Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 782 users in the forums

49ers select Mykel Williams-DE-Georgia with the 11th pick in the 2025 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hell yeah
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If he can shore up the run defense on base downs for this season, I'll be content.

He's going to be huge for the run defense, especially in any runs aiming to capture the perimeter. We know for sure the edge will be set with Mykel on the field.

They just need some of the big uglys in the middle to step up, and then they'll be in a great spot with how many points the offense is scoring. Teams won't be able to stick to the run.

Yup. We'll still need an inside guy to step on run defense.

If he MW can do both it will really help

Hope he's healthy
i think he will shore up the run D immediately and thats a win for me. His presence should also help the pass rush as a whole gives way more flexibility on passing downs

I dont expect a huge sack total this year he didnt get much of a chance to improve on that due to his injury but i do think next year will be his breakout year hes still 22 years old
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 29, 2026 at 4:35 AM ]
The practice window is 3 weeks max I think so we'll see him by the week 7 game correct?
Originally posted by matt49er:
The practice window is 3 weeks max I think so we'll see him by the week 7 game correct?

No he can play week 5 he has 21 days to be active on the roster or shut down for the season

I do want to say I hope they don't play him too early I do think the team is being more cautious this year which I like
Hopefully Mykel can get up to speed ASAP. Praying for no setbacks once we open up the practice window. We need some depth in case Bosa has more issues down the line. Mykel's injury last year was one of the most frustrating ones because it robbed him of all that development time
  • Cosmo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,410
I don't think there's any doubt he'll improve the run D, but I'm really excited to see other ways that Morris may use him on stunts, etc.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Mykel working that 2-to-1, bull to longarm move. Technique not looking bad considering he's knocking the rust off a big injury. That's exactly what I want to see a guy with Mykel's traits doing. If he can get better at marrying his feet and hands, he's going to unlock a lot of pass rush off that alone.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 30, 2026 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by matt49er:
The practice window is 3 weeks max I think so we'll see him by the week 7 game correct?

No he can play week 5 he has 21 days to be active on the roster or shut down for the season

I do want to say I hope they don't play him too early I do think the team is being more cautious this year which I like

yeah that's what I meant. Given the length of the window he will play no later than week 7 (debut between weeks 5-7). Feels like they'll put him out there week 5 but I agree with you, hold off until he's 100% & in football shape.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He looked jacked in early videos when he was side field
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He looked jacked in early videos when he was side field

Excited to get him back on the field next week
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm glad he was able to stay in shape during this whole ordeal....... looks good from this video imo....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,510
Originally posted by Cosmo:
I don't think there's any doubt he'll improve the run D, but I'm really excited to see other ways that Morris may use him on stunts, etc.

Agree, and I'll add that we have some other young and promising defenders that I'd like to see make plays. Valdez, Fehoko, Dugger, Height etc... for example. I hope Mykel has no setbacks and is good to go for the rest of the year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,510
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Hopefully Mykel can get up to speed ASAP. Praying for no setbacks once we open up the practice window. We need some depth in case Bosa has more issues down the line. Mykel's injury last year was one of the most frustrating ones because it robbed him of all that development time

Agree on the frustrations. But also Raheem isn't Saleh, so Mykel doesn't have to unlearn techniques that Raheem system doesn't use anymore. It could be a little bit of s blessing in disguise since Raheem does a lot more stunts than I think Saleh does, for example.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone