LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Dodger/Lakers................ 49ers fans?

Born and raised in OAKLAND, the city of dope LOL But I've been a 49er fan since my Dad screamed at the TV during "the Catch". I was 5 years old.

Being a fan of the Raiders never held my interest. Especially when they moved to LA, and their games aired at the same time that my 49ers did. I was forced to watch the 49ers by myself, as my older brother, my aunts, uncles, and cousins all dared me to come into the living room and try to turn the channel to "the whiners game". From there, my Raider hatred developed.

Otherwise, I love the A's, Warriors, and attend a couple of Sharks games each season. I actually have been to quite a few Giants' games since they moved into AT&T. But at each one, I'm sitting there, quietly rooting against them.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Giants
Niners
Nuggets
Navy

for the Navy team.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Giants
Niners
Nuggets
Navy

for the Navy team.

Only 3 Colleges I would have gone to out of High School. Navy, Stanford and AZ State. Navy has been my favorite for more years than the average zoner has been alive.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't see anything wrong with the Raiders or A's. I respect Raider fans and A's fans because at least their teams are in the Bay Area.

I know Giants fans who hate the A's because they beat us, but I was only 3 when that happened so meh.

There really is no football rivalry between the Raiders and the Niners though. When is the last time those two teams played a meaningful game
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't see anything wrong with the Raiders or A's. I respect Raider fans and A's fans because at least their teams are in the Bay Area.

I know Giants fans who hate the A's because they beat us, but I was only 3 when that happened so meh.

There really is no football rivalry between the Raiders and the Niners though. When is the last time those two teams played a meaningful game

yeah, I don't get the animosity either. I remember rooting for the A's in the early 70's as well as the raiders with Hendrix, Matusak, Belitnikof, Casper, and even before then with Warren Wells and the Mad Bomber, Lamonica.
Originally posted by crzy:

yeah, I don't get the animosity either. I remember rooting for the A's in the early 70's as well as the raiders with Hendrix, Matusak, Belitnikof, Casper, and even before then with Warren Wells and the Mad Bomber, Lamonica.

I think it's more the fans that piss me off, dealing with Raider/A's fans on the daily is annoying
I am a Laker-Niner fan.

Why? Well San Francisco does not have a basketball team and first and foremost I am a CaliforniaWest Coast fan.

To me the Rivalry with the East coast is much more imortant to me than localstate rivalries. And lets be real, if it were not for the Lakers the East Coast major sports teams would be eons ahead of the West Coast.

I HATE NEW YORK AND BOSTON
[ Edited by danimal on Aug 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM ]
Anyone born outside the Bay that is a Lakers fan probably jumped on the Niners bandwagon when we were doing really well back in the 80's. Bandwagon fans!!!

Me = NinerWarriorGiantsSharks
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Niner Fan
-
-
-
Cal Fan
-
-
-
Giants Fan
Warriors Fan/Pacers (I started watchin' basketball only because of Reggie Miller)
-
-
-
Sharks Fan

Most of the allegiances are influenced by a family member (mostly dad or grandfather or brother) so it's understandable because these ppl got brain-washed at a young age. But, as they grow older, they should figure it out and root for the right team.

Originally posted by Method:
Anyone born outside the Bay that is a Lakers fan probably jumped on the Niners bandwagon when we were doing really well back in the 80's. Bandwagon fans!!!

Yet we've been posting on this forum for the past 5 years, when we've been arguably the worst team in football. That doesn't really sound like bandwagoning to me.

Originally posted by nipplehead:
Originally posted by Method:

Yet we've been posting on this forum for the past 5 years, when we've been arguably the worst team in football. That doesn't really sound like bandwagoning to me.

• dman
  • Veteran
OK Northern California People we get it ... you don't like SoCal.

Let me guess, So Cal teams are "hella" s***y right?

Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
True San Franciscan here. 49ers, Giants Warriors. I gots no love for nothing L.A. And f*** Disneyland too!

Don't associate Disneyland with Los Angeles just because it's in SoCal. Technically, it's in Orange County - which I despise.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
True San Franciscan here. 49ers, Giants Warriors. I gots no love for nothing L.A. And f*** Disneyland too!

Don't associate Disneyland with Los Angeles just because it's in SoCal. Technically, it's in Orange County - which I despise.

Born and raised in Bay Area. Had season ticket for Niners throughout the 80s and saw many a game at the Stick for the Giants as early as the 60s. Warriors? I used to love them when Barry was there and went to many games.

Lived in So Cal since 1991 but will never ever be a fan of any team other than the Bay Area teams. Well.. pro teams that is. I always loved UCLA basketball from the time I was a kid.

Giants
Niners
Warriors
Sharks (although not a huge hockey fan)
Share 49ersWebzone