LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Official 2009 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by King49er:
i dont even wanna watch the game tonight damn halladay is gone run through our lineup quick

i can pray come chipper hit a home run every time off of DOC

He's worth watching,he's the best pitcher baseball has to offer right now

braves phils and mets beat the jays yanks and sox

and the braves won a nice pitchers duel between Halladay and Kawakami

1-0

I can't believe Boston and New York both lost as well lol
i dont even wanna watch the game tonight damn halladay is gone run through our lineup quick

1-0

What a game last night. Hopefully thats just the beginning for Kawakami.
Originally posted by tn_niner:

1-0

What a game last night. Hopefully thats just the beginning for Kawakami.

He looked great,you would never have guessed he was gonna pitch like that with the numbers he had coming into the game.

I tip my cap to him
Sigh...wasted opportunities...

Millar whiffs with the bases loaded and one out in the 9th down by one. A few weeks ago those were gimmes for us.

We absolutely need to take tomorrow's game and build some momentum before heading home for a day's rest, a pep-talk by Cito, and some hitting guru work from Tenace before our homestand with the Sox. We gotta take two of three against the Sox to earn back some respect in the East.
Well, Pap-smear-bon blowing the game for the Sox tonight is SOME consolation...but how 'bout them Yanks? Goodness...
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
Sigh...wasted opportunities...

Millar whiffs with the bases loaded and one out in the 9th down by one. A few weeks ago those were gimmes for us.

We absolutely need to take tomorrow's game and build some momentum before heading home for a day's rest, a pep-talk by Cito, and some hitting guru work from Tenace before our homestand with the Sox. We gotta take two of three against the Sox to earn back some respect in the East.

Yes braves took the first 2games
You guys are going up against jurrjens 2morrow he has been pitching lights out this year its gonna be another good game 2morrow
Muhahahaha Keep up the good work Jays.
Damn you, MT...

The thing about the Yanks is that, despite A-Rod being such an incredible ass of a human being and a prima donna cheat, you guys are just so damn different (better) with him in your line-up...(except for the post-season). With that star-studded line-up of yours, you guys're gonna have a few of these surges this year, especially when your rotation of C.C., Petitte, Burnett, and Wang are running are full cylinders...scary...
It's hard to watch your team in a slump when they started off so great,I still think the Jays are good,but they better get they're s**t together and fast
sweep by the braves

good series for us hopefully we build on it

go braves

sweep by the braves

go braves

For sure,you guys played some good baseball,it was tough to watch this series because I've always had a spot in my heart for the Braves dating back to 1991.

Good series,the Jays suck hard right now
sweep by the braves

go braves

This is the kind of baseball I've been waiting to see from Atlanta. They didn't just depend on Chipper to do it for em. They played as a team and all contributed. That and Brian McCann's 2 HR's didn't hurt either.
We still have the 2nd most wins in the entire MLB,how is that possible?
Well, we WERE playing some lights-out baseball. It still amazes me that through the first thrity games or so, we were winning without Rios and Wells contributing their fair share. Now, it's all coming apart. The youngsters aren't suprising anyone anymore, our middle-to-late relievers are giving up chunks of runs, and no semblance whatsoever of timly hitting. Millar whiffing on that gimme with the tying run at third and one out on Saturday night is just a play that we need to make.

I do have a good feeling about the next week, though. If Tallet can give us five or six good innings tommorrow, we can win that one. Here's to hoping that young Ricky "Romeo" Romero can bring back some of that young excitement and pull out Tuesday night's game. Then, in the season finale, you bet your ass that Halladay won't get out-dueled two games in a row. After that, home sweet home against the Bo-Sox again. Again, a pity that they won't be seeing Hallday next weekend, but, hopefully, the home crowd can give us a boost so we don't get swept again...
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
Well, we WERE playing some lights-out baseball. It still amazes me that through the first thrity games or so, we were winning without Rios and Wells contributing their fair share. Now, it's all coming apart. The youngsters aren't suprising anyone anymore, our middle-to-late relievers are giving up chunks of runs, and no semblance whatsoever of timly hitting. Millar whiffing on that gimme with the tying run at third and one out on Saturday night is just a play that we need to make.

I do have a good feeling about the next week, though. If Tallet can give us five or six good innings tommorrow, we can win that one. Here's to hoping that young Ricky "Romeo" Romero can bring back some of that young excitement and pull out Tuesday night's game. Then, in the season finale, you bet your ass that Halladay won't get out-dueled two games in a row. After that, home sweet home against the Bo-Sox again. Again, a pity that they won't be seeing Hallday next weekend, but, hopefully, the home crowd can give us a boost so we don't get swept again...

I want first place back
Share 49ersWebzone