LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Away goals in Soccer

Away goals in Soccer

• Sergi
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by redrose49er:
The rule has been in place for a long time, I doubt it will be changed in the future. The thinking behind the away goal rule is to encourage away teams to score. It would be too easy to put 9/10 men behind the ball and defend all game, killing the spectacle. Grabbing an away goal makes the home team more adventurous, ironically crerating more chances for the away team. There are some occasions, such as Chelsea v Barca, when the away team scores a very late goal and snatches the win but both teams know the rules at kick-off.

You r right, I'm from Barcelona and I'm agree with u.

This is the goal you said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK-6PQWSOu4

Voices of RAC1 radio, Barcelona fans.

[ Edited by Sergi on Oct 12, 2009 at 06:09:38 ]
  • Money
Chelsea were dominant over both legs and deserved to advance. But a little magic from Iniesta in the last minute and Barca march on to the finals. Chelsea was robbed, but I still like this format. It makes for some wonderful drama.

If you havn't sat down and watched two legs played out in this format than your not really educated enough to say if you like it or not. Now you might watch every match of the CL and decide that you don't like the aggregate rule and that fine. But you really do need to watch the games to get a feel for the tension/hope it provides.
Originally posted by Money:
Chelsea were dominant over both legs and deserved to advance. But a little magic from Iniesta in the last minute and Barca march on to the finals. Chelsea was robbed, but I still like this format. It makes for some wonderful drama.

If you havn't sat down and watched two legs played out in this format than your not really educated enough to say if you like it or not. Now you might watch every match of the CL and decide that you don't like the aggregate rule and that fine. But you really do need to watch the games to get a feel for the tension/hope it provides.

I've watched thousands of these games, and I'm the OP of this thread
This rule is in place to encourage road team to play more attacking football. In previous years, road teams would sit back and play for the 0-0 tie and hope to win the home game. It lead to terrible football. This rule makes alot of sense as the increased value of the road goal leads to more attacking road teams and a far more open game.
  • Money
Originally posted by Conejo:

I've watched thousands of these games, and I'm the OP of this thread

Yeah I wasn't really speaking about you, more so to people who hear about the rule for the first time and judge it and soccer/football right away.

If you havn't sat down and watched two legs played out in this format than your not really educated enough to say if you like it or not.

Dude, I hope you aren't serious with this statement. Who the hell is anybody to say that somebody can't say if they like something or not?
  • Money
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

If you havn't sat down and watched two legs played out in this format than your not really educated enough to say if you like it or not.

Dude, I hope you aren't serious with this statement. Who the hell is anybody to say that somebody can't say if they like something or not?

WTF? Its like if I asked you "Do you like to eat Foie Gras?" And you ask me what's Foie Gras? And I tell you its a fattened Duck/Goose Liver. And you say 'Yukky, no I don't like that'
Well how do you know? You havn't expierienced Foie.
Share 49ersWebzone