There are 233 users in the forums

Which Rookie Are You Most Excited to See in the Pre-Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Rookie Are You Most Excited to See in the Pre-Season?

Moody and Latu
Kyle hates rookies. But in 2024, Brown for sure.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Dee Winters hands down, we got lucky with this pick in the magic 6th

This!
In preseason I'm looking at Beal.

I'm more excited about other players but I also think some of them would be limited in what they can show cuz they're pass catchers or DB/linebackers who may not get tested as much.

I think Beal is someone who will get a bunch of playing time, easy position to check during the game(I'm not checking all22 in preseason) and can impact every play.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Robert Beal Jr.

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy put some heat on the QBs and maybe get a few sacks In the process.

I'm also looking forward to seeing our new kicker making some booming kicks ( never thought I'd be saying that )

Agree on both points. Because of the depth of the team, I'm really looking forward to seeing this team well into the 4th quarter of the preseason. I think we have a talent advantage over virtually any team when you get to 2nd and 3rd string. Hoping we get a decent UDFA QB to close those games out.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on May 2, 2023 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Jake Moody. We all like to armchair coach and break down QB mechanics, but I don't think we've ever discussed place kicker mechanics on this board so I'd like to get into that.

This
I voted Beal. He has the clearest path, outside of Moody, to making significant contributions to the team.
  • dj43
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I voted Beal. He has the clearest path, outside of Moody, to making significant contributions to the team.

It will be interesting to watch how it plays out between Beal and Drake Jackson. On draft position, Jackson is going to have every chance to earn a starting role opposite Bosa.
I'll go with Khalan Laborn.

A 5 star athlete i'm looking forward to seeing him in our running scheme.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Trey Lance.

I see what you did there.

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

It will be interesting to watch how it plays out between Beal and Drake Jackson. On draft position, Jackson is going to have every chance to earn a starting role opposite Bosa.

Jackson should be ahead on the depth chart no question, but said depth chart really thinned out this offseason with the FA losses and so Beal has a chance to immediately break into the rotation.
Who do I think is most likely to make it? Moody, obviously. Who am I most excited to see? Colletto, he is a hugely exciting player to watch. I think he has a future long term in the NFL but who knows? But he is a lot of fun to watch.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by thl408:
Jake Moody. We all like to armchair coach and break down QB mechanics, but I don't think we've ever discussed place kicker mechanics on this board so I'd like to get into that.

This

We can start the discussion with wobbles per minute and progress to wobble angle
  • Andra
  • Veteran
"It's Colletto Brian, it's always been Colletto."
Luter
Share 49ersWebzone