49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 608 users in the forums

49ers select Mykel Williams-DE-Georgia with the 11th pick in the 2025 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Comes back for Seahawks game?

Woukd be wonderful if him and Bosa came back. The d line will be very good once Bosa and Mykel are bookending it.

Bosa - Osa - Helton - Mykel williams

i like that. With white being a pass rusher.

I've gotten to the point where I no longer count on Bosa. He's been hurt to many times. Four major surgeries going back to high school, 3 ACL tears. Core muscle injury. Hip injurt that didn't require surgery but he missed several games because of it. He's had shoulder injuries that have hamlered his effectiveness even though he played through them. Now he has the calf injury.

He's becoming more and more like his brother. Highly talented with a high salary and limited playing time.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 1, 2026 at 5:21 PM ]
  • Cosmo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,460
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Comes back for Seahawks game?

Woukd be wonderful if him and Bosa came back. The d line will be very good once Bosa and Mykel are bookending it.

Bosa - Osa - Helton - Mykel williams

i like that. With white being a pass rusher.

I've gotten to the point where I no longer count on Bosa. He's been hurt to many times. Four major surgeries going back to high school, 3 ACL tears. Core muscle injury. Hip injurt that didn't require surgery but he missed several games because of it. He's had shoulder injuries that have hamlered his effectiveness even though he played through them. Now he has the calf injury.

He's becoming more and more like his brother. Highly talented with a high salary and limited playing time.

This. Consumes a ton of cap space for the amount he plays...
Bosa has a $54 million cap # next year. If they cut him it's $49 million in dead money. Spread it out-doesn't matter. They'll keep him next year. '28 will be the last year of his contract but no guaranteed money so it's safe to assume he might be gone with a $27 million cap hit-manageable. Either that or take a pay cut with most guaranteed. If he wants more money tell him to follow Jahwan. His contract is the worst in the league return-wise. Should he return healthy his only job will be to remain healthy for the playoffs.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Would be amazing if he can get there….I think he just turned 22?

Mykel and Halton both only 22. The DL's future could be bright.

Wow holy s**t, didn't realize that

I hate to talk about the draft but I do think an EDGE has to be a priority this year. I think Bosa is an amazing player and i do think he will be on the team next year but we have to prep for a life outside him and i dont think we can rely on him on being healthy for 17 games and playoffs.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Would be amazing if he can get there….I think he just turned 22?

Mykel and Halton both only 22. The DL's future could be bright.

Wow holy s**t, didn't realize that

I hate to talk about the draft but I do think an EDGE has to be a priority this year. I think Bosa is an amazing player and i do think he will be on the team next year but we have to prep for a life outside him and i dont think we can rely on him on being healthy for 17 games and playoffs.

Itake wild but Im on the same boat. I hope they take a DE first or second. We need someone that can rush the passer and defend the run. To be prepared for life without Bosa, we need to try to find that guy in 2027 as Bosa plays out his deal.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,572
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Comes back for Seahawks game?

Woukd be wonderful if him and Bosa came back. The d line will be very good once Bosa and Mykel are bookending it.

Bosa - Osa - Helton - Mykel williams

i like that. With white being a pass rusher.

I've gotten to the point where I no longer count on Bosa. He's been hurt to many times. Four major surgeries going back to high school, 3 ACL tears. Core muscle injury. Hip injurt that didn't require surgery but he missed several games because of it. He's had shoulder injuries that have hamlered his effectiveness even though he played through them. Now he has the calf injury.

He's becoming more and more like his brother. Highly talented with a high salary and limited playing time.

He's constantly doubled on top of all the injuries he's had. 49ers under Kyle are going to continue to draft pass rushers year in and year out, and hopefully they'll accomplish what Bosa has done. As for his contract year - I'm hoping he stays healthy through it. He's still a great talent, that I think can stay healthier if they get a decent bookend passer on the other side so he doesn't have to be doubled on every play.

He is still a game changer when he is healthy.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,801
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Would be amazing if he can get there….I think he just turned 22?

Mykel and Halton both only 22. The DL's future could be bright.

Wow holy s**t, didn't realize that

I hate to talk about the draft but I do think an EDGE has to be a priority this year. I think Bosa is an amazing player and i do think he will be on the team next year but we have to prep for a life outside him and i dont think we can rely on him on being healthy for 17 games and playoffs.

I'll eat a turd sandwich if Bosa ever makes it to 17 games in a row
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Comes back for Seahawks game?

Woukd be wonderful if him and Bosa came back. The d line will be very good once Bosa and Mykel are bookending it.

Bosa - Osa - Helton - Mykel williams

i like that. With white being a pass rusher.

I've gotten to the point where I no longer count on Bosa. He's been hurt to many times. Four major surgeries going back to high school, 3 ACL tears. Core muscle injury. Hip injurt that didn't require surgery but he missed several games because of it. He's had shoulder injuries that have hamlered his effectiveness even though he played through them. Now he has the calf injury.

He's becoming more and more like his brother. Highly talented with a high salary and limited playing time.

He's constantly doubled on top of all the injuries he's had. 49ers under Kyle are going to continue to draft pass rushers year in and year out, and hopefully they'll accomplish what Bosa has done. As for his contract year - I'm hoping he stays healthy through it. He's still a great talent, that I think can stay healthier if they get a decent bookend passer on the other side so he doesn't have to be doubled on every play.

He is still a game changer when he is healthy.

His numbers have declined every year since he had 18 sacks. He doesn't get double teamed as often as he used to which makes it even harder for the other D linemen to get pressure. All the injuries and rehabs take a toll on your body. Recovering from a major surgery is much harder than a normal off season workout.
Ok, this thread turned into a Bosa conversation but I was hoping to read something about Mykel. Any news on how his practices looked? Hoping he might return this coming week
I want him back bad, but not until he is 110%. Having him will be a huge boost to the line.
Originally posted by taney71:
Ok, this thread turned into a Bosa conversation but I was hoping to read something about Mykel. Any news on how his practices looked? Hoping he might return this coming week

Looking at the clips a couple days ago. He looks good
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by taney71:
Ok, this thread turned into a Bosa conversation but I was hoping to read something about Mykel. Any news on how his practices looked? Hoping he might return this coming week

Looking at the clips a couple days ago. He looks good

Yeah could of probably played in this game if he was allowed to.
Originally posted by jakedogg:
Bosa has a $54 million cap # next year. If they cut him it's $49 million in dead money. Spread it out-doesn't matter. They'll keep him next year. '28 will be the last year of his contract but no guaranteed money so it's safe to assume he might be gone with a $27 million cap hit-manageable. Either that or take a pay cut with most guaranteed. If he wants more money tell him to follow Jahwan. His contract is the worst in the league return-wise. Should he return healthy his only job will be to remain healthy for the playoffs.

The trick is that Bosa only has $1M left in guaranteed money after this season, so it's in his best interest to make a new deal.

The dead cap has nothing to do with how much he actually gets, that's just what we've paid him and spread out over many years on the salary cap. I'd be surprised if we didnt resign Bosa to a new deal after this year, al though I guess it depends on how he finishes the season. he's an incredible player but has been pretty injury prone, when he's available though, he is great.

No way he plays on his contract next season, either we strike a new deal or he gets traded somewhere. Hopefully we keep him.

I love Bosa and Mykel bookending or D line. I'm super excited to see Mykel this week.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Oct 5, 2026 at 12:25 PM ]
I hope Mykel is back this week. Him at end will be big time for the defense for the run defense as well as the collective pass rush. His ability to compress the pocket with power and stay in his rush lane is a valuable asset.

That said, if he's not ready to go, then keep him out until he's 100% ready.
  • Cosmo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,460
Originally posted by Heroism:
I hope Mykel is back this week. Him at end will be big time for the defense for the run defense as well as the collective pass rush. His ability to compress the pocket with power and stay in his rush lane is a valuable asset.

That said, if he's not ready to go, then keep him out until he's 100% ready.

Is that sounding like a realistic hope?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone