49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 516 users in the forums

49ers sign WR Mike Evans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I saw he is going to wear number 5 for the Niners. I like it.

That's nice, I don't like it. Everything that happened resulting in the Lance pick is a stain on this regime.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I saw he is going to wear number 5 for the Niners. I like it.

That's nice, I don't like it. Everything that happened resulting in the Lance pick is a stain on this regime.

Who cares. Its a number. Has nothing to do with how a player performs lol
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I saw he is going to wear number 5 for the Niners. I like it.

That's nice, I don't like it. Everything that happened resulting in the Lance pick is a stain on this regime.

Who cares. Its a number. Has nothing to do with how a player performs lol

I know it's only a number it just reminds me of how no one should've ever worn 10 because of Kyle Williams 2012
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I saw he is going to wear number 5 for the Niners. I like it.

That's nice, I don't like it. Everything that happened resulting in the Lance pick is a stain on this regime.

Who cares. Its a number. Has nothing to do with how a player performs lol

Deebo would like a word
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I saw he is going to wear number 5 for the Niners. I like it.

That's nice, I don't like it. Everything that happened resulting in the Lance pick is a stain on this regime.

Who cares. Its a number. Has nothing to do with how a player performs lol

Hopefully it grows on me but 5 on a WR just isn't "sexy" to me. Lol it seems bulky and heavy.

hopefully he changes my opinion. Could change after cut downs
[ Edited by tankle104 on Apr 16, 2026 at 1:07 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I saw he is going to wear number 5 for the Niners. I like it.

That's nice, I don't like it. Everything that happened resulting in the Lance pick is a stain on this regime.

Jeff Garcia was #5, so there is that.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Jeff Garcia was #5, so there is that.

lol remember seeing a kid wear a Garcia jersey in school went to go talk to him about the 9ers brushed me off saying "I'm just a Garcia fan" 😂 I get it some people like players but was Garcia really all that?
Originally posted by Since07:
lol remember seeing a kid wear a Garcia jersey in school went to go talk to him about the 9ers brushed me off saying "I'm just a Garcia fan" 😂 I get it some people like players but was Garcia really all that?

he was pretty good for what he was. a very unconventional looking and playing udfa guy from canadian football that Walsh himself brought. I still have his jersey and still remember the Giants playoffs game fondly. he compensated a well below average arm talent and happy feet by being a fearless scrambler and some off script stuff.

modern comp would probably be something like a rich man's Gardner Minshew or a poor man's Baker without arm talent of Baker
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Apr 17, 2026 at 3:32 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I know it's only a number it just reminds me of how no one should've ever worn 10 because of Kyle Williams 2012
me still bitter over KW butter fingers
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Jeff Garcia was #5, so there is that.

lol remember seeing a kid wear a Garcia jersey in school went to go talk to him about the 9ers brushed me off saying "I'm just a Garcia fan" 😂 I get it some people like players but was Garcia really all that?

That's odd that someone would just be a Garcia fan and not a 49ers fan as he wasn't great he was good what annoyed me the most was never learned how to slide like damnit I thought he was gonna tear something every time
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,510
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I know it's only a number it just reminds me of how no one should've ever worn 10 because of Kyle Williams 2012
me still bitter over KW butter fingers

Same. I haven't watched that game since. That game blew up our perfect winning record in Superbowls.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,286
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I know it's only a number it just reminds me of how no one should've ever worn 10 because of Kyle Williams 2012
me still bitter over KW butter fingers

Same. I haven't watched that game since. That game blew up our perfect winning record in Superbowls.

with all due respect to Evans who is first class and will be a HOFer, I still think that this is NOT a good signing. .. the guy will demand a play call and it'll just hurt this offense..

it's like JR all over again in Seattle where you can tell the team was TRYING to get him the ball and it got easier for the opposing D.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,510
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I know it's only a number it just reminds me of how no one should've ever worn 10 because of Kyle Williams 2012
me still bitter over KW butter fingers

Same. I haven't watched that game since. That game blew up our perfect winning record in Superbowls.

with all due respect to Evans who is first class and will be a HOFer, I still think that this is NOT a good signing. .. the guy will demand a play call and it'll just hurt this offense..

it's like JR all over again in Seattle where you can tell the team was TRYING to get him the ball and it got easier for the opposing D.

I'm more worried about Evans durability. He's proven that he can be a productive reciever. If they Double Evans, and all our offensive players are healthy, then that leaves Kittle and CMC one on one. 49ers are the oldest team offensively - thats never a good thing if durability has been an issue in the past.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm more worried about Evans durability. He's proven that he can be a productive reciever. If they Double Evans, and all our offensive players are healthy, then that leaves Kittle and CMC one on one. 49ers are the oldest team offensively - thats never a good thing if durability has been an issue in the past.

Evans hasnt had durability issue prior to last season.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone