49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 781 users in the forums

Reinforcements returning after Week 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 707Niners:
You know who the Core is, I shouldn't have to name names on who the Core players are lol none of those player were the core nor have they contributed enough yet. Robinson & Stribling will be back this season, so having them during the stretch will be huge. Nick Martin was slated to start next to Dre & Fred before his injury. He plays very fast downhill, and playing alongside those two will only help his game, and I could see them use him in the base formation. Nate Hobbs is one of the better Slot Corners in the league and in this Raheem Morris should be very interesting how he could be used especially with how solid he is in Run Defense. Hes just not good playing outside, He has 43 starts under his belt, so yea it's a solid addition to the Defense. I'm just not worried about the injuries (yet) because I don't feel like the injuries we've had is gonna affect how the team performs. I believe we have the guys that can get called up and perform while some of the guys heal up (Watkins, Givens, Jackson, Valdez).

Pearsall, Stribling, Robinson definitely were "slated" to take significant snaps. Collins was a starter going into the season, idk about Okuayinonu but with the lack of DTs he'd be nice. Tonges was on the rise.

Where did you see Martin as our #3 LBer? Stout is our slot you want Hobbs over him? Kirk might have been cut to make room for "reinforcements" if we didn't have 3 significant injuries to our WRs group. He was the 6th best wr at best behind Evans, Pearsall, Stribling, Deebo, and Robinson. Then you have Watkins and Cowing who I don't think they cut in favor of Kirk
Originally posted by 707Niners:
DE/DT: Mykel Williams - This is by far the most important addition to the team during the season, his run stopping ability will be massive once he returns. Team said they could've had him return before Week 4, but wanted to play it safe. Really look forward to seeing him alongside Bosa, Halton & Osa.

WR: Christian Kirk - With Stribling out 10 weeks & Robinson our for 4-5 weeks having Kirk back is really huge for this team, he looked great in the Playoffs last season, and i think he'll look great in this Offense with Purdy playing Point Guard. Until Kirk is eligible to play, I expect Watkins to be called up in the meantime. He had a pretty solid Preseason Catching 13 Balls for 164yds.

CB: Nate Hobbs - I was excited to see Nate in this Defense, but idk if they'll have a spot for him on the 48. We've been rollin with 4 CB's every game with Prysock being inactive and i dont think they'll put him in over Neal who's huge on Special Teams.

LB: Nick Martin - Nick was slated to start next to Fred & Dre, and with how aggressive he plays downhill I was really excited to see that. I think they'll do that on Base Formations still at times, but i think it'll be hard to give him more playing time than Duggar.

Lynch & Shanahan have done an amazing job with this roster. Right now our biggest need with the Injuries is the D-Line. I wouldn't be surprised if we bring back Leonard Floyd & then also trade for someone, but they have been proactive bringin dudes in, and now that Thompson is out we'll most likely see the Veteran McKinnley Jackson or Kevin Givens called up. Even though the WR Room has taken some hits I'm still comfortable with the youngins (Cowing, Hodge, Watkins) behind Evans & Deebo until Stribling, Robinson & even Kirk returns.

I'd like to see us make a splash trade for an edge rusher, and i think a possibility would be Khalil Mack. The Chargers are already 0-2 and are about to start the hardest stretch of schedule in the NFL. I don't see them making the Playoffs at all, Mack is on a 1 year Deal & would cost $8 Million against the Cap. It keeps him in California and allows him to be able to possibly play for a Lombardi. We've shown interest on multiple occasions and would not be surprised if a we see a Trade notification for him.

Nick Martin is not the next fred or dre.
Originally posted by Since07:
Pearsall, Stribling, Robinson definitely were "slated" to take significant snaps. Collins was a starter going into the season, idk about Okuayinonu but with the lack of DTs he'd be nice. Tonges was on the rise.

Where did you see Martin as our #3 LBer? Stout is our slot you want Hobbs over him? Kirk might have been cut to make room for "reinforcements" if we didn't have 3 significant injuries to our WRs group. He was the 6th best wr at best behind Evans, Pearsall, Stribling, Deebo, and Robinson. Then you have Watkins and Cowing who I don't think they cut in favor of Kirk

I'm not disagreeing with you about Pearsall, Stribling, or Robinson having significant snaps in this Offense. I just believe Cowing, Watkins & Kirk can hold it down until Stribling & Robinson are back. Cowing has Track Star speed and when Robinson went out he came in and because of his speed opened up a deep Dig route over the middle because the safeties had to account for his speed. I'm excited to see what Shanahan cooks up with him in the lineup. Whether it's some reverse plays or even screens to try and get his speed into open field. We haven't had that kind of speed for a long time.

Im sorry but Collins was pure garbage all preseason. He was getting absolutely bullied by backups. I don't like he got hurt, but it was a blessing in disguise because now Halton is getting the reps and he's playing great.

Nick Martin was getting the primary Reps next to Fred & Dre all Training Camp. It was reported on multiple occasions. When he got hurt is when Duggar slid in and took that spot. I'm just saying against teams like the Rams that use 2 or 3 TE formations I can see him out there next to Fred & Dre with how physical he plays downhill and help stop the Run.

Nowhere did I say Hobbs over Stout. Stout is one of my favorite players currently. In Dime Formation is where I could see him being used, him and Stout both take the slot coverage on either side. I just see a lot of possibilities in this defense. But realistically Hobbs probably won't make the 48. I don't see him jumping Jack Jones

Tonges is the only one that I'm genuinely bummed about because he was a nice complement to Kittle. But I expect them to use Juice more now out of that TE spot, which they did this last game and he ran a deep corner route for 21 yards.
Originally posted by Stanley:
Nick Martin is not the next fred or dre.

Literally never said that lol I just said he was slated to start next to them before his injury
Originally posted by 707Niners:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Nick Martin is not the next fred or dre.

Literally never said that lol I just said he was slated to start next to them before his injury

There has been no indication of that. Bethune and Gifford seem to have that 3rd spot, He's in the fold with Wallow and Dugger
Originally posted by Since07:
There has been no indication of that. Bethune and Gifford seem to have that 3rd spot, He's in the fold with Wallow and Dugger

Bethune has been inactive every game lol and Martin was in the starting lineup during training camp prepping to be starting in the base 4-3 formation next to Fred & Dre. Idk why this is even a discussion lol
Originally posted by 707Niners:
I'm not disagreeing with you about Pearsall, Stribling, or Robinson having significant snaps in this Offense. I just believe Cowing, Watkins & Kirk can hold it down until Stribling & Robinson are back. Cowing has Track Star speed and when Robinson went out he came in and because of his speed opened up a deep Dig route over the middle because the safeties had to account for his speed. I'm excited to see what Shanahan cooks up with him in the lineup. Whether it's some reverse plays or even screens to try and get his speed into open field. We haven't had that kind of speed for a long time.

Im sorry but Collins was pure garbage all preseason. He was getting absolutely bullied by backups. I don't like he got hurt, but it was a blessing in disguise because now Halton is getting the reps and he's playing great.

Nick Martin was getting the primary Reps next to Fred & Dre all Training Camp. It was reported on multiple occasions.

Not saying you're lying but I'd like to see those reports. We literally signed Eric Kendrick's last season before we put Nick Martin in. He's fast but he's also 220lbs and we have a problem with teams running up the middle
Originally posted by Since07:
Not saying you're lying but I'd like to see those reports. We literally signed Eric Kendrick's last season before we put Nick Martin in. He's fast but he's also 220lbs and we have a problem with teams running up the middle

He wasn't. He played SAM for a LB a couple days and then got moved to Will LB. He was never going to see the field, especially with how Dugger is playing. From the outside, it simply seemed like Morris was giving Nick Martin a chance to win a job--be it the SAM or back up Will--but Martin couldn't win anything. He would've been lucky to make the team if not for that injury.

As of right now, Nick Martin is not a good player.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 21, 2026 at 9:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Since07:
Not saying you're lying but I'd like to see those reports. We literally signed Eric Kendrick's last season before we put Nick Martin in. He's fast but he's also 220lbs and we have a problem with teams running up the middle

Nick Martin was out with his Concussion all playoffs dude. He wasn't cleared until after the season ended for any Football activity's
Originally posted by 707Niners:
Bethune has been inactive every game lol and Martin was in the starting lineup during training camp prepping to be starting in the base 4-3 formation next to Fred & Dre. Idk why this is even a discussion lol

You might be right I haven't seen Bethune. It'd be cool if Martin steps up, last season does not make me hopeful that he makes that leap at all. I'd honestly be surprised if he starts over Gifford and I'd also rather have Dugger out there for the sheer weight difference given our run defense
Originally posted by Heroism:
He wasn't. He played SAM for a LB a couple days and then got moved to Will LB. He was never going to see the field, especially with how Dugger is playing. From the outside, it simply seemed like Morris was giving Nick Martin a chance to win a job--be it the SAM or back up Will--but Martin couldn't win anything. He would've been lucky to make the team if not for that injury.

As of right now, Nick Martin is not a good player.

Yall must not pay attention to nothin lol Martin was the Starting SAM LB all Training Camp up till his injury in the 2nd preseason game.
Originally posted by 707Niners:
Originally posted by Since07:
Not saying you're lying but I'd like to see those reports. We literally signed Eric Kendrick's last season before we put Nick Martin in. He's fast but he's also 220lbs and we have a problem with teams running up the middle

Nick Martin was out with his Concussion all playoffs dude. He wasn't cleared until after the season ended for any Football activity's

And what about the rest of all last season? We started Bethune, Gifford, Kendricks and it seems like I'm forgetting another LB over him throughout.
Originally posted by Since07:
You might be right I haven't seen Bethune. It'd be cool if Martin steps up, last season does not make me hopeful that he makes that leap at all. I'd honestly be surprised if he starts over Gifford and I'd also rather have Dugger out there for the sheer weight difference given our run defense

Martins problem is he hurts himself with his own hits, similar to Greenlaw at times back in the day. I've been excited about Nick since he was drafted him, unfortunately we haven't been able to see his potential because he keeps knocking himself out lol What I'm hoping for is that playing next to Fred & Dre will help him in that department….If you notice Dre's tackles this year so far, they are more sound and less leading with his head. Hopefully Nick can learn from that because I think he has so much potential
Originally posted by Since07:
And what about the rest of all last season? We started Bethune, Gifford, Kendricks and it seems like I'm forgetting another LB over him throughout.

He was a rookie. Fred & Dee were the main LB's with Bethune & Gifford following. When Nick became available he got a bad concussion Week 13 which ended his season.
Originally posted by 707Niners:
Originally posted by Since07:
You might be right I haven't seen Bethune. It'd be cool if Martin steps up, last season does not make me hopeful that he makes that leap at all. I'd honestly be surprised if he starts over Gifford and I'd also rather have Dugger out there for the sheer weight difference given our run defense

Martins problem is he hurts himself with his own hits, similar to Greenlaw at times back in the day. I've been excited about Nick since he was drafted him, unfortunately we haven't been able to see his potential because he keeps knocking himself out lol What I'm hoping for is that playing next to Fred & Dre will help him in that department….If you notice Dre's tackles this year so far, they are more sound and less leading with his head. Hopefully Nick can learn from that because I think he has so much potential

This reminds me of 9moons infatuation with Dee Winters
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone