LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 318 users in the forums

Which younger player are you most interested how much better they might be this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which younger player are you most interested how much better they might be this year?

Originally posted by RDB4216:
Drake Jackson. His last year in college they tried to make him a LB, so hoping he's back to his DE playing weight. He was good against the run and a strong pass rusher, so I'd REALLY like to see him win the starting job. I was unimpressed with Ebukam, so hoping for not just a replacement - but an upgrade here. Especially with the loss of Omenihu too, I worry about our run defense at that spot.

From the list, I'd say Jordan Mason. I really want to see him and CMC become our 1-2 punch. Mason showed flashes in limited opportunities last year, and even broke some big gains when the defense was keying on the run. He has good power and can help wear down a defense, I just think he brings more to the offense as a #2 than Mitchell.

No clue wtf mason didn't get the ball 10x a game. I agree 💯
Drake Jackson.
Im hoping he can be the answer opposite Bosa
Jason Poe
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Is Aiyuk a number 1? One 1000 yard season is nice. I'd like to see an even better year to convince me. Hufunga was a nice surprise last year. But despite splash plays he gave up some big ones. The pro bowl shocked me and the all pro nod made a farce of the entire process. I wanna see him earn both. I watched the games. If he doesn't improve let someone else overpay. Others go without saying

I want to see more of Aiyuk & Hufanga, but more importantly I want to see McKivitz lock that RT spot down.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Jason Poe
what happened with Ambry Thomas? At the end of the 2021 season the consensus feeling was he'd be our #2 corner going into 2022. He played well down the stretch and it seemed like we were ok at corner. Then 2022 happened and he fell off. WTH happened? Did I miss something?
Drake Jackson
I'd say Colton, Drake, and Poe in that order.

I'd love to see Poe improve enough to get a rotational shot at guard like we did at RG last year.

Colton seems like a strong fit for that RT spot. He's done a solid job filling in on the left. I got real tired of MM getting owned by bull rushes and I imagine that'll happen less with Colton.

If Jackson can become the guy we hoped for when we picked him, our pass rush will be insane with him and Bosa.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 21, 2023 at 3:04 PM ]
Drake-although he was not on the list. Started off strong, but fell off the radar-cause he was not in NFL shape for a 17 game season.

WR Gray-need that speed to materialize.
Strange omission of Trey Lance, so I'll write him in.

Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Strange omission of Trey Lance, so I'll write him in.

+1
BA shouldn't be on this list
Kalia Davis
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Kalia Davis

I really want to see him play.
Jaylon Moore….paging Jaylon Moore!
Share 49ersWebzone