There are 189 users in the forums

What is your preferred QB depth chart for 2023?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is your preferred QB depth chart for 2023?

Kind of depends on what you mean by preferred. The very best-case scenario is that Trey Lance is somehow able to wrestle the job away from a healthy and similarly performing Purdy leaving the 49ers with a glutton of resources at the position.

What I think it will be is Brock->Lance->Darnold.
My order would be

1. The best
2. Second best
3. Third best

all to be decided in training camp and pre season. I'll let Kyler decide and root for whoever is starting. I haven't seen enough of any of these guys in Kyle's system to make a firm decision. Brock needs to show that he can repeat last years performance and improve a couple of small things. Trey needs to stay healthy to show what he can do. Darnold needs to show that he can play at a high level when he has talent around him and a good offensive coach behind him.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Who in their right minds wants to start Darnold?

The ones who never liked the Lance pick to begin with I'm guessing
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i sure hope it's...

1. Brock
  2. Trey
  3. Sam

if Sam beats out Trey for #2 then there's little value to be had in a move if it should come to that.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
The simple fact that Sam Darnold is getting votes over Brock Purdy is a hilarious look at a cross section of this Fanbase.

He just needs a chance 😩😩
I mean if Lance is QB1 that means he's balling and I think that's the best case scenario.

What I think it will be is Brock, lance, Sam and I will say all three might start at some point this yr.
Easy.

Brock>Lance>Sam
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean if Lance is QB1 that means he's balling and I think that's the best case scenario.

What I think it will be is Brock, lance, Sam and I will say all three might start at some point this yr.

This.

We know what Brock can do so if Trey is good enough to hold him off, the team will be in an even better place.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This.

We know what Brock can do so if Trey is good enough to hold him off, the team will be in an even better place.

Yup
This is a SB run year, not a development for the future year. I think Kyle will think he's got a better chance of coaching Sam into fewer mistakes than Trey, making Sam Brock's backup. And I think Trey is still on the trade block when injuries happen elsewhere. If that were to happen before the season and Brock can play, which I expect at least as bu, I think we go with Kyle's preferred two qb's with Allen on the PS.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This.

This is what royally pisses me off. Brock was a rookie thrown into the fire. So no. We don't know what Brock can do. He may be even capable of way more with a full offseason and training camp with the #1s.
Whoever it is stays healthy the entire God damn year
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This is what royally pisses me off. Brock was a rookie thrown into the fire. So no. We don't know what Brock can do. He may be even capable of way more with a full offseason and training camp with the #1s.

And he can also turn into a pumpkin with more film on him. Wouldn't be the first guy.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

And he can also turn into a pumpkin with more film on him. Wouldn't be the first guy.

AND Lance can be a major bust for a top 5 draft pick. Wouldn't be the first guy.

Just stop telling me we've seen what Brock can do.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Who in their right minds wants to start Darnold?

As far as I am concerned, all of the people who voted for Darnold to be in the 1 spot are trolling.
Share 49ersWebzone