LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Week 11 ARI Cardinals Coaches Film Analysis Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It was some great film to take a look at. Lots of great stuff. The offense was fun to look at but I probably enjoyed watching the defense the most.

Good stuff.
Jimmy stabbing defenses in the middle, heart of the defense, and they can't do anything about it. If Jimmy can take care of the ball and don't feel like he has to force it, this offense is unstoppable in their own ways.
Nice drop. Looks like KS has caught up and on top of teams coming out with 5 and 6 man fronts. Let's see how the Saints try to play it.
I have a question, how do you know at 01:50 that Kittle's route is an option route and not a simple quick out?
Originally posted by asvidzinski:
I have a question, how do you know at 01:50 that Kittle's route is an option route and not a simple quick out?

Great question
I've known for a little while by piecing together plays I've seen before and what's said in the pressers. This is the same combo that Kittle/Jimmy had on the big saints face mask play at the end of the 2019 saints game.

2nd....I have the playbook now and it's confirmed that.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Great question
I've known for a little while by piecing together plays I've seen before and what's said in the pressers. This is the same combo that Kittle/Jimmy had on the big saints face mask play at the end of the 2019 saints game.

2nd....I have the playbook now and it's confirmed that.

Hhehehhehehe
Thanks a lot!
Sweet!

Jonny! Two questions, if you could answer.

1-Hopkins only had two catches in the second half. What was different between the first and second half on defense?

2- In your opinion, do you think we'll come out passing more to start games? I think David Lombardi recently mentioned the analytics say we're actually a better passing team than running.

I know we would prefer to run the ball more, and possibly protect Jimmy from his overaggressive tendencies… but with the way he's playing after acquiring CMC, I wonder if we could trust him with a more pass-heavy gameplan.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Sweet!

Jonny! Two questions, if you could answer.

1-Hopkins only had two catches in the second half. What was different between the first and second half on defense?

2- In your opinion, do you think we'll come out passing more to start games? I think David Lombardi recently mentioned the analytics say we're actually a better passing team than running.

I know we would prefer to run the ball more, and possibly protect Jimmy from his overaggressive tendencies… but with the way he's playing after acquiring CMC, I wonder if we could trust him with a more pass-heavy gameplan.

1. We didn't do a ton different. We played a little less man-cov and started to take away McCoy's ability to dink and dunk to open everything else up. That made it hard for them to get a rhythm. Plus, the DL was working it so McCoy rarely had time to let the stuff fully develop.

2. We definitely threw to open up the run game. But, like KS said, if you throw a lot to open it up, you better do well at it. If not, you really can screw your defense. I think we'll do what is needed to get the offense going. If that's a team we match-up well against the run - we'll run. If we can do some things in the pass game to open it up, we'll do that. In the end, Kyle wants to run the ball and get the explosive PA game working.

It was some great film to take a look at. Lots of great stuff. The offense was fun to look at but I probably enjoyed watching the defense the most.

Great breakdown as always! Was an awesome game in an awesome atmosphere to watch. Would have loved to be there live!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Jimmy stabbing defenses in the middle, heart of the defense, and they can't do anything about it. If Jimmy can take care of the ball and don't feel like he has to force it, this offense is unstoppable in their own ways.
That's an impossibly high standard. Every QB makes mistakes and throws picks. If this team can't overcome a mistake or two from the QB every game, it's not a good team.
Great game and great vid. Thanks JD.
Originally posted by English:

Absolutely, English. So, you'll have to forgive my ignorance of English culture. What's your day that's similar to an American thanksgiving? I mean, technically the pilgrims were English so.....you could just borrow it
Originally posted by English:

Absolutely, English. So, you'll have to forgive my ignorance of English culture. What's your day that's similar to an American thanksgiving? I mean, technically the pilgrims were English so.....you could just borrow it

We have nothing like it. I am told that the most popular public holiday around the whole world is "Getting Our Independence From The British Day".
Share 49ersWebzone