LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 389 users in the forums

What do we do now at QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
By now, you have heard the QB news. I am at a complete loss. What a devastating injury for the kid who was likely our guy going into next season.
Tom Brady
Trey lance has an opportunity to re-gain momentum toward a starting job getting all the reps while Purdy rehabs!

let's gooo!!!!
Where we stand:

Trey - broke foot
Brock - broke arm
Jimmy - Smiling too much to give a damn about anything
Josh -
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Trey lance has an opportunity to re-gain momentum toward a starting job getting all the reps while Purdy rehabs!

let's gooo!!!!

Pretty much. It's Treys job to lose now. Back at square one of last year.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Tom Brady

+1
possible poll options

panic
Tom Brady
Trey Area
Feels Great Baby
run the ball! like chillin always suggests
pray
run it back with josh johnson - this question we can weed out all the accts that need banned anyone who votes this
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Tom Brady

I think we can get him for less than 30 million. It ain't about the money for that dude.
Fire josh Johnson. Immediately. Everything else will iron itself out
This injury might only be 6 months. People need to breathe here. Could still get a preseason game or 2 in if things go well. He's young so that should help this recovery.

If he needs the reconstructive surgery, then it's panic time.

Look at Brady. He more than played well enough for Tampa this year despite a s**tty run game, poor pass blocking and an offensive scheme from 1991. I think Lance has a lot of talent but the last time he played anything more than a trivial amount of snaps was 2019. I don't want the whole season resting on a guy who mostly hasn't played for years and would still have a considerable number of growing pains to go through while this roster is loaded with talent.

I don't think Brady wants to go out on a sour note and it seems like Gronkowski is raring to go again. Let Marathe work out the financials and load up everything, go all in for next season.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
This injury might only be 6 months. People need to breathe here. Could still get a preseason game or 2 in if things go well. He's young so that should help this recovery.

If he needs the reconstructive surgery, then it's panic time.

Best case scenario, he's back throwing in 6 months, maybe he gets back to his previous level in another 3-6 months after that, not to mention missing out on an offseason of development. At this point I'm expecting Purdy to be written off as a reliable starter until 2024.
Brady for a year+. Let Paraag do his thing with the contract.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Look at Brady. He more than played well enough for Tampa this year despite a s**tty run game, poor pass blocking and an offensive scheme from 1991. I think Lance has a lot of talent but the last time he played anything more than a trivial amount of snaps was 2019. I don't want the whole season resting on a guy who mostly hasn't played for years and would still have a considerable number of growing pains to go through while this roster is loaded with talent.

I don't think Brady wants to go out on a sour note and it seems like Gronkowski is raring to go again. Let Marathe work out the financials and load up everything, go all in for next season.

This.

If not Brady, they still need to look at bringing in a vet option.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
By now, you have heard the QB news. I am at a complete loss. What a devastating injury for the kid who was likely our guy going into next season.

So you didn't think we needed a Brock injury thread but you think we need this one?
Share 49ersWebzone