LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

2010 NBA All Star Weekend Thread (2010 All Star Game starters released))

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
If there was any other guard in the East who was popular enough to get close to Iverson in votes, then the NBA would have manipulated it so that Iverson didn't start.

Just like the NBA did with McGrady and Nash. Because you KNOW that TMac won that vote regardless of what is reported lol.

But Iverson was ahead by 200,000 votes on Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Derrick Rose, Rondo, Joe Johnson, etc. NBA couldn't manipulate the vote.

I would have taken Allen, Rose, or Johnson over AI.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
If there was any other guard in the East who was popular enough to get close to Iverson in votes, then the NBA would have manipulated it so that Iverson didn't start.

Just like the NBA did with McGrady and Nash. Because you KNOW that TMac won that vote regardless of what is reported lol.

But Iverson was ahead by 200,000 votes on Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Derrick Rose, Rondo, Joe Johnson, etc. NBA couldn't manipulate the vote.

duh
  • jrg
  • Veteran

duh

It's just sad..because I honestly root hard for the East every year...and we get this bum.
The last time I cared about a dunk contest was when J-rich won.. Haven't cared since.. And 9erAus is right, if Lebron were to be in the dunk contest, he'd automatically win with lame dunks.. Just watch ESPN highlights and you'll notice his dunks are always top 3 (which i have no clue why)..
With McGrady out Deron better be named a reserve.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Guessing...

Paul-Williams-Roy-Durant-Dirk-Kaman, then you've got one spot for Gasol-Randolph-Ellis-Evans and I'd bet Gasol gets it.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Guessing...

Paul-Williams-Roy-Durant-Dirk-Kaman, then you've got one spot for Gasol-Randolph-Ellis-Evans and I'd bet Gasol gets it.

I hope you're right and I'll be pulling for Ellis or Evans instead of Gasol and Randolph although I think Gasol will most likely get it too.

Guessing...

I hope you're right and I'll be pulling for Ellis or Evans instead of Gasol and Randolph although I think Gasol will most likely get it too.

Yeah, I dunno. Gasol has missed a lot of games. I don't think he'll get the nod this year.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Guessing...

Yeah, I dunno. Gasol has missed a lot of games. I don't think he'll get the nod this year.

Gasol is more deserving than Kaman i think. Theyve both missed games and they can pretend like Gasol is a center like they do with Duncan amd Amare whenever convenient.
No Dwight Howard = jrg not caring

sorry but dwight's an overrated dunker when it comes to the dunk contest

i liked amare's moves over his

Originally posted by djb49:
The last time I cared about a dunk contest was when J-rich won.. Haven't cared since.. And 9erAus is right, if Lebron were to be in the dunk contest, he'd automatically win with lame dunks.. Just watch ESPN highlights and you'll notice his dunks are always top 3 (which i have no clue why)..
Lebron is just a power dunker . People view him as the next great dunker like Jordan Dominique Wilkins, Vince Carter, and etc. but he doesn't have any creativity on his dunk. He can jump I will give him that. Lebron knows that he doesn't have the creativity for the dunk contest that is the reason why he never enters which is pretty smart of him.
It's all good. Allen Iverson will bow out and Joe Johnson will start. Mark my words.

Iverson respects the honor and knows that he doesn't deserve it.
You're opinion of AI has always been over-inflated.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
It's all good. Allen Iverson will bow out and Joe Johnson will start. Mark my words.

Iverson respects the honor and knows that he doesn't deserve it.
You're opinion of AI has always been over-inflated.

I admit, I'm a bit disappointed in Allen.

He could have won a lot of points with the general public by turning down the honor and humbling himself a little bit.

Unfortunate.
AI humble himself? You expected too much.

Perfect example this year. Can't accept being a reserve on Memphis (23-19). Will only accept starting role, goes to Philly (14-28).

AI will always be about AI.
Iverson

ya wtf
Share 49ersWebzone