LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Phils, Ms, Blue Jays Agree On Halladay-Cliff Lee Blockbuster Trade

• VDSF
  • Veteran
A three-way deal has been agreed to with Halladay going to the Phillies and Lee to the Mariners. The Phillies are now trying to sign Halladay to an extension.

Link

[ Edited by VDSF on Dec 14, 2009 at 13:09:39 ]
Wow. Cliff Lee was dominant for Philly -- hard to believe he's gonna be dealt.
Good, I wish Roy all the best of luck, he deserved better and I hope he wins a World Series title before his playing days are over.

Congrats Phillies fans, you guy got a winner in Roy Halliday
You made this sound like it was already official. I dont think thats the case.

"However, in a subsequent tweet, Heyman apologizes for a quick trigger finger and says that while the Ms are confirmed as the third team he is checking to verify they'll get Lee. And MLB.com's Noah Coslov has no confirmed deal from Lee or the Ms."
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You made this sound like it was already official. I dont think thats the case.

"However, in a subsequent tweet, Heyman apologizes for a quick trigger finger and says that while the Ms are confirmed as the third team he is checking to verify they'll get Lee. And MLB.com's Noah Coslov has no confirmed deal from Lee or the Ms."

yeah I'm just reading that now too
It could very well happen - just seems a bit premature. Cliff Lee was great but he will be a FA after this year and there would probably be no way that the Phillies could be able to pay Doc and Lee (along with Howard, Utley, etc..)
Wow Phils get a guy that leads them to the World Series and then as a reward he gets traded to Seattle??? Dick move on the Phillies part. I know they couldn't have both Doc and Lee but damn that looks horrible.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I think its official

So it looks like the Jays get nothing?? lol
Originally posted by King49er:
I think its official

Originally posted by mlbtraderumors.com:
3:56pm: Rosenthal and Morosi write that pitcher Phillippe Aumont of the Mariners and outfielder Michael Taylor of the Phillies are among the players heading to Toronto in the trade. They say an agreement is in place to send Halladay to the Phillies and Lee to the Mariners.

Its not that they get nothing, they just get nobodies.
Originally posted by BigRon:
I think its official

3:56pm: Rosenthal and Morosi write that pitcher Phillippe Aumont of the Mariners and outfielder Michael Taylor of the Phillies are among the players heading to Toronto in the trade. They say an agreement is in place to send Halladay to the Phillies and Lee to the Mariners.

I actually feel sorry for ya King. This deal is horrible for you guys.

Part of the reason for this trade was that the Phillies felt that Lee was asking for to much money, and the Phillies felt that they could not resign him. The story indicated that Halladay is looking for 5 years, $100 million (with a discount to play for the Phillies). So let's say the discount is $10 million, making this an $18 million per season deal. If that's the case, and the Phillies felt Lee was unsignable, then what was he asking for????
By giving up Lee, I dont even think the Phills really upgraded. They picked up a former CY Young winner, for another former CY Young winner. As a Braves fan, I dont mind this deal at all
Originally posted by Jordache49:
By giving up Lee, I dont even think the Phills really upgraded. They picked up a former CY Young winner, for another former CY Young winner. As a Braves fan, I dont mind this deal at all

as a fellow Braves fan i say f**k the Phillies we will win the east next year
Wow, even after Lee was so damn dominant too. I think the phillies blew it to be honest.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 14, 2009 at 14:21:40 ]
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by BigRon:
I think its official

I actually feel sorry for ya King. This deal is horrible for you guys.

yup it's pretty pathetic
Share 49ersWebzone