LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Who will be the next 49ers Defensive Coordinator?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be the next 49ers Defensive Coordinator?

I am not familiar with this candidate, but what about Steve Wilks. I heard the ATL DC job is a likely option for him and a lot of teams want him.

He really wants to be a HC someday and there is no better resume than having experience working for Kyle's staff.
Originally posted by A49ER08:
What are the chances Demeco stays put in SF?
You guys think it's 0%?

0%.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You guys think it's 0%?

0%.

-5%.
  • dj43
Originally posted by thl408:
One thing Saleh and Ryans had in common was their fire on gameday. Some DCs are all cerebral, opting to sit in the booth. Ryans and Saleh had a, "one of the guys" vibe. Not preferring one style over the other, just an observation. I don't know enough about the candidates in the poll to make a vote at the moment.

I would hope Shanny would pick someone with that same fire. Familiarity with the system would lead to someone like Undlin. In a passing league, someone with a specialty in that area would make sense.
DeMeco is taking Kocurek as his DC for the Texans. We might need a whole new defensive staff.
I will say that I do like both Desai and Leonhard quite a bit. Both younger coaches but experienced and well respected. Leonhard doesn't have NFL coaching experience but he was a well regarded DC at Wisconsin.

Desai is a super interesting guy. He has experience coaching at the college and NFL level. Was DC for Chicago for a year. Spent this season as associate head coach for the Seahawks. He's also a former college professor with a Masters from Columbia and a PhD from Temple. He's a Fangio guy that greatly modified the defense similar to the way Saleh modified the Gus Bradley scheme.

Originally posted by Karma:
DeMeco is taking Kocurek as his DC for the Texans. We might need a whole new defensive staff.

Kocurek has said that he has no interest in being a DC.

Tf you hear this?

Based on what?

Kocurek has stated many times that he doesn't want to be a DC, as he prefers to work with the defensive line.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Based on what?

Kocurek has stated many times that he doesn't want to be a DC, as he prefers to work with the defensive line.

If anyone, I think Bullocks would be a strong candidate to go with Ryans being that they are former teammates.

You guys think it's 0%?

It's not zero. Maybe 1/6 chance....
Originally posted by linkboy:

Based on what?

I very much hope I am wrong, but the rumor I heard was that DeMeco would essentially run the defense, similar to the way Kyle runs the offense, and Kocurek would be his defensive right hand man. He would still mainly work with the DL, but would help in game day prep, planning, and scheme supervision. It gets Kocurek a title bump without being the autonomous DC like DeMeco is for us.
I very much hope I am wrong, but the rumor I heard was that DeMeco would essentially run the defense, similar to the way Kyle runs the offense, and Kocurek would be his defensive right hand man. He would still mainly work with the DL, but would help in game day prep, planning, and scheme supervision. It gets Kocurek a title bump without being the autonomous DC like DeMeco is for us.

49ers still would have to let Kocurek leave if he's under contract. Maiocco put down Daryl Tapp as Ryans future DL coach.

Kocurek has stated multiple times he has zero desire to be a DC.
I very much hope I am wrong, but the rumor I heard

Source: "trust me bro"
Share 49ersWebzone