LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

The United Football League (UFL) Thread.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_admiral:
So I guess the "draft" is tonight. I don't know what the exact process of picking players is. Apparently they sit around and figure out who should be where. Does anyone care if anybody in particular ends up in SF? Tim Rattay perhaps? Vick?

QB's are not included in the draft, they are already picked and saved somehow.

Go New York WHATEVERS!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by the_admiral:
So I guess the "draft" is tonight. I don't know what the exact process of picking players is. Apparently they sit around and figure out who should be where. Does anyone care if anybody in particular ends up in SF? Tim Rattay perhaps? Vick?

QB's are not included in the draft, they are already picked and saved somehow.

Go New York WHATEVERS!

Some QB's weren't included. The NFL put a strap on some of the QB's forbidding UFL teams from picking them. Shayne Boyd and Brooks Bollinger were drafted today. July 1st will be the date that UFL teams can start picking the rest of the QB's that are not protected.
w00t we got BJ Sams, it's over now son.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Here's the full breakdown of the 4 team rosters so far:

Las Vegas

DB | ARCHULETA, ADAM (ARIZONA STATE)
DE | AWASOM, ADRIAN (NORTH TEXAS)
P | BAUGHER, DANNY (ARIZONA)
OG | BOONE, JASON (UTAH)
NT | BRYANT, WENDELL (WISCONSIN-MADISON)
LB | BUTLER, EZRA (NEVADA)
DB | DADA, WALE (WASHINGTON STATE)
T | GAUSE, GEORGE (SOUTH CAROLINA)
DB | GAUSE, PAUL (SETON HALL)
K | JACAS, ANDREW (FORT VALLEY STATE)
TE | JACKSON, NATE (MENLO COLLEGE)
T | JOYCE, BRANDON (ILLINOIS STATE)
WR | KIRKUS, DAVID (GRAND VALLEY STATE)
TE | KUHN, SCOTT (LOUISVILLE)
NT | LONG, GABE (UTAH)
LB | MOORE, BRANDON (OKLAHOMA)
RB | PALMER, RONNIE (ARIZONA)
LB | STILLS, GARY (WEST VIRGINIA)
RB | THOMPSON, TYSON (SAN JOSE STATE)
WR | THURMAN, ANDRAE (SOUTHERN OREGON)
LB | TOAL, BRIAN (BOSTON COLLEGE)
DB | TURNBULL, NICK (FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL)
DB | WILLIAMS, CHAZ (OREGON)
RB | WHITEHEAD, TERRENCE (OREGON)

New York

QB | BACHER, CJ (NORTHWESTERN)
DB | BROWN, TREY (UCLA)
DB | CELESTIN, OLIVER (TEXAS SOUTHERN)
NT | CLEBERT, RICHARD (SOUTH FLORIDA)
DE | FOUNTAIN, MAURICE (CLEMSON)
TE | GHENT, RONNIE (LOUISVILLE)
RB | GROSS, TYRONNE (EASTERN OREGON)
T | GUTEKUNST, SAM (GERMANY)
C | HARVEY, JASPER (SAN DIEGO STATE)
QB | JOHNSON, BRIAN (UTAH)
WR | KINOs**tA, NORIAKI (JAPAN)
DB | LOFTON, DAVID (STANFORD)
LB | MAGRO, MARC (WEST VIRGINIA)
DB | MAZE, TERELL (SAN DIEGO STATE)
T | NORELL, RAY (BUFFALO)
T | PRUNEDA, RAMIRO (MONTEREY TECH)
RB | RUBIN, JOE (PORTLAND STATE)
WR | SANDERS, STEVE (BOWLING GREEN)
RB | SAPP, CECIL (COLORADO STATE)
NT | SAVE, BRYAN (COLORADO STATE)
DE | SPICER, MICHALE (WESTERN CAROLINA)
RB | TOEFIELD, LABRANDON (LSU)
LB | WILLIAMS, NATHAN (MURRAY STATE)
RB | WOODS, SHANNON (TEXAS TECH)

Orlando
NT | BLEDSOE, FRED (ARKANSAS)
QB | BOLLINGER, BROOKS (WISCONSIN)
FB | CRUZ, RONNIE (NORTHERN STATE-SD)
DB | DOSS, MIKE (OHIO STATE)
DB | FASSITT, GREG (GRAMBLING)
WR | GESSNER, CHAS (BROWN)
TE | HEINRICH, KEITH (SAM HOUSTON STATE)
NT | LONG, RIEN (WASHINGTON STATE)
DB | MASON, GRANT (MICHIGAN)
LB | MCGARIGLE, TIM (NORTHWESTERN)
RB | PERRY, CHRIS (MICHIGAN)
T | PETITTI, ROB (PITTSBURGH)
OG | PILLAR, ZACK (FLORIDA)
DE | POWELL, ERIC (FLORIDA STATE)
LB | SCHLEGEL, ANTHONY (OHIO STATE)
DE | SCHOBEL, BO (TCU)
WR | THOMPSON, DOMINIQUE (WILLIAM & MARY)
CB | TRIBBLE, DEJUAN (BOSTON COLLEGE)
NT | TRIPPLETT, LARRY (WASHINGTON)
DB | VINNETT, DARIUS (ARKANSAS)
T | WAND, SETH (NORTHWEST MISSOURI ST)
TE | WIGGINS, JERMAINE (GEORGIA)
RB | WILSON, QUINCY (WEST VIRGINIA)
DB | WRIGHT, TJ (OHIO UNIVERSITY)

San Francisco

FB | ARMSTRONG, ODIE (NW OKLAHOMA ST)
RB | AYANBADEJO, FEMI (SAN DIEGO STATE)
QB | BOYD, SHANE (KENTUCKY)
WR | BRACKINS, LARRY (PEARL RIVER CC)
LS | BROWN, KAI (BROWN)
QB | DIETZ, BRETT (HANOVER)
WR | FITZGERALD, MARCUS (MARSHALL)
DE | GUNN, MARQUIES (AUBURN)
RB | HUTSONA, DARRELL (WASHINGTON STATE)
LB | KWATENG, PRINCE (NORTHWESTERN)
TE | LEDBETTER, BRANDEN (WESTERN MICHIGAN)
T | LEKKERKERKER, CORY (CALIFORNIA-DAVIS)
LB | MARTIN, JOE (SAN DIEGO STATE)
QB | O’HAGAN, LIAM (HARVARD)
T | RIMPF, BRIAN (EAST CAROLINA)
WR | SAMS, BJ (MCNEESE STATE)
T | STAMPER, BRIAN (VANDERBILT)
NT | STEWART, JASON (FRESNO STATE)
DE | SUGGS, DAMON (GEORGIA SOUTHERN)
DB | TREAUDO, AHMAD (SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY)
DB | UNDERWOOD, MARVIEL (SAN DIEGO STATE)
DB | UNERTL, JEREMY (WISCONSIN-LA CROSSE)
RB | WASHINGTON, JOHN DAVID (MOREHOUSE)
WR | WEST, JOE (TEXAS EL-PASO)
Jason Boone OG...hm any relation?

-9fA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Our roster sucks!!! I love what Las Vegas is doing.
is there gunna be a los angeles team anytime soon????
This guy is the sh*t.

WR | KINOs**tA, NORIAKI (JAPAN)

New York got themselves a steal right here. This guy was a first round talent can't believe he slipped that far.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jun 19, 2009 at 00:51:32 ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I will buy a New York WHATEVERS jersey when the come out, if the colors are good.

I heard they were going to wear black.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by cestmoi:
I will root for whoever Graham Harrell plays for.

Is he going to play in that league??

Damn only 4 teams, that's like a 8 game season, I hope more cities get involved. Would love to watch football around the year.

I heard the games are going to be during the nfl months but that they will be played on Thursday nights.

-9fA

That sucks!!!

They need to have it in the off-season so they don't have to share the spot light.

Their reasoning was that football is typically thought of as an autumn-winter sport so it's best to have it during those months.

-9fA

True plus they want to eventually work with the NFL. By doing it this way guys like Harrell who didn't get drafted still have there opportunity to go to the NFL. Imagine if this league started in April? That would mean they would have to get lesser players b/c many of the college guys would pass on playing in hopes of getting drafted by the NFL. Most of those players would rather do individual workouts or whatever they have to do to improve there NFL draft prospects. I don't see many players throwing that chance away to go play in a new league with only 4 teams. So it's better this way b/c they get to pick out of the guys who didn't get drafted while at the same time not pissing off the NFL. That way if you league works on a smaller scale they could possibly become the NFL's minor league instead of trying to right out compete against them. So maybe the Niners could send Davis to play there for an 2/3 games then come back to the NFl roster.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:

Damn only 4 teams, that's like a 8 game season, I hope more cities get involved. Would love to watch football around the year.

I heard the games are going to be during the nfl months but that they will be played on Thursday nights.

-9fA

That sucks!!!

They need to have it in the off-season so they don't have to share the spot light.

Their reasoning was that football is typically thought of as an autumn-winter sport so it's best to have it during those months.

-9fA

True plus they want to eventually work with the NFL. By doing it this way guys like Harrell who didn't get drafted still have there opportunity to go to the NFL. Imagine if this league started in April? That would mean they would have to get lesser players b/c many of the college guys would pass on playing in hopes of getting drafted by the NFL. Most of those players would rather do individual workouts or whatever they have to do to improve there NFL draft prospects. I don't see many players throwing that chance away to go play in a new league with only 4 teams. So it's better this way b/c they get to pick out of the guys who didn't get drafted while at the same time not pissing off the NFL. That way if you league works on a smaller scale they could possibly become the NFL's minor league instead of trying to right out compete against them. So maybe the Niners could send Davis to play there for an 2/3 games then come back to the NFl roster.

So in other words it would be the minor league of the NFL.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Brian Johnson FTW!

Pretty much. In a way, it's a sort of replacement for NFL Europe.

-9fA

-9fA

That sucks!!!

-9fA

Well yeah for now that's what it's going to have to be. You can't expect a brand new league to get a whole bunch of people to ditch the NFL for it. I'm guessing the hope is that eventually that instead of being 7th round draft picks and undrafted they cold instead be high round picks of the UFL and potentially be stars in that league until better and better players start moving over until it's comporable to the NFL.

But for me, I hope it never gets that far.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

-9fA

That sucks!!!

-9fA

Well yeah for now that's what it's going to have to be. You can't expect a brand new league to get a whole bunch of people to ditch the NFL for it. I'm guessing the hope is that eventually that instead of being 7th round draft picks and undrafted they cold instead be high round picks of the UFL and potentially be stars in that league until better and better players start moving over until it's comporable to the NFL.

But for me, I hope it never gets that far.

No but that's what I was hoping for. We need a league where teams can allocate players to be developed. No league is EVER going to take over the NFL, too much money is involved. The NFL has a handle of all the top players in college. The UFL will never stand between that.
Share 49ersWebzone