Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 286 users in the forums

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by sidthekid:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Rather than b***h about perceived slights to your nation's honor, why not do something entertaining with your trolling? Look at the example set by elltee/IWASNTATTHECATCH.

No one likes you, man. Go away, maybe f**k yourself, I don't really care.

Oh no. People on the internet who I have never met don't like me. What am I to do? My life is over. Oh the humanity.

So why are you here?

You'll have to wait until his newest troll incarnation to get a response.

Same Bat Time? Same Bat Channel?

Yes, only more annoying.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

No s**t.

And for the record...no, we don't care about hockey, as a general rule. We really don't. And the ratings for hockey in this country reflect that.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 62,738
Jaysus christo, what an annoying douchey troll
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Great game.

Congrats to Canada!

I agree, ya'll had a hell of a team... but don't let this one win get your heads big. Here's a little reminder to help you stay grounded


. I love when Canadians get a big head, it's hilarious. We played a good game, great job by the youngest team at the tournament.

Big heads? Im Canadian and I had a good LOL about the "Own the Podium". I even said Summer games we stink too (and noted by Sixth above, lol). I conceded the US had a great team (I picked them to win Bronze pre-tourny) and if they played again today, could very well win.

Some people here have good things to say, like a congrads - great game (above Ninerfourniner?), but theres a lot of bellyaching coming from other posters. Saying "Canada can kiss my junk", "f**k canada" or "lets invade them" (even though you tried in 1812 and failed then )

Its a damn hockey game, lol

That was more or less aimed at "the banned one" who ran his mouth off after the game talking about medal count - I'm sure he's monitoring the boards, biding his time before he signs back in to a place where he's not wanted - he's got nothing better to do.

True enough... Fuk, I look like an idiot going to bat for the guy now.. Im all for arguing or debating on here, but keep it semi-civil, lol

haha not to worry. I think it's funny because Canadians are usually so modest that they don't know how to be big-headed. So when they are it's over the top and hilarious, especially considering that it's just a hockey game lol

Now that I think about it I'm happy Canada won because if the USA had won we probably would have cared for a few days, then started talking about opening day/NBA playoffs/NFL draft and nobody would care about hockey anymore. In Canada they'll be drooling about it for 4 years, I'm happy for em.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Great game.

Congrats to Canada!

I agree, ya'll had a hell of a team... but don't let this one win get your heads big. Here's a little reminder to help you stay grounded


. I love when Canadians get a big head, it's hilarious. We played a good game, great job by the youngest team at the tournament.

Big heads? Im Canadian and I had a good LOL about the "Own the Podium". I even said Summer games we stink too (and noted by Sixth above, lol). I conceded the US had a great team (I picked them to win Bronze pre-tourny) and if they played again today, could very well win.

Some people here have good things to say, like a congrads - great game (above Ninerfourniner?), but theres a lot of bellyaching coming from other posters. Saying "Canada can kiss my junk", "f**k canada" or "lets invade them" (even though you tried in 1812 and failed then )

Its a damn hockey game, lol

That was more or less aimed at "the banned one" who ran his mouth off after the game talking about medal count - I'm sure he's monitoring the boards, biding his time before he signs back in to a place where he's not wanted - he's got nothing better to do.

True enough... Fuk, I look like an idiot going to bat for the guy now.. Im all for arguing or debating on here, but keep it semi-civil, lol

haha not to worry. I think it's funny because Canadians are usually so modest that they don't know how to be big-headed. So when they are it's over the top and hilarious, especially considering that it's just a hockey game lol

Now that I think about it I'm happy Canada won because if the USA had won we probably would have cared for a few days, then started talking about opening day/NBA playoffs/NFL draft and nobody would care about hockey anymore. In Canada they'll be drooling about it for 4 years, I'm happy for em.

Im not too worried. He doesnt speak for a Nation. Just his own views..

Yeah, we will be happy with it for 4yrs. Not only did we win Hockey gold, but that Gold set the record for most Gold Medals for a Winter Olympics.... Wont see us making a movie over any of it though
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Im not too worried. He doesnt speak for a Nation. Just his own views..

Yeah, we will be happy with it for 4yrs. Not only did we win Hockey gold, but that Gold set the record for most Gold Medals for a Winter Olympics.... Wont see us making a movie over any of it though

For whatever it's worth, whenever I make a dig at Canada...that's all it is, a dig. And it's intended to be good natured. I don't think that people have deeply rooted hatred for freaking Canada of all places. I definitely think that there's an overreaction to the "f**k Canada" stuff and this guy is taking it waaaaaay too seriously.
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Great game.

Congrats to Canada!

I agree, ya'll had a hell of a team... but don't let this one win get your heads big. Here's a little reminder to help you stay grounded


. I love when Canadians get a big head, it's hilarious. We played a good game, great job by the youngest team at the tournament.

Big heads? Im Canadian and I had a good LOL about the "Own the Podium". I even said Summer games we stink too (and noted by Sixth above, lol). I conceded the US had a great team (I picked them to win Bronze pre-tourny) and if they played again today, could very well win.

Some people here have good things to say, like a congrads - great game (above Ninerfourniner?), but theres a lot of bellyaching coming from other posters. Saying "Canada can kiss my junk", "f**k canada" or "lets invade them" (even though you tried in 1812 and failed then )

Its a damn hockey game, lol

That was more or less aimed at "the banned one" who ran his mouth off after the game talking about medal count - I'm sure he's monitoring the boards, biding his time before he signs back in to a place where he's not wanted - he's got nothing better to do.

True enough... Fuk, I look like an idiot going to bat for the guy now.. Im all for arguing or debating on here, but keep it semi-civil, lol

haha not to worry. I think it's funny because Canadians are usually so modest that they don't know how to be big-headed. So when they are it's over the top and hilarious, especially considering that it's just a hockey game lol

Now that I think about it I'm happy Canada won because if the USA had won we probably would have cared for a few days, then started talking about opening day/NBA playoffs/NFL draft and nobody would care about hockey anymore. In Canada they'll be drooling about it for 4 years, I'm happy for em.

Im not too worried. He doesnt speak for a Nation. Just his own views..

Yeah, we will be happy with it for 4yrs. Not only did we win Hockey gold, but that Gold set the record for most Gold Medals for a Winter Olympics.... Wont see us making a movie over any of it though

Canada has the ability to make movies?





Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Im not too worried. He doesnt speak for a Nation. Just his own views..

Yeah, we will be happy with it for 4yrs. Not only did we win Hockey gold, but that Gold set the record for most Gold Medals for a Winter Olympics.... Wont see us making a movie over any of it though

For whatever it's worth, whenever I make a dig at Canada...that's all it is, a dig. And it's intended to be good natured. I don't think that people have deeply rooted hatred for freaking Canada of all places. I definitely think that there's an overreaction to the "f**k Canada" stuff and this guy is taking it waaaaaay too seriously.

Oh, no doubt. A lot of overreaction from everyone here.. Im not takin the digs too seriously. As long as you can handle a few back

He's earned his for sure. Like I said he's speaking for himself. There are a few good Canucks around here. We're not all a*****es, lol
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Great game.

Congrats to Canada!

I agree, ya'll had a hell of a team... but don't let this one win get your heads big. Here's a little reminder to help you stay grounded


. I love when Canadians get a big head, it's hilarious. We played a good game, great job by the youngest team at the tournament.

Big heads? Im Canadian and I had a good LOL about the "Own the Podium". I even said Summer games we stink too (and noted by Sixth above, lol). I conceded the US had a great team (I picked them to win Bronze pre-tourny) and if they played again today, could very well win.

Some people here have good things to say, like a congrads - great game (above Ninerfourniner?), but theres a lot of bellyaching coming from other posters. Saying "Canada can kiss my junk", "f**k canada" or "lets invade them" (even though you tried in 1812 and failed then )

Its a damn hockey game, lol

That was more or less aimed at "the banned one" who ran his mouth off after the game talking about medal count - I'm sure he's monitoring the boards, biding his time before he signs back in to a place where he's not wanted - he's got nothing better to do.

True enough... Fuk, I look like an idiot going to bat for the guy now.. Im all for arguing or debating on here, but keep it semi-civil, lol

haha not to worry. I think it's funny because Canadians are usually so modest that they don't know how to be big-headed. So when they are it's over the top and hilarious, especially considering that it's just a hockey game lol

Now that I think about it I'm happy Canada won because if the USA had won we probably would have cared for a few days, then started talking about opening day/NBA playoffs/NFL draft and nobody would care about hockey anymore. In Canada they'll be drooling about it for 4 years, I'm happy for em.

Im not too worried. He doesnt speak for a Nation. Just his own views..

Yeah, we will be happy with it for 4yrs. Not only did we win Hockey gold, but that Gold set the record for most Gold Medals for a Winter Olympics.... Wont see us making a movie over any of it though

Canada has the ability to make movies?







No, thats why we wont make one... All our $$ goes towards hockey, curling and making maple syrup. Priorities man
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

No s**t.

And for the record...no, we don't care about hockey, as a general rule. We really don't. And the ratings for hockey in this country reflect that.

I think a lot of the ratings for hockey have to do with ESPN-NHL contract dispute that sent the NHL into the dark corner known as Versus. When NHL returns to ESPN, I think ratings will improve.

US-Canada game drew a 15.2 rating, which is roughly on par with American Idol (which is the most popular TV show at the moment.) But ofcourse the 27.6 million that tuned in is only half that tune in for the Superbowl. Yet the ratings scored above 30 in traditionally "hockey" markets like Pittsburgh.

So to say Americans don't care isn't very accurate. Using that defination, Americans apparently don't care about 95% of TV shows are most other sports games that arent' epic playoff clashes.

NBA Finals ratings haven't topped 10 in the last 5 years BTW.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

No s**t.

And for the record...no, we don't care about hockey, as a general rule. We really don't. And the ratings for hockey in this country reflect that.

I think a lot of the ratings for hockey have to do with ESPN-NHL contract dispute that sent the NHL into the dark corner known as Versus. When NHL returns to ESPN, I think ratings will improve.

US-Canada game drew a 15.2 rating, which is roughly on par with American Idol (which is the most popular TV show at the moment.) But ofcourse the 27.6 million that tuned in is only half that tune in for the Superbowl. Yet the ratings scored above 30 in traditionally "hockey" markets like Pittsburgh.

So to say Americans don't care isn't very accurate. Using that defination, Americans apparently don't care about 95% of TV shows are most other sports games that arent' epic playoff clashes.

NBA Finals ratings haven't topped 10 in the last 5 years BTW.

I think you’re comparing apples to oranges, SunDevil.

The USA-Canada final was a singular/winner-take-all event, as is the Super Bowl. The NBA Finals are a series. Then you add in the element of national pride and you’re going to get ratings. I don’t give a crap about swimming, but will I watch Michael Phelps swim for Team USA? Of course. I’d bet that got good ratings as well.

The Olympics don’t completely fall within the category of sport, as there’s nationalistic & social significance involved. I don’t have any empirical study to reference on this, but I’d imagine that women watch the Olympics to a much greater degree than sports under normal circumstances.

I’d argue that the ratings of an Olympic event doesn’t reflect a sport’s popularity.
Originally posted by sidthekid:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What's with the medal counts? Canada beat the world. GOLD is all that matters. Silver and Bronze suck and anyone who brags about them is nuts.

6pts for a Gold
2pts for a Silver
1pt for a Bronze

#1 Canada (103 pts)
#2 USA (97 pts)
#3 Germany (93 pts)

[/u]


CanadaWins I've been wondering who that was.

No Olympic Medal sucks. Ask Joannie Rochette.

First, lets set the record straight. A few people here seem to have a revisionist view of history.

I joined back after 4 years away under my same name. No attempt to hide who I was. In the time I was back I had done nothing wrong. Simply posted about sports and other things.

I responded to a post on this thread where someone said we should be scared of Russia or something along those lines, to which I responded "Oh, I am scared". The posters who responded to that mis-understood what I said. I didn't say "OH, I am scared" in a sarcastic/cocky way, I was saying, yes I am scared. We were not playing well and Russia was a dangerous opponent since they have Ovechkin. Then out of the blue La9erFan decides to come to the rescue and I was banned once again.

This last time I signed up, as someone tried to blame on me, it wasn't I who started the trash talking.

After Canada won there were countless posts from people saying "suck my ass Canada, kiss my ass Canada, eat my junk, who cares about hockey, Canada is pathetic hockey is all they have, and so on. There have been many other times on this board where it seems common place for certain members to bash a whole country such as Canada. As a proud Canadian I am not going to stand for that. Since I wasn't going to be able to stay around anyways why would I respond kindly to those remarks.

As for LegBreaker - what f**king game were you watching? Canada playing dirty? Stop trying to make excuses as to why you lost.

As for the American Team, show a little class when you lose. Smile a little. As for Ron Wilson, ya you guys played a great tournament but saying you think both teams deserve a gold medal? Please. What is it with Americans and not being able to just straight up congratulate the other team. When you guys lost in 2002 Herb Brooks cried about how he didn't understand how Canada had such an easy road to the finale.

LegBreaker - a mod - starting crying about (and I have on clue what game he was watching) that Canada was playing dirty and getting away with it.

Since I wasn't going to be able to stay around anyways why would I respond kindly. It is of no benefit to me.

Hi Sid.

It seems like you have taken issue with a few of my posts. I'd be happy to address them, if you'd like.

My major points of contention as to how clean the game was are as follows:

Pronger getting away with murder on the back end (he does it in the NHL, too, so it isn't surprising he gets away with it in international competition, too). He's a stick grabbing, slashing, holding, cross checking, high sticking, hooking little b*tch. That's not an opinion...its a fact. He was given a lot of leeway yesterday.

Heatly was flopping so hard he looked like the illegitimate child of Manu Ginobili and the Italian National Soccer team.

In general, Canada played a VERY aggressive game, which was impressive...right up until I saw players that I genuinely respect start diving when they were caught out of position because of that aggressiveness.

Make no mistake, I will not excuse Team USA's failures yesterday...especially their defensive mistakes and lack of patience offensively.

But if you think that Canada played a squeaky clean game yesterday, you're a homer and a half.

If you wish to retort, you are welcome to.

Oh...and in the future, if you wish to take issue with my opinion, please do so directly instead of b*tching to the rest of the board. K. Thx.
Oh, and one more thing, Sid...talking sh*t about Herb Brooks to a board of American sports fans is pretty f*cking stupid, imo.

First off, the guy is dead. Show a little respect.

Second, he's a hero to the hockey watching public in the states. Lay off.

That is all.
p.s. - What about the farewell drugs, Sid????
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone