New York Mets 2009 Regular Season thread

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by King49er:
this thread died off lol

7 straight...

Lowe vs. Santana tomorrow night, should be a good one.

Was a good pitchers duel my braves got the win

Yeah, Lowe pitched well, once again we can't score any runs for Johan, they were showing the stats on Baseball Tonight, apparently he gets the least run support of any starting pitcher in baseball...

Wow, and one would think the Giants pitching staff would top that list.

I'm pretty sure Randy Johnson was second on the list...
this thread died off lol

7 straight...

Yeah, Lowe pitched well, once again we can't score any runs for Johan, they were showing the stats on Baseball Tonight, apparently he gets the least run support of any starting pitcher in baseball...

I hate the mets but johan is a bad motha shut you mouth, he has only given up something like 4 earned runs in 46 innings
this thread died off lol

7 straight...

I hate the mets but johan is a bad motha shut you mouth, he has only given up something like 4 earned runs in 46 innings

Yeah he lost last night and lowered his ERA to 0.78.

Tonight should be a decent matchup as well, Jurrjens and Pelfrey.
this thread died off lol

7 straight...

yeah it should be, its no where near as bad as johan but jurrjens hasnt been getting much run support either he has been pitching pretty good this year though, should be another good game
this thread died off lol

7 straight...

yeah it should be, its no where near as bad as johan but jurrjens hasnt been getting much run support either he has been pitching pretty good this year though, should be another good game

And we got lucky, Beltran was definitely out at third, but I'm calling it karma for the David Wright call earlier in the game...

Should be plenty of runs in today's game, I'm hoping Jon Niese pitches as well as he did in his first start last week.
Mets-Giants this weekend. Looking forward to the series.

Thursday, May 14 Tickets AT&T Park | 7:15 PM PT
NYM John Maine, RHP (3-2, 4.54)
Mets (18-14) @ SF Jonathan Sanchez, LHP (1-3, 4.78)
Giants (18-14)

Scouting Report:
Mets: Despite what he called an awful bullpen session, which translated into awful stuff during the game, Maine managed to hold the Pirates to one run in six innings last Saturday. He was not particularly pleased with the outing, which required 102 pitches to complete -- but Maine is a difficult man to please. He will look for improvement against the Giants, a team he held to a .214 average in 10 2/3 innings last season, and to whom he has never lost in three career starts.

Giants: Sanchez has made one quality start in five tries, so he needs some instant results. He recorded a 9.00 ERA in his last two starts and worked only nine innings in that span. The good news for Sanchez is that he's returning home, where he hasn't yielded an earned run all year. He has surrendered just a pair of unearned runs in 11 2/3 innings over two starts at AT&T Park. Sanchez has made four appearances against the Mets in his caareer, posting a 2-1 mark with a 3.55 ERA.

Friday, May 15 Tickets AT&T Park | 7:15 PM PT
NYM Livan Hernandez, RHP (3-1, 5.08)
Mets (18-14) @ SF Tim Lincecum, RHP (3-1, 3.25)
Giants (18-14)

Scouting Report:
Mets: Despite allowing 11 baserunners in six innings, Hernandez permitted just two to score on Sunday against the Pirates -- and his offense gave him enough support to parlay that into a victory. Hernandez has now won two successive decisions, giving the Mets a measure of consistency -- if not complete reliability -- at the back end of their rotation. His next start comes against one of his seven former teams, the Giants, who hit Hernandez at a .301 clip over 18 2/3 innings last season. Hernandez was 1-1 in those three starts.

Giants: Lincecum has won his last three decisions, although his most recent outing -- Sunday at Dodger Stadium -- resulted in a no-decision. The right-hander allowed four runs (three earned) in six innings, which seemed uncharacteristic of the National League's reigning Cy Young Award winner. But Lincecum also walked only one and struck out eight, giving him 48 strikeouts and seven walks in 36 innings spanning his last five starts. Lincecum owns a 6-0 record in 12 career starts during May.

Saturday, May 16 Tickets AT&T Park | 1:10 PM PT
NYM Johan Santana, LHP (4-2, 0.78)
Mets (18-14) @ SF Randy Johnson, LHP (3-3, 5.89)
Giants (18-14)

Scouting Report:
Mets: The Mets' poor defense and poorer support undermined Santana in his most recent start, against the Braves Monday. He allowed two runs, neither was earned, in 6 1/3 innings. He wasn't as sharp as he had been in previous starts, but what did it matter? The Mets scored more runs than they had in four of his six previous starts, but only one before Santana was removed. Now he faces the Giants against whom he pitched five scoreless innings in one appearance last season. He won that game, his lone decision in three career starts against San Francisco. He has a 2.03 ERA in 13 1/3 innings. Bengie Molina has two home runs and a .440 average in 25 at-bats against Santana, who never has started against Randy Johnson.

Giants: Johnson wasn't at his best while picking up career win No. 298 on Monday with a victory over the visiting Nationals, allowing four runs on eight hits -- including three home runs -- over five-plus innings. But there were several moments when he flashed vintage Big Unit form, as evidenced by his season-high-tying nine strikeouts and a fastball that was consistently clocked at 92 mph on the in-house radar gun. Johnson didn't face the Mets last season; he's 6-6 with a 3.79 ERA in 15 career appearances against them.

Sunday, May 17 Tickets AT&T Park | 5:00 PM PT
NYM Mike Pelfrey, RHP (4-0, 4.89)
Mets (18-14) @ SF Zito
Giants (18-14)

Scouting Report:
Mets: From 7.20 to 8.10 to 6.32 to 6.00 to 5.46 to 4.89. Pelfrey's ERA is shrinking now. He no longer winces at the sight of it. He gave his best 2009 performance to date Tuesday in seven innings against the Braves. With his secondary pitches working better than they had, he surrendered six hits and a walk and -- finally, after most of three starts -- he struck out a batter, actually three before his workday ended. Now he opposes team he has faced once previously. He pitched seven scoreless innings against them in a game he won last July. Current members of the Giants roster have merely 27 at-bats and five hits against him combined.
this thread died off lol

7 straight...

And we got lucky, Beltran was definitely out at third, but I'm calling it karma for the David Wright call earlier in the game...

Should be plenty of runs in today's game, I'm hoping Jon Niese pitches as well as he did in his first start last week.

yeah he was out, but even it was karma there is no way we should lose on a bases loaded walk, that is the worst way to lose a game in my opinion, i hate it when teams lose on a bases loaded walk, even when you guys walked in andruw jones that sent us to the world series i hated winning that way
this thread died off lol

7 straight...

yeah he was out, but even it was karma there is no way we should lose on a bases loaded walk, that is the worst way to lose a game in my opinion, i hate it when teams lose on a bases loaded walk, even when you guys walked in andruw jones that sent us to the world series i hated winning that way

I feel your pain, we've already lost a game this season on a bases loaded walk, if f**king sucks...

I wouldn't prefer to win on a bases loaded walk, but I'll take a win however I can get it.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Big win last night.

I love guys like Santos, Tatis, and Reed. Those guys come to play every single night, whether they get in the game or not. SP has been much better lately. Hopefully, Ollie can get his head on straight and make it even deeper.
Originally posted by SLICK:
Big win last night.

I love guys like Santos, Tatis, and Reed. Those guys come to play every single night, whether they get in the game or not. SP has been much better lately. Hopefully, Ollie can get his head on straight and make it even deeper.

I don't know about Ollie because I'm not sure how much the tendinitis in his knee was affecting his delivery. I just hope Niese can pitch well in his stead. I like Santos and Tatis a lot, I think Santos is going to be our starting catcher of the future.

• SLICK
  • Veteran
Big win last night.

I don't know about Ollie because I'm not sure how much the tendinitis in his knee was affecting his delivery. I just hope Niese can pitch well in his stead. I like Santos and Tatis a lot, I think Santos is going to be our starting catcher of the future.

I'm willing to bet that the "tendinitis" is in head. We'll see tho. Niese is getting rocked early. Looks like it could be a shootout.
Big win last night.

I'm willing to bet that the "tendinitis" is in head. We'll see tho. Niese is getting rocked early. Looks like it could be a shootout.

I had a feeling this game was gonna be a shootout, and Fernando Tatis is a beast..
Big win last night.

I had a feeling this game was gonna be a shootout, and Fernando Tatis is a beast..

fernando tatis is now one of my most hated players, isnt he the guy who hit 2 grand slams in one inning i think when he was with baltimore
Big win last night.

fernando tatis is now one of my most hated players, isnt he the guy who hit 2 grand slams in one inning i think when he was with baltimore

That would be him, he was with the Cardinals at the time. Both grand slams came off of Chan Ho Park.
Big win last night.

That would be him, he was with the Cardinals at the time. Both grand slams came off of Chan Ho Park.

seriously why in the hell was he in there 2 give up to grand slams
Share 49ersWebzone