49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 482 users in the forums

Training Camp 2026

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by genus49:
Man was I wrong on Christian Haynes. Glad to be wrong since he's on Seattle but I thought they got an absolute monster at G.

Has he been as bad as that practice clip? I haven't followed him since the draft; in which I would be wrong too as he was a selection in my shadow draft

Unlike our friendly Seahawks fan I don't take extra time out to see what's happening with Seattle until they play real football. I'm pretty sure he hasn't captured the starting G spot so just in that regard he's vastly under performed what I expected from him.

Yeah bro I had him pegged as our all-pro guard for the next decade. I thought it was injuries that have kept him out but yeah; I haven't followed so could be wrong. And because he's with the Seahawks I hope he looks like that clip all the time
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by raywm3:
Did I miss something.... Since when is "Lenoir a stud"?

Is he not? He's a mainstay on every top 10 CB list.

He's decent, but he doesn't get the interceptions to be a stud. 8 in 5 years isn't enough. At least he's a decent tackler for a cb.

I don't know if stud is the word I'd use but he's very good and the fact that he doesn't get targeted often proves that. Then again an argument could be made it's cuz the rest of our guys haven't been very good on the other side since Ward left. Hopefully that changes this year.

He's what I would call a solid NFL cornerback. I remember when the entire 49er's defensive backfield were the starting pro bowlers. I like Stout, Green and Jones as well. Our safeties need to step it up though, we need free safety to be a lot better than it has for awhile.
We absolutely need to sign or trade for a guard. Whether it's Kappa Zeitler or even Daniel's in FA, either one would improve our OL, especially playing next to Trent Williams like all the other guards that have done so.
Originally posted by elguapo:
We absolutely need to sign or trade for a guard. Whether it's Kappa Zeitler or even Daniel's in FA, either one would improve our OL, especially playing next to Trent Williams like all the other guards that have done so.

Yep. I would take anyone. Overpay for zeitler, can't be that expensive.
I'm baffled that Zeitler hasn't been signed with several teams needing a Guard - why?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by elguapo:
We absolutely need to sign or trade for a guard. Whether it's Kappa Zeitler or even Daniel's in FA, either one would improve our OL, especially playing next to Trent Williams like all the other guards that have done so.

I'm pretty sure they trade for someone this upcoming week. Lombardi mentioned that one year ago at this time the 9ers traded for Skyy Moore and Brian Robinson Jr..
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm pretty sure they trade for someone this upcoming week. Lombardi mentioned that one year ago at this time the 9ers traded for Skyy Moore and Brian Robinson Jr..

I don't really see it, glad to be wrong tho. A returner or a backup rb are easy to plug and play.

Trading for a guard who you think will start like two weeks before the opener, seems uncharacteristic for how this offense is structured and ran
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm pretty sure they trade for someone this upcoming week. Lombardi mentioned that one year ago at this time the 9ers traded for Skyy Moore and Brian Robinson Jr..

I don't really see it, glad to be wrong tho. A returner or a backup rb are easy to plug and play.

Trading for a guard who you think will start like two weeks before the opener, seems uncharacteristic for how this offense is structured and ran

How's this for uncharacteristic, on August 31st 2017 the 49ers traded for Laken Tomlinson. He then went on to start the season.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
How's this for uncharacteristic, on August 31st 2017 the 49ers traded for Laken Tomlinson. He then went on to start the season.
That was before Kyle even had a single game as a coach and the offense was still just being installed.
But fair enough. Let's hope you're right or else Colby or Willis need to get a lot better fast.

Or maybe they just pick up Tomlinson again. Lol.
Zane Beadles should be available
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm pretty sure they trade for someone this upcoming week. Lombardi mentioned that one year ago at this time the 9ers traded for Skyy Moore and Brian Robinson Jr..

I don't really see it, glad to be wrong tho. A returner or a backup rb are easy to plug and play.

Trading for a guard who you think will start like two weeks before the opener, seems uncharacteristic for how this offense is structured and ran

How's this for uncharacteristic, on August 31st 2017 the 49ers traded for Laken Tomlinson. He then went on to start the season.

The 2017 team was also in more of a position to throw newly acquired, higher talented guys (at least more than what they previously had) right in and roll with the time they needed to adjust since they were not anticipated to be very good anyway, which their 0-9 start reinforced.

I wouldn't mind an upgrade, of course, but there won't be the leeway to gel like the 2017 team allowed.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 22, 2026 at 5:02 PM ]
Guys that surely made the team don't have to play in the last preseason game, so they got injured. Niners way.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
How's this for uncharacteristic, on August 31st 2017 the 49ers traded for Laken Tomlinson. He then went on to start the season.
That was before Kyle even had a single game as a coach and the offense was still just being installed.
But fair enough. Let's hope you're right or else Colby or Willis need to get a lot better fast.

Or maybe they just pick up Tomlinson again. Lol.

With all that said, I wasn't hoping for a Guard if they made a trade. I'm hoping for either a Safety or a DE. I feel the defense is thin at DE and the Safety position could really use an upgrade.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone