Posey was a wily vet, whereas Allen is prone to some headscratchers. I'd like to THINK that Kobe can get some buckets by outsmarting Allen. He's a different animal than LeBron.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
^Yeah, the defense in the first half looked like the '08 Celtics. A total clinic in defensive rotations, helping and then closing out on the 3 point line.

I want us to play you guys so badly in the Finals.

I'm starting to want that too. 2 weeks ago, I wanted no part. But as Boston continues to play at a high level, I'm thinking that we can match up with you guys enough to gut out a 7 game series.

It would be a fascinating series. Bynum's health would go a long way, as your bigs pushed our bigs around in '08. More importantly though, we've gone from Luke Walton/Vladimir Radmanovic guarding Paul Pierce to Ron Artest...who was put on this planet to guard guys like Pierce & Melo. Anyway...totally getting ahead of myself here. We gotta get by Phoenix and then I can at the possibility if we do.

Yeah Artest is definitely a factor. My guess is that then Kobe plays Rondo?? It leaves Ray Allen free. Perk/KG vs. Bynum/Gasol would be tight. I think it comes down to Kobe...he's the best player on the floor. In 08 the C's did an unreal job on him...not sure if they could as good a job again. Either way it's premature....Orlando is awesome and I don't wanna sell them short right now.

I'd be shocked if Kobe didn't play Rondo. He's never been all that good at chasing guys around screens, and you don't really want your best offensive player doing that anyway. Kobe did a very effective job on Rondo two years ago, and did the same against Westbrook in the first round. It's a good defensive match up for him. Rondo's obviously a better player than he was in '08, but you guys are also a lot more reliant on him.

I trust Artest to contain Pierce, Kobe on Rondo, and don't think that KG's a go to guy in the post anymore (when not guarded by undersized PFs like Jamison & Lewis), so the one guy that concerns me is Ray Allen. We don't have an answer for him.

As far as Tony Allen goes, he's a very good young defender, and he's definitely taken Posey's role over. However, Posey was a wily vet, whereas Allen is prone to some headscratchers. I'd like to THINK that Kobe can get some buckets by outsmarting Allen. He's a different animal than LeBron.

Rondo still can't hit a jumper with any consistency and Kobe figured that out last time and would sag 5 feet off of Ronda negating his speed.
LMAO at this thread becoming the Lakers vs Celtics thread after 1 game.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
LMAO at this thread becoming the Lakers vs Celtics thread after 1 game.

LOL. And before Game 1 of the WCFs. My bad.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
LMAO at this thread becoming the Lakers vs Celtics thread after 1 game.

Seriously, Jesus Christ..thank you Stoney.

This was ONE GAME.

Most people had this series going to 6-7 games anyway.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
LMAO at this thread becoming the Lakers vs Celtics thread after 1 game.

Seriously, Jesus Christ..thank you Stoney.

This was ONE GAME.

Most people had this series going to 6-7 games anyway.

Well to be fair even Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson were talking about how when the C's were up over Orlando 18-20 or so that the C's would be the favorites over LA. Well at least f**k Jamal Mashf**k though stating we would get swept and destroyed.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
LMAO at this thread becoming the Lakers vs Celtics thread after 1 game.

Seriously, Jesus Christ..thank you Stoney.

This was ONE GAME.

Most people had this series going to 6-7 games anyway.

Well to be fair even Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson were talking about how when the C's were up over Orlando 18-20 or so that the C's would be the favorites over LA. Well at least f**k Jamal Mashf**k though stating we would get swept and destroyed.

Yes and those SAME analysts were writing off Boston earlier in the season when they couldn't win a game.

Yeah, Mashburn said Orlando would sweep and embarrass Boston..so I guess the Celtics showed him.

Regardless, this series is FAR from over. Orlando got hit in the mouth game one.

Now, its their move.
That's the only thing about a three point shooting team: droughts.

I would say the old, "It's only one game" but it's one game in YOUR house. Now you have to win two consecutive games with one of them being on the road.

Boston has already lost at home and won a series. ORL hasn't really faced any real team that has solid playoff experience deep in the playoffs.

I still believe Boston has the advantage at every position except for Center. Even then Perkins is a solid on ball defender and Rasheed has his veteranness as it is.
boston got the next game, bet a beer on it
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,197
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
LMAO at this thread becoming the Lakers vs Celtics thread after 1 game.

LOL....Hillarious!!!!!!!!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
Orlando will win the next game by 10+
Originally posted by jrg:
Orlando will win the next game by 10+

not if your retard coach keeps Lewis in for 40+ min
This looks way too funny

Originally posted by SF69ers:
This looks way too funny


Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone