There are 220 users in the forums

Mosley-Mayweather set for ????????

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
^^^ I added a couple more things to my previous post.

And by ripe for the picking, I didn't mean that Cotto was any more susceptible at that point in time than he was before or anything. I just meant that Pac Man could beat him, so he took on him.

Again, no disrespect to Pac at all, he shouldn't be getting any sort of blame for taking on Cotto. Cotto's a top welter. Whether he was the right style for Manny, whatever, that's just how the fight goes down. Manny deserves all the credit in the world.

Anyway, back to my original points, Shane did call out Pac, and Cotto was the easier opponent for Manny(in my opinion, of course).

I agree completely that Mosely was too strong at the time, mainly b/c Roach was getting Manny's right hand stronger and keep his speed while moving up in weight.
Now that his technique is solid, I think Pacman is a force and a half and after fighting Clottey will be ready for FMJ.

Let me ask you this silky, since I do enjoy your boxing insight, do you think both Pacman and FMJ chose these fighters on purpose or just for the payouts?

I think they each took these opponents to get ready for the other. Pacman picks up Clottey, whose defensive style can be difficult for overly-aggressive fighters like Pacman. By fighting a guy like Clottey, Pacman will have to be patient and keep his speed up so he can get in his shots, similarly to how he'd have to fight FMJ with his defensive quickness.

For FMJ, Shane has been a legitimate Welterweight contender for some time. But, his aggressive head-strong tactics are similar to Pacmans (though Pacman is extremely faster in comparison) and will allow FMJ to get into the groove to fight Pacman.

I know Pacman vs Clottey will sell a lot of tickets, but I have a huge feeling this fight will be the biggest blockbuster of the year.

Honestly, I think it was really just a clash of two egos. It was a far from classy move for Floyd to suggest that Pac might be on steroids by demanding random testing. But what's done is done. What bothered me out of all of that was how Pac's team handled the whole situation and even entertained the thought of drug testing knowing they had no intention of succumbing to Floyd's request. There was really only two ways to handle it, 1) send Floyd packing from the very beginning and call him on his BS and tell him to come back with a better contract, or 2) take the random drug testing. The Pac team went about it all wrong by making a bunch of excuses and coming with counter-proposals that pretty much defeated the purpose of random testing. Whether Pac's really on that A-Side Meth or he refused to take the tests out of pride, I don't know, only he knows. Whatever the reason was, I think it was handled wrong.

Having said all that, with Top Rank's nice stable of welterweights, Pac obviously had an easier way out than to put up with all this (warranted or unwarranted) BS. Floyd, on the other hand, didn't have many options out there. He lucked out with the whole Andre Berto situation.

I always thought March was too soon for a FMJ/Pac fight. I was surprised at how smooth things seemed to be going up until the steroid issue escalated.

So to answer your question, I think it was two big egos that weren't getting their way and were really racing against the clock at that point. They were coming up on the two months needed for a proper training camp, so they decided to just move on and maybe do it at a later time.

I think they both took these fights both for the payout and because they made the most sense. These were the top two opponents available for both of them, both on skill and marketability.

The whole thing fell apart because Pacman is on steroids and knows that is the only way he could ever have a shot at competing with Floyd! Why else would a guy pass up the payday they were about to get as well as a chance to be the undisputed pound for pound king?

There's only one reason, because PACMAN IS ON THE JUICE!
Originally posted by glorydayz:

And by ripe for the picking, I didn't mean that Cotto was any more susceptible at that point in time than he was before or anything. I just meant that Pac Man could beat him, so he took on him.

Again, no disrespect to Pac at all, he shouldn't be getting any sort of blame for taking on Cotto. Cotto's a top welter. Whether he was the right style for Manny, whatever, that's just how the fight goes down. Manny deserves all the credit in the world.

Anyway, back to my original points, Shane did call out Pac, and Cotto was the easier opponent for Manny(in my opinion, of course).

I agree completely that Mosely was too strong at the time, mainly b/c Roach was getting Manny's right hand stronger and keep his speed while moving up in weight.
Now that his technique is solid, I think Pacman is a force and a half and after fighting Clottey will be ready for FMJ.

Let me ask you this silky, since I do enjoy your boxing insight, do you think both Pacman and FMJ chose these fighters on purpose or just for the payouts?

I think they each took these opponents to get ready for the other. Pacman picks up Clottey, whose defensive style can be difficult for overly-aggressive fighters like Pacman. By fighting a guy like Clottey, Pacman will have to be patient and keep his speed up so he can get in his shots, similarly to how he'd have to fight FMJ with his defensive quickness.

For FMJ, Shane has been a legitimate Welterweight contender for some time. But, his aggressive head-strong tactics are similar to Pacmans (though Pacman is extremely faster in comparison) and will allow FMJ to get into the groove to fight Pacman.

I know Pacman vs Clottey will sell a lot of tickets, but I have a huge feeling this fight will be the biggest blockbuster of the year.

Honestly, I think it was really just a clash of two egos. It was a far from classy move for Floyd to suggest that Pac might be on steroids by demanding random testing. But what's done is done. What bothered me out of all of that was how Pac's team handled the whole situation and even entertained the thought of drug testing knowing they had no intention of succumbing to Floyd's request. There was really only two ways to handle it, 1) send Floyd packing from the very beginning and call him on his BS and tell him to come back with a better contract, or 2) take the random drug testing. The Pac team went about it all wrong by making a bunch of excuses and coming with counter-proposals that pretty much defeated the purpose of random testing. Whether Pac's really on that A-Side Meth or he refused to take the tests out of pride, I don't know, only he knows. Whatever the reason was, I think it was handled wrong.

Having said all that, with Top Rank's nice stable of welterweights, Pac obviously had an easier way out than to put up with all this (warranted or unwarranted) BS. Floyd, on the other hand, didn't have many options out there. He lucked out with the whole Andre Berto situation.

I always thought March was too soon for a FMJ/Pac fight. I was surprised at how smooth things seemed to be going up until the steroid issue escalated.

So to answer your question, I think it was two big egos that weren't getting their way and were really racing against the clock at that point. They were coming up on the two months needed for a proper training camp, so they decided to just move on and maybe do it at a later time.

I think they both took these fights both for the payout and because they made the most sense. These were the top two opponents available for both of them, both on skill and marketability.

The whole thing fell apart because Pacman is on steroids and knows that is the only way he could ever have a shot at competing with Floyd! Why else would a guy pass up the payday they were about to get as well as a chance to be the undisputed pound for pound king?

Please dude, don't make things up like that ignorant sh*t...there's no proof or any physical proof outside of your hater talk that would say he's on 'roids.

Only enhancers he takes is an extra helping of dinuguan at dinner every night so he could move up weight classes. Maybe the occasional 3-4 balut with his adobo and lumpia lunches but no way does he need supplements

Just because you don't like Pacman and want FMJ to be the P4P champ doesn't mean you have to make up stuff to feel better about it. FMJ will lose soon enough after they each make some more money.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/boxing/03/02/mayweather.mosley.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

lol that was funny when mosley fronted him after the marquez fight.. mayweather got hella defensive
Damn Im soo excited to see this. You can tell SSM wants to whoop that ass!

Please dude, don't make things up like that ignorant sh*t...there's no proof or any physical proof outside of your hater talk that would say he's on 'roids.

Only enhancers he takes is an extra helping of dinuguan at dinner every night so he could move up weight classes. Maybe the occasional 3-4 balut with his adobo and lumpia lunches but no way does he need supplements

Just because you don't like Pacman and want FMJ to be the P4P champ doesn't mean you have to make up stuff to feel better about it. FMJ will lose soon enough after they each make some more money.

Okay, so you would pass up a $25 million dollar drug test just because your feelings got hurt? The guy is on the juice just like most of the sports stars of the past decade.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Okay, so you would pass up a $25 million dollar drug test just because your feelings got hurt? The guy is on the juice just like most of the sports stars of the past decade.

He's either on the juice or he was just looking for an out to milk his marketability for all it's worth, until he eventually loses to the P4P champ Money Mayweather.

Take your pick.

Or maybe both.

Put him on the pedestal as much as you want, but dude's been carefully managed and put in fights where he's widely favored to win all the time.

Don't get me wrong, he's talented, so he's earned the praise he deserves, but I can't help to think he got some help along the way *cough*Marquez*cough*

didn't Pac eventually agree to taking the blood test?

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Predetermined (not random) and 24 days away.

and one post fight.

and one post fight.

Still... knowing when your test comes up defeats the whole purpose of "random"

Don't know why people thing money is such a huge issue with Pac. In the Philippines, the only difference between 25 million and 6 million is greed. Either way you slice it, it's still a buttload of money. Heck, I can take the small amount I have in my 401 k today and I'd live like a king over there for awhile.

Sad, but pro-sports in the Western world is so much about money that it ain't even funny. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's about the pride, not the money.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Don't know why people thing money is such a huge issue with Pac. In the Philippines, the only difference between 25 million and 6 million is greed. Either way you slice it, it's still a buttload of money. Heck, I can take the small amount I have in my 401 k today and I'd live like a king over there for awhile.

Sad, but pro-sports in the Western world is so much about money that it ain't even funny. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's about the pride, not the money.

haters are just gonna be haters. homers are just gonna be homers. can't do nothing about it.
Share 49ersWebzone