There are 151 users in the forums

Which Rookie Are You Most Excited to See in the Pre-Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Rookie Are You Most Excited to See in the Pre-Season?

Honestly, I'm voting for Fisher. Dude was projected as a 3rd-5th round guy and we got him as an UDFA.

My runners up would be: Jake Moody, Khalan Laborn, Dee Winters, and Robert Beal.
I thought Fisher was a projected 5th-7th round guy.

I voted Moody as he will be the greatest contributor to the teams success this season.
  • thl408
Jake Moody. We all like to armchair coach and break down QB mechanics, but I don't think we've ever discussed place kicker mechanics on this board so I'd like to get into that.
Bell / Luter 2023

it's the winning ticket
  • dj43
Dee Winters.

A fast, aggressive LB is the epitome of a football player. Their size, speed, and aggression are what you want a football player to be. Dee Winters is all that. He will be an awesome ST player from the jump and will be a good backup to Greenlaw in the meantime. He also has good coverage skills as well and playing with Warner will help him to further develop that part of his game.

I also like Beal and Luter but Winters is the guy that will make the greatest impact of all the picks aside from Moody. I leave Moody until last because he will be no surprise. He is a top-tier kicker and will do what he does.
Trey Lance.
Robert Beal Jr.

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy put some heat on the QBs and maybe get a few sacks In the process.

I'm also looking forward to seeing our new kicker making some booming kicks ( never thought I'd be saying that )
I voted Fisher because he is the likeliest candidate to become a starter at a position of need. Guys I also want to see are Beals, Willis, and Winters.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I voted Fisher because he is the likeliest candidate to become a starter at a position of need. Guys I also want to see are Beals, Willis, and Winters.

Wouldn't that be Moody?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Honestly, I'm voting for Fisher. Dude was projected as a 3rd-5th round guy and we got him as an UDFA.

My runners up would be: Jake Moody, Khalan Laborn, Dee Winters, and Robert Beal.

It's just so hard to be excited for a kicker, as evidenced by some of our "fans" reactions to that pick, but I'm hoping it pays off. Winters gets my vote.
[ Edited by SLCNiner on May 2, 2023 at 12:25 PM ]

Originally posted by thl408:
Jake Moody. We all like to armchair coach and break down QB mechanics, but I don't think we've ever discussed place kicker mechanics on this board so I'd like to get into that.

Really hope that's a joke. We've already had 20 or 30 posters become QB mechanics gurus over night just to invalidate the Trey Lance pick.
Dee Winters hands down, we got lucky with this pick in the magic 6th
  • thl408
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Really hope that's a joke. We've already had 20 or 30 posters become QB mechanics gurus over night just to invalidate the Trey Lance pick.

Yeah I was joking. Lol at kicker mechanics. Just make the damn kick.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I wonder if an UDFA OL has ever started as a rookie. I expect him to be on the practice squad.

I think Brown is by far the rookie outside of Moody who has a chance to be a major contributor
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Yeah I was joking. Lol at kicker mechanics. Just make the damn kick.

if we are discussing kicker mechanics on this site that means something has gone seriously off the rails, Brett Maher style
Share 49ersWebzone