LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

The 2010 South Africa World Cup thread

Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
The top feared striker partnerships going into the worldcup as voted by FIFA.com

1. David Villa & Fernando Torres (spain)
2. Lionel Messi & Gonzalo Higuain (argentina)
3. Humberto Suazo & Alexis Sanchez (chile)
4. Robinho & Luis Fabiano (Brazil)
5. Diego Forlan & Luis Suarez (Uruguay)
6. Carlos Vela & Javier Hernandez (Mexico)

link

This poll was voted on by the fans. I like Chicharito a lot but he only has like 4 caps vs weak opponents. Vela & Chicharito shouldn't be up there with those others. But Mexico has a strong fan base which is why they were voted #6. Kind of like Yao Ming making the All-Star game every year.

bring the hate.

it's not hate, it's a valid point on both counts:

chicharrito playing vs weak opponents

polls is voted on by fans (see: mcgrady, iverson being voted as allstars in the nba this season)

obviously hollywood is an advocate hater towards Mexico, but he's kinda right on this one, although I'd love to see the kid prove him wrong
Originally posted by vrabbit:
The top feared striker partnerships going into the worldcup as voted by FIFA.com

link

This poll was voted on by the fans. I like Chicharito a lot but he only has like 4 caps vs weak opponents. Vela & Chicharito shouldn't be up there with those others. But Mexico has a strong fan base which is why they were voted #6. Kind of like Yao Ming making the All-Star game every year.

bring the hate.

polls is voted on by fans (see: mcgrady, iverson being voted as allstars in the nba this season)

obviously hollywood is an advocate hater towards Mexico, but he's kinda right on this one, although I'd love to see the kid prove him wrong

Me too, I like Chicharito, I'm a chivas fan.

link

bring the hate.

yeah its a fan poll, but anytime he sees the name mexico in a soccer thread hes on the ball when it comes to hater comments. Notice the op, it said as voted by. no s**t.

link

bring the hate.

yeah its a fan poll, but anytime he sees the name mexico in a soccer thread hes on the ball when it comes to hater comments. Notice the op, it said as voted by. no s**t.

As voted by fifa.com is implying that FIFA.com did the voting.
He should have said "As voted by fans on fifa.com"
"Sherlock"
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

FTW
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

For some reason i always pulled for Nigeria and Ghana and Cameron. Maybe because of them being the underdog and wanting to see the impact of them making it far on the country.

That is why i love the world cup. The things a sport can do for a country.
[ Edited by Thizz415 on Mar 22, 2010 at 9:55 PM ]

link

bring the hate.

As voted by fifa.com is implying that FIFA.com did the voting.
He should have said "As voted by fans on fifa.com"
"Sherlock"

if you visit FIFA.com they always have a poll. I'm sorry that you guys didnt know.

I wont continue with you as I do not want this thread to get locked.

link

I'm telling y'all, my sleeper pick

link

bring the hate.

LOL. How the hell do you hate Mexico so much but yet you cheer for the most Mexican club team on the planet?

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

link

bring the hate.

LOL. How the hell do you hate Mexico so much but yet you cheer for the most Mexican club team on the planet?

yeah, kind of a hypocrite. The foundation that the national squad is historically built upon is Chivas.

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

link

bring the hate.

yeah, kind of a hypocrite. The foundation that the national squad is historically built upon is Chivas.

Its no different than you living and working here in the USA and bashing the USA Squad while rooting for Mexico. I can guarantee there are no Mexicans in Mexico rooting for the USA.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

y'all better take Dihno

y'all better take Dihno

I know
Share 49ersWebzone