2009 SF Giants thread

Todays highlights:

Randy Johnson strikes out 7 in 3 innings

Pablo Sandoval- 2 run jack

Eugenio Velez- 2 for 4 with a homerun, two runs scored, and 2 rbis

Guzman- 1 for 1 today with an rbi

J. Wald- 2 for 2 with a run and an rbi
quick question....

what is our projected lineup looking like as of today for the start of the season?
Originally posted by FGore2121:
quick question....

what is our projected lineup looking like as of today for the start of the season?

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

possible switching of Sandoval and Molina

[ Edited by 49ersAREMYLIFE on Mar 3, 2009 at 16:36:35 ]
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Ya.. thats probably it. Lewis and Molina 3-4
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Yep. I rememeber hearing that they wanted to keep Lewis high so his speed is still usable.

I think it would be a sick line-up if we could one day have...

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Not sure where gillaspie or kieschnick fits in all that

Now that I think about it, we might be better served keeping Sandoval behind the plate and using Posey's versatility to get as many bats in the lineup as possible.

[ Edited by 49ersAREMYLIFE on Mar 3, 2009 at 17:01:27 ]
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

I'm looking forward to seeing how Freddie's improved. He's supposedly added more muscle this year.

But I agree, Freddie and Money aren't ideal 3-4s at all.
Originally posted by ritchie:
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

I'm looking forward to seeing how Freddie's improved. He's supposedly added more muscle this year.

But I agree, Freddie and Money aren't ideal 3-4s at all.

also removed a FAT bunion (sp?) that apparently hurt like hell
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Kinda makes you feel all tingly inside, don't it?

No more Manny talk. Signed with Dodgers. TIme to move on from that one which was always a huge longshot anyway.

Oops ESPN screwed up. Not official yet.

[ Edited by ninerfaninLA on Mar 3, 2009 at 20:23:15 ]
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Yep. I rememeber hearing that they wanted to keep Lewis high so his speed is still usable.

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Now that I think about it, we might be better served keeping Sandoval behind the plate and using Posey's versatility to get as many bats in the lineup as possible.

Lets hope that the Giants get a stud OF in this Junes draft. Fairly has upside but seems to have started slowly. I wouldn't be crazy about a Lewis, Fairly, Schierhotz OF for the future. That is the one area they will really need to improve in my opinion.

• Riot
  • Veteran
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Lets hope that the Giants get a stud OF in this Junes draft. Fairly has upside but seems to have started slowly. I wouldn't be crazy about a Lewis, Fairly, Schierhotz OF for the future. That is the one area they will really need to improve in my opinion.

I was under the assumption that Donovan Tate was the frontrunner for the Giants' pick. He's a prep player though, they might look to someone from college they can bring up faster like Buster Posey.
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Well kieschnick is supposed to be an OF so maybe we got something there, but I wouldn't be opposed to some OF help. Im still not really sure where Gillaspie is gonna go...
Originally posted by Riot:
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

I was under the assumption that Donovan Tate was the frontrunner for the Giants' pick. He's a prep player though, they might look to someone from college they can bring up faster like Buster Posey.

Tate would be a logical pick for the Giants if he is still available. He has a huge arm, great speed, and a potential 4 skill player. The Braves are hoping beyond all hope that the Giants do not take him so they can pick the local kid a pick later. Yes.. I think he could very well be the Giants pick.
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Well kieschnick is supposed to be an OF so maybe we got something there, but I wouldn't be opposed to some OF help. Im still not really sure where Gillaspie is gonna go...

Kieschnick is an outfielder with power. It will really depend on his plate discipline as he progresses through the minors. He strikes out a lot! He seems to be a Rob Deer kind of player if you are old enough to remember him on the Giants.

I would not be surprised to see Gillsepe eventually move to 2b. He lacks the power to be a true power corner hitter.
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Kieschnick is an outfielder with power. It will really depend on his plate discipline as he progresses through the minors. He strikes out a lot! He seems to be a Rob Deer kind of player if you are old enough to remember him on the Giants.

I would not be surprised to see Gillsepe eventually move to 2b. He lacks the power to be a true power corner hitter.

Nope, not old enough to remember Deer, only 24.

I would be down with Gillaspie at 2B
Share 49ersWebzone