LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

What is your preferred QB depth chart for 2023?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is your preferred QB depth chart for 2023?

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
production matters
to the extent each guy produces I want to see em out there to the same extent
seems straightforward to me

Well if it's just production then it's Brock by a country mile over everyone else that's ever started here.
Best case scenario for the team is Trey as QB1, Brock as backup, and Darnold as an expendable, emergency, starter.

Every fan should be pulling for this without exception IMO.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
production matters
to the extent each guy produces I want to see em out there to the same extent
seems straightforward to me

Well if it's just production then it's Brock by a country mile over everyone else that's ever started here.

on the current roster yeah, he's named QB1 already by the club, if healthy for it
on the current roster yeah, he's named QB1 already by the club, if healthy for it

Nope. Best it's ever looked by far. Only question is the sustainability because he's still unproven.

Nope. Best it's ever looked by far. Only question is the sustainability because he's still unproven.

best in club history lol.. I would question how much you have witnessed of 49er football
I would put the 5-0 BP stretch on the shelf with the 5-0 JG stretch
and I was around for Montana and Young, that was a whole nother deal folks, you can't put any guy from this century in that convo with a straight face.
best in club history lol.. I would question how much you have witnessed of 49er football
and I was around for Montana and Young, that was a whole nother deal folks, you can't put any guy from this century in that convo with a straight face.

Yah clearly talking about under Shanahan. Good lord.

No the offense was not as good in those first 5 games under Jimmy. Lot more field goals. Also lot more ad lib plays that aren't as repeatable as what Brock was doing.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 8, 2023 at 2:24 PM ]

Yah clearly talking about under Shanahan. Good lord.

No the offense was not as good those first 5 games. Lot more field goals.

gotcha, yeah JG to me is the same as BP thru 5.. go back and watch the 2017 tape, JG was playing with 1 win 10 loss scrub guys for the most part, probably more impressive, with BP the production was great and with the supporting cast, we should be a great O, it was just surprising to see a late round rook so composed and playing like a 12 year vet.

I am open to similar extended stretches from anyone who steps up to bring them, so no preferred other than the best guy to have a stretch like that, and keep it going.
Brock of Ages
Trey
Sam
[ Edited by Montana on May 9, 2023 at 3:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone