Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by AJinUT:
The drafting of Stribling told you all you needed to know on how the 49ers felt about Pearsall. Expect them to draft another WR in next year's draft . . . and don't expect them to trade away for big players as this team is really in transition and they need to start replacing their geriartic elite members who are over 30. That means keeping their draft picks and going with what they have acquired. They'll be competitive I think, just not dominant this year. We'll see.
I don't think drafting Stribling was just about Pearsall. At the time, we had no one that had delivered on any promise at all. Aiyuk was gone. Watkins/Cowing had done nothing. Robinson is a useful role player but not much more. The team needed more quality and youth. Stribling checked all the boxes whether Pearsall was healthy or not. Even with a healthy Pearsall, Stribling made sense. We needed speed, which we have not had in the Purdy era, and route running, something we lost when Aiyuk got hurt. Yes, I won't be surprised if they pick another WR next year as Evans and Deebo are basically one-year stop gaps.
I agree, and i think they might pick another RB also. Until they get that WR squad strong enough to where they want it. Same with the TE, Tonges was a promising understudy to Kittle, but he also has to go through a knee injury. No doubt they will probably see if they can either draft a TE or get one though free agency next year.
Pearsall's luck with the 49ers has been terrible and it is a violent sport. Good luck to pearsall in his recovery. Bo Jackson is was another athlete l really wanted to see progress but fate said otherwise. I hope pearsall comes back even better.