There are 248 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Saints Pregame Thread - 2022 Season week 12

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Saints Pregame Thread - 2022 Season week 12

https://youtu.be/ck6bGaqW9uQ

This team is a close knit group!
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think MM will need help against Cameron Jordan. Too much power to handle on his own. Need chips on him. If we can manage that to open up the pass, we should be good. Ultimately, I think winning the turnover battle will be key in this one. Dalton is better than McCoy, and their runners are a threat.

Saints are playing much better than people expected and I think the game could be closer than expected as well.

Cameron Jordan has an orbital bone fracture, wonder if he plays.

He pushed to play last week even with an eye swollen shut. First time he missed a game in his 12 year career. Insane. Unless the doctors force him out, I bet he plays this week. Saints know they need the help.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
I think MM will need help against Cameron Jordan. Too much power to handle on his own. Need chips on him. If we can manage that to open up the pass, we should be good. Ultimately, I think winning the turnover battle will be key in this one. Dalton is better than McCoy, and their runners are a threat.

Saints are playing much better than people expected and I think the game could be closer than expected as well.

Cameron Jordan has an orbital bone fracture, wonder if he plays.

He pushed to play last week even with an eye swollen shut. First time he missed a game in his 12 year career. Insane. Unless the doctors force him out, I bet he plays this week. Saints know they need the help.
He can't play, the helmet will keep pressing near that area
Originally posted by frenchmov:

never had texas pete before
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Originally posted by frenchmov:

never had texas pete before

Texas Pete used to be my favorite until I discovered El Yucateco. Their Habanero sauce is on point.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
This may actually be the "trap game" that fans love to say every week. Hope they aren't looking ahead to Miami.

they probably are not because this game is more important than Miami

49ers already had their trap game of the season at Atlanta. I could've sworn they were favored by 9-10 but s**t the bed.

It wasnt a trap game...it was a snake bit game

A majority of defensive starters were injured and missed that game

As a result ATL ran their power game down our throat and our 2s and 3s on the DL couldnt stop them

A regular 49er team smokes ATL

yup our whole starting DL as out including Bosa

and everyone as dropping passes left center and right that game

So much this, it's funny how people either don't remember or don't care to say what the reality was to prove their point.

We were allowing 65 yards rushing per game and magically once our whole defense was out it's 180 yards. We also out gained them in yardage by 60 yards so it wasn't a trap game just an injured game.
Originally posted by elguapo:
This may actually be the "trap game" that fans love to say every week. Hope they aren't looking ahead to Miami.

49ers already had their trap game of the season at Atlanta. I could've sworn they were favored by 9-10 but s**t the bed.

As a result ATL ran their power game down our throat and our 2s and 3s on the DL couldnt stop them

So much this, it's funny how people either don't remember or don't care to say what the reality was to prove their point.

We were allowing 65 yards rushing per game and magically once our whole defense was out it's 180 yards. We also out gained them in yardage by 60 yards so it wasn't a trap game just an injured game.

Yup. And a few dropped passes from making it a game.
Go 49ers!
Have hated the Saints since Bounty Gate. Hope we destroy them.
Saints are tied for 4th most sacks in the league and only blitz 20% of the time. So they are getting home with their front consistently. They only give up an average of 195 ypg through the air while facing some of the top passing offenses in the league this season. Chances are they will come out looking to shut our run game down early. Should we pass to set up the run or run to set up the pass in this game?

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Saints are tied for 4th most sacks in the league and only blitz 20% of the time. So they are getting home with their front consistently. They only give up an average of 195 ypg through the air while facing some of the top passing offenses in the league this season. Chances are they will come out looking to shut our run game down early. Should we pass to set up the run or run to set up the pass in this game?

Pass to set up the run like we did against Arizona on Monday night. Let the playmakers make plays!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Just saying as a gambler's view it was a trap game. 49ers were heavily favored and majority of the media picked the 9ers to win. 49ers weren't snake bit until they played Atlanta, the 49ers were coming off a blowout win in Carolina, not to mention coming out healthy from that game too.

Just saying as a gambler's view it was a trap game. 49ers were heavily favored and majority of the media picked the 9ers to win. 49ers weren't snake bit until they played Atlanta, the 49ers were coming off a blowout win in Carolina, not to mention coming out healthy from that game too.

We lost Mosely in that panthers game. That was a huge blow to our secondary.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

True but that didn't tilt the odds at all, the 49ers were still heavily favored.

True but that didn't tilt the odds at all, the 49ers were still heavily favored.

Just stating that we did not come out healthy from that game too, like you said.
Share 49ersWebzone