There are 297 users in the forums

2009 NBA Finals thread

I really wish Nelson was playing, I've liked him since St Jospehs

[ Edited by teeohh on May 31, 2009 at 00:21:03 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Lakers in 5 or 6.... if not the lakers shouldnt even be an NBA team anymore... I honestly think it could be a sweep...

i hope you're drunk or something

He's not...unless he is drunk every time he posts.

jk

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 31, 2009 at 00:22:05 ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i don't see how anyone could say this series is going to be a sweep or go 5 games.
Originally posted by ritchie:
Goes both ways though, Rashard and Turkeyglue can pull those big guys of yours outside on the perimeter, leaving the block for D-12.

Magic could definitely use the quickness of Jameer this series, he would've run circles around Fish, and is too strong for Farmar/Brown.

He's not too strong for Brown. That dude's a brick s**thouse. He is my mancrush this year the way that Ariza was in last year's playoffs.

Shard will pull our bigs outside (Turk doesn't play the 4), but I'm saying that we're more equipped than most teams are to deal with it. He'll give Pau problems when it's Pau/Bynum together, but we can exploit that matchup on the other end too. Against Varejao, he couldn't guard the perimeter OR post Shard up.

When Odom's at PF, he's a lot more of a perimeter player. He's actually our 2 guard in the triangle, believe it or not. He's a lot better equipped to deal with a guy like Shard than most 4's are, and has more success against guys like him, but struggles with "bruisers".

Shard will definitely win some battles, but I don't think it's as big of a mismatch as Orlando is used to having there.

BTW, thanks angel.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 31, 2009 at 00:24:59 ]
lakers in 6
anyone see the video where nelson says he could play in the finals?

would be cool, i doubt it though
i don't see how anyone could say this series is going to be a sweep or go 5 games.

Stranger things have happened.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

maybe i'm being a homer. just sounds crazy to me.

maybe i'm being a homer. just sounds crazy to me.

Yes, you're a homer. And yes, that would be pretty crazy, but as I said, stranger things have happened.
yes lakers in 3

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Goes both ways though, Rashard and Turkeyglue can pull those big guys of yours outside on the perimeter, leaving the block for D-12.

Magic could definitely use the quickness of Jameer this series, he would've run circles around Fish, and is too strong for Farmar/Brown.

He's not too strong for Brown. That dude's a brick s**thouse. He is my mancrush this year the way that Ariza was in last year's playoffs.

Shard will pull our bigs outside (Turk doesn't play the 4), but I'm saying that we're more equipped than most teams are to deal with it. He'll give Pau problems when it's Pau/Bynum together, but we can exploit that matchup on the other end too. Against Varejao, he couldn't guard the perimeter OR post Shard up.

When Odom's at PF, he's a lot more of a perimeter player. He's actually our 2 guard in the triangle, believe it or not. He's a lot better equipped to deal with a guy like Shard than most 4's are, and has more success against guys like him, but struggles with "bruisers".

Shard will definitely win some battles, but I don't think it's as big of a mismatch as Orlando is used to having there.

BTW, thanks angel.

Enlighten me Pete.

How will the Lakers get away with playing Odom so many minutes? When it's him on the floor, Pau is the C, correct? Howard on Pau, D12 would tap that ass every time (I mean I haven't seen much from him on the defensive end that makes me think D12 won't win that matchup 9 times out of 10) You got a better chance playing Bynum on D12, but then where's Odom?

I think the Lakers are the better team, but the 3-5 matchup will be interesting because if Turk and Lewis continue to hit well, and you guys somehow don't manage to contain D12, this series could go 7 deep, and I really don't think you guys want that

Lakers in 6, don't ask me how
Lakers in 5.

(mainly because that has been my guess for every LA series this year, but 1 more sounds right, IMO)

ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!! YYAYAYAYAYAYAYYA
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

BTW, thanks angel.

And I disagree. I think Jameer can definitely take Brown based on strength. Brown maybe a brick sh*thouse, but Jameer was a friggin cannonball...those things usually break brickhouses . Pound for pound, Jameer is one of the strongest players in the L. I will give the athleticism advantage to Brown though, that guy is freakishly athletic and it pains me to see that you get another player fitting in your rotation all the while giving up a guy who didn't fit. Anyways, its beside the point now, Jameer ain't playing and Brown wasnt with the Lakers yet when these two met up in the regular season.

You had mentioned Lamar, and I think (and I'm not probably alone in this) he is the key to the series. While the magic don't have a traditional 4, when the Magic go small, you'll usually see Hedo slide on over, the guy can play multiple positions anyway, but yeah, I'd say he's more of a point forward. His size though is an advantage on the wing.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ahh, its finally here.

And I got my wish..Lakers/Magic Finals.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Ahh, its finally here.

And I got my wish..Lakers/Magic Finals.

Share 49ersWebzone