LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Mosley-Mayweather set for ????????

Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
You can never appease the haters.

I am not really hating. Actuallly I give PBF props for fighting the Mosley. Between Pac man and PBF, PBF has the hardest fight.

you mean upcoming fight, right??

Yes.

I am not really hating. Actuallly I give PBF props for fighting Mosley. Between Pac man and PBF, PBF has the hardest fight.

Finally Floyd sign but I think he will still win Sugar shane is 38 already. Floyd always fight someone that he knows he can beat. Sugar Shane is old and Floyd will not have a problem fighting Moseley. Why can't it be just be pacquiao and Floyd.
Originally posted by nothing03:

I am not really hating. Actuallly I give PBF props for fighting Mosley. Between Pac man and PBF, PBF has the hardest fight.

Finally Floyd sign but I think he will still win Sugar shane is 38 already. Floyd always fight someone that he knows he can beat. Sugar Shane is old and Floyd will not have a problem fighting Moseley. Why can't it be just be pacquiao and Floyd.

Because Pacquiao backed off.
Originally posted by nothing03:

Because Pacquiao backed off.

Because Mayweather had to act like a p***y.
Worst case scenario-------------------------------

PBF loses by decision to Mosley (we never get to see him get really beaten up , ever as he retires)

Old ass Mosley goes on to fight Pac
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Worst case scenario-------------------------------

PBF loses by decision to Mosley (we never get to see him get really beaten up , ever as he retires)

Old ass Mosley goes on to fight Pac

This could be true. Also old a@@ Mosley puls it off against Pac man.
Mosley has a lot of mileage. Mayweather will beat him. Mayweather would not fight Mosley in his prime because Mosley would of won back then. Mosley wants a fat payday before he hangs them up. But, I think Mosley has heart and cares about his legacy so it'll be a good fight.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Mosley has a lot of mileage. Mayweather will beat him. Mayweather would not fight Mosley in his prime because Mosley would of won back then. Mosley wants a fat payday before he hangs them up. But, I think Mosley has heart and cares about his legacy so it'll be a good fight.

I had written off Mosley as well. I think Floyd will win but not because Shane is old. Shane will make a fight out of it for sure. You never know thou. Shane can turn the light s out with one punch.

I had written off Mosley as well. I think Floyd will win but not because Shane is old. Shane will make a fight out of it for sure. You never know thou. Shane can turn the light s out with one punch.

I think Shane is really being overlooked with the "old" tag.

He at this point is in his career has seen it all. Vernon Forrest put major hands on his ass with speed. Thing is that PBF is not aggressive at all. Im thinking this fight will be much more entertaining because other than Zab PBF hasnt really been tested against a speed fighter. Sugars speed may have gone a bit bitter but its still a weapon and he has always been a smart fighter.

LOL this is an awesome video because of the music please listen......

This comment I agree with on Youtube

"Shane got hit with some great shots and he still got off the canvas and finished the fight. If anyone believes Floyd can do this to Shane is out of there minds. Vernon Forrest was 6'1 and no Floyd doesn't hit as hard as Vernon sorry! Shane wins by TKO in the 10th round".
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Feb 5, 2010 at 11:17 AM ]
Floyd called out Mosley in his prime. Just sayin'

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

I think Shane is really being overlooked with the "old" tag.

He at this point is in his career has seen it all. Vernon Forrest put major hands on his ass with speed. Thing is that PBF is not aggressive at all. Im thinking this fight will be much more entertaining because other than Zab PBF hasnt really been tested against a speed fighter. Sugars speed may have gone a bit bitter but its still a weapon and he has always been a smart fighter.

LOL this is an awesome video because of the music please listen......

This comment I agree with on Youtube

"Shane got hit with some great shots and he still got off the canvas and finished the fight. If anyone believes Floyd can do this to Shane is out of there minds. Vernon Forrest was 6'1 and no Floyd doesn't hit as hard as Vernon sorry! Shane wins by TKO in the 10th round".

It starts at 1:47. Althou Vargas was shot at this point, it shows that Mosley can knock out bigger fighters. This fight was at jr. middleweight. I would not be surprised if Shane pulls it off.

Floyd called out Mosley in his prime. Just sayin'

It's actually both... PBF called out Mosley only for Mosley to turn him down to spend time with his fam.... After PBF won against Dela Hoya, Mosley called him out only for PBF to turn him down...

http://www.boxing24.com/mosleymayweather/

[ Edited by kidash on Feb 5, 2010 at 12:29 PM ]
I know. I'm just negating his claim that Floyd didn't wanna fight Mosley in his prime.
I know. I'm just negating his claim that Floyd didn't wanna fight Mosley in his prime.

Floyd picks his fights carefully now. When he was coming up, he wasn't as careful. I don't care what words came out of his mouth when he called him out. Bottom line is the fight didn't happen. Unless you are a blind Floyd supporter, you cannot argue he basically ducks fights by being extremely careful who he fights.

Floyd picks his fights carefully now. When he was coming up, he wasn't as careful. I don't care what words came out of his mouth when he called him out. Bottom line is the fight didn't happen. Unless you are a blind Floyd supporter, you cannot argue he basically ducks fights by being extremely careful who he fights.

I've followed boxing closely and I think it's bad timing and money more than anything. If we go back 5 years, he wanted to fight everybody. He wanted to get at Tzyui, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley, DLH. All those guys didn't wanna get in the ring with him. Well, Hatton ruined the Tzyui fight Floyd had planned out. And Hatton and Cotto were a bit green at the time. Everybody wanted to see him fight Zab, and he made that fight. But before that fight Zab went and lost to Baldomir. After Zab he wanted to get at all those guys I mentioned. Hatton and Cotto were too green. Mosley ducked him, said he wanted to take some time off. He wanted badly to get at DLH, but DLH held him off for like a year before it finally went down. In the meantime, while he waited for DLH, he set up a fight with jr. middleweight Cory Spinks but it broke down, so he took on Baldomir, the guy that beat Zab. At the time, you can't say that was that bad of a choice, since Baldomir did beat the top welter at the time. Besides Mosley and Zab, the welterweight division wasn't really anything to write about back then.

Then he finally gets his break with DLH, and he cashes in BIG!!! Where does he go from there? There wasn't really a big money fight left except for Hatton, that undefeated guy with all of Britain behind him. Can't blame him for taking a money fight.

So he decides to take a break from the sport he's been doing since age 16, comes back, takes a tune-up fight with Marquez, and now he wants to fight Pac and Mosley. Ok, who exactly has he ducked?

All these fighters people talk about him ducking were either nobodies at the time, or they didn't want a piece of him.

I'll give you Paul Williams, but EVERYBODY in the welterweight division has ducked Paul Williams. Margarito was just a pawn to try and derail the DLH fight. Remember, Arum and Oscar weren't exactly friends back then. Only way for Mayweather to fight Oscar was for him to drop Top Rank, and he did.
Share 49ersWebzone