LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Saints Pregame Thread - 2022 Season week 12

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Saints Pregame Thread - 2022 Season week 12

We are almost at Thursday night football already... looking forward to seeing the Niners take on the Saints. I agree, it has the potential to be a trap game, but I think that the Niners won't fall for that and win 24-10
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Trap game. We always come out flat after road games and maybe the short week affects us. Hopefully the rest our starters got at the end of the game helps out a bit.

On paper this should be a 40 burger and starters on the sidelines with ball caps on the sidelines by the 4th quarter, but games aren't played on paper. The Saints D is respectable.

This team needs to string together some wins.

This is my feeling too. Let down game at home after an emotional road win.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Last week, I predicted Grappy to throw for 4 TDs!!!

This week, it will be another 4 BURGERS for Grappy !!!

SF 38
NO 14
oh now all of a sudden niners are world beaters, lol

I ain't sold until we beat a team like da chiefs
The Rams, one of the very worst rushing teams in the league, just put up close to 5 yds per carry and 150 yds on the Saints. I know it's a week-to-week league, but CMC and Mitchell should eat well Thursday and Sunday.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

To be fair, beating the chiefs is the hardest thing to do in the NFL this season. They'll probably win it all.

The Niners are playing like they did at the end of last season, so yeah they are pretty darn good. Chiefs are probably the best team in the league and to get a chance at a rematch from earlier this season and from our last Super Bowl appearance with them is not out of the realm of possibility
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The Rams, one of the very worst rushing teams in the league, just put up close to 5 yds per carry and 150 yds on the Saints. I know it's a week-to-week league, but CMC and Mitchell should eat well Thursday and Sunday.
Lordy. The Rams don't have a running game. Zero. I didn't realize they ran all over the Saints, but I'm taking that with a big grain of salt. The Saints have a respectable defense. It could be that the D didn't gameplan around the run game just for that reason and got caught by surprise. I don't blame them for that, as a DC I would do the bare minimum in terms of run fits and focus more on stopping the short passing game.

This week will be different. They know that we're going to run the ball and will be keying in on that specifically. They'll live and die by making Jimmy beat them. So, Jimmy has to consistently make defenses pay for being one dimensional. We thought the Chargers run D was trash too and they stymied us in the first half. Once you start carving teams up in the passing game, the running lanes open up.

We need good back-to-back games from Jimmy.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

To be fair, beating the chiefs is the hardest thing to do in the NFL this season. They'll probably win it all.

the game vs Miami is a real GPS game, imo

Chiefs are also just a bad match up for 49ers, it seems.

We don't really know how 49ers would match up against the Dolpins yet, or Bills (played in late 2020 without several key players), and they seemed to match up well with the Bengals last year.

If 49ers can make the SB the ability to win it just may come down to if the Chiefs are there or not, too.
[ Edited by captveg on Nov 23, 2022 at 8:57 AM ]

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Lordy. The Rams don't have a running game. Zero. I didn't realize they ran all over the Saints, but I'm taking that with a big grain of salt. The Saints have a respectable defense. It could be that the D didn't gameplan around the run game just for that reason and got caught by surprise. I don't blame them for that, as a DC I would do the bare minimum in terms of run fits and focus more on stopping the short passing game.

This week will be different. They know that we're going to run the ball and will be keying in on that specifically. They'll live and die by making Jimmy beat them. So, Jimmy has to consistently make defenses pay for being one dimensional. We thought the Chargers run D was trash too and they stymied us in the first half. Once you start carving teams up in the passing game, the running lanes open up.

Point taken. It could shake out a lot like Monday night where we loosen them up in the air and whack them on the ground in the 2nd half. So let it be written...

we pretty much have that since the denver game
Gotta say Saints usually give us a barnburner.. do ppl still use that expression? barnburner?
Would be a great week to get a fresh Ebukam and Armstead back in the DL rotation

Yup, if we do make the super bowl - that's the only team I don't want to see.
Share 49ersWebzone