LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Lincecum WINS CY YOUNG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Do you think Cards fans are a little hot this afternoon?

Quote:
This is highway robbery.
Linecum’s won loss differential is 8 (15-7) & Carpenter’s is 13 (17-4). What’s more is that Carpenter had a better ERA. I guess the only thing that matters is strikeouts. I don’t get it. Seven other guys had 15 wins so what is the big deal there, and three guys had more wins than him. Woops, we already determined that wins and ERA do not matter. I would love a face to face meeting with the two gutless cowards that left Carpenter off the ballot. Is there any way to find out who they are? They would fit well in the Iranian elections. They stink.
Big Jim

I wonder what Timmy's run support avg is compared to Carpenter's.

Its actually not that much different. But Carpenter had less starts and Lincecum had more quality starts. Lincecum FTW
Press conference is about to start.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by BigRon:
NL Cy Young Award Voting
Player  1st  2nd  3rd  Pts.
Tim Lincecum, SF  11  12  9  100
Chris Carpenter, STL  9  14  7  94
Adam Wainwright, STL  12  5  15  90

If the dope that left Carpenter off the ballot, for pitching 30 less innnings, had put him on, Carpenter wins. We need to find out who that was and send him a gift basket full of Giants paraphernalia.

I think it was Keith Law, can't be 100% positive on that though. He still wouldn't have won, I think it's a 5-3-1 system for the points. Even if the votes for Haren and Vasquez went to Carpenter in the exact same positions, they would have tied at the very least.

OOPS... just saw your post and you are correct about the voting. As far as Keith Law ... I thought only the beat writers had votes. Are you sure that Law has a vote?

Just found it:

Quote:
Two voters, Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus and Keith Law of ESPN.com, did not include Carpenter on their ballots.

Like you said, they would have tied if either one of them had put them on their ballots.

?????????? How would they have tied if either had put them on ballot? Carp finished 6 pts behind Lincy and 3rd place votes are just worth 1 pt. He would have needed a first and 2nd to win or a first and 3rd to tie.

Oh, s**t, you're right. My bad, wrong math. So basically it didn't even matter that Carpenter was left off, haha.
lol at the apology. I love this guy!
Timmy!!!

Actually, neither writer voted for him.

I had to post this even though I stole it:

Damn, Panda's straying from his new diet regimen already?

Congrats Timmy!
Quote:
This is absolutely ridiculous. Lincecum shouldn’t even have been considered, Waino and Carp had it in the bag. If Lincecum is so good what happened in the All Star game then? I know Lincecum is decent but not when compared to either Waino or Carp. This is sickening.

He's "decent"
Quote:
Agreed. If you look at all the stats, Lincecum was the 8th or 9th pitcher at best, and he still won!

• Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Quote:
This is absolutely ridiculous. Lincecum shouldn’t even have been considered, Waino and Carp had it in the bag. If Lincecum is so good what happened in the All Star game then? I know Lincecum is decent but not when compared to either Waino or Carp. This is sickening.

He's "decent"

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
THe crazy thing is, Linecum could have pitched so much better. He had some poor starts down the stretch.

If we get Lincecum some run support, he could win 5 straight Cy Youngs.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Thank god for sabermetrics,

Remember the 2005 AL Cy Young where Bartolo Colon won over Santana because he had 21 wins when Santana had a 0.97 WHIP lmfao
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by jrg:
Glad we have some Cub fans leaving Carpenter completely off their ballot.

so bitter james

Bitter? I think you being a Cubs fan can agree its RIDICULOUS that two guys didn't even mention Carpenter on their ballot. Most Giants fans here I'm sure will agree.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Excuses excuses. Shouldn't you be more disappointed Wainwright came in third after you were hyping him up more than anyone else?

Hyping who up? I wasn't hyping anybody up. I stated my opinion, thats all.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by luv49rs:

so bitter james

Bitter? I think you being a Cubs fan can agree its RIDICULOUS that two guys didn't even mention Carpenter on their ballot. Most Giants fans here I'm sure will agree.

I agree.

Carpenter and Timmy should have been co-Cy Youngs.
congrats to timmy lince, nobody deserves it more, he has the nastiest stuff in the majors and makes batters look silly dilly lol even if he smokes alot of pot lol.
Share 49ersWebzone