LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 411 users in the forums

Phillies Trade For Cliff Lee (Confirmed)

According to Foxsports....

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9866900/Sources:-Phils-reach-agreement-for-Indians%27-Lee

If this is true I have to say it's a pretty good deal for both clubs. The Phillies get a very good pitcher for only one top 50 prospect and some lesser players.

The Indians get a top 50 prospect that has ace potential, and 4 of Phillies top 10 prospects.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jul 29, 2009 at 11:22:43 ]
Phillies Land Pitcher Cliff Lee from the Indians!

[ Edited by PTulini on Jul 29, 2009 at 11:26:20 ]
Originally posted by PTulini:

Thanks P!

So it's confirmed. I have to say I'm impressed by the Phillies. They landed an ace without giving up any onf their 3 top 25 prospects.

The more I look at it the more I think Cleveland got a bad deal. They only got one really good prospect for last years Cy Young winner.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by PTulini:

Thanks P!

So it's confirmed. I have to say I'm impressed by the Phillies. They landed an ace without giving up any onf their 3 top 25 prospects.

The more I look at it the more I think Cleveland got a bad deal. They only got one really good prospect for last years Cy Young winner.

No problem man! Happy to help out. Yeah, I have to agree. The Phillies practically robbed the Indians for Cliff Lee! GOOD DEAL!!!
And the crazy thing is the Phillies still have the pieces to go after Halladay if they wanted to.

Imagine having to face a rotation of

Alladay
Lee
Hammals
Blanton

in a 7 game series.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Wow - Phillies are favorites in NL, imo.
And the crazy thing is the Phillies still have the pieces to go after Halladay if they wanted to.

Alladay
Lee
Hammals
Blanton

in a 7 game series.

I think they made this deal when they realized that there wasnt a shot at getting Halliday. Maybe I'm wrong and they will get him too but I doubt it. However, you are right... Halliday, Hammels, and Lee would be damn scary in a series.

Alladay
Lee
Hammals
Blanton

What about J.A. Happ (7-1) and Pedro Martinez

Hammels
Lee
Happ
Martinez/Blanton

Im stoked about this one....Go Phils.
Don't forget Joe Blanton. He's played very strong this season! You also can't forget crafty veteran Jaime Moyer either.

[ Edited by PTulini on Jul 29, 2009 at 11:47:30 ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Alladay
Lee
Hammals
Blanton

in a 7 game series.

I think they made this deal when they realized that there wasnt a shot at getting Halliday. Maybe I'm wrong and they will get him too but I doubt it. However, you are right... Halliday, Hammels, and Lee would be damn scary in a series.

I'm definitely not saying they had that in mind but I'm just throwing out that thought I had. Phillies have refused to give up their top prospects so I doubt they trade for Halladay but just a thought.

Excellent trade for Philly. The get an ace to help them in the postseason for this year and next and don't mortgage their future by trading any of their 3 top 25 prospects.

maybe that means the Dodgers will get Halladay
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoNiners:
maybe that means the Dodgers will get Halladay

I hope they over-pay like mofos to land Halladay.
Just a thought... The Phillies could move Pedro Martinez to the bullpen? He is getting older, it would keep him healthy, and Brad Lidge has struggled this year. Regardless, the Phils will need to do some shuffling in that pitching rotation.
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! ...all we need top do know is call up drabek and ill be happy lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Good move for the Phillies.
Share 49ersWebzone