There are 269 users in the forums

Are Wins a QB stat?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are Wins a QB stat?

• thl408
All discussion about Wins being a QB stat belong here (to free up the Brock Purdy thread). Thanks, all.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i believe the debate was "are Wins a QB stat"

the NFL record book appears to prove that they are a QB stat.
If it's the sole argument made for why a QB should be considered a great player, than no. If it is used along with other QB performance accolades, than fine. You can reference it.
They are a stat. So is ypa. So is QBR. So is 3rd down conversion. So is TD/INT ratio.

QB Wins are only part of the story. Ultimately, we still use the QB rating (0 - 158.3 range) to compare QBs. That doesn't account for rushing, so ESPN has devised their own metric QBR. PFF has their grades. DVOA is relevant. Hell, Madden has grades for them too.

All relevant, but the EYE TEST still remains the king. Your eye's don't lie.
  • thl408
Originally posted by boast:

Thanks, edited.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
All relevant, but the EYE TEST still remains the king. Your eye's don't lie.
Yes QB is involved in your wins. Which is why Brock Purdy and Jimmy G can do it. While a long string of QB's in that same system have not been able to do it.
Originally posted by thl408:

Thanks, edited.

If we acknowledge they are an official stat kept by the NFL why is this even an open question for debate? It's settled.
Let's do a is the Earth round thread next
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Thanks, edited.

If we acknowledge they are an official stat kept by the NFL why is this even an open question for debate? It's settled.

So far, 'Maybe so' is winning in the poll. I put more stock into this poll than some arbitrary NFL record book.

Wins are only a QB stat whe it is convenient for the argument you are making.
Team sport, team win
4th Qtr Game Winning Drives?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Thanks, edited.

I think it's really a debate about influence on the win that's more of a debate. A player like Joe Burrow has a huge influence on the outcome. But we've seen QBs like Trent Dilfer have a smaller impact on the outcome. Just disingenuous arguments pointing out W/L records as a reason a QB is good or bad. It was a waste of time when I argued about it like 2 years ago and it still is a waste of time.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes QB is involved in your wins. Which is why Brock Purdy and Jimmy G can do it. While a long string of QB's in that same system have not been able to do it.

People getting triggered by pointing out that Brock wins games seems so weird.
Share 49ersWebzone